Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 11-26-2009, 02:08 AM   #1
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation
Default I've been taking a lot of Ib profin latley

For like the last two weeks my knees, legs and shoulders have been giving me some problems. Its not soreness, its pain. So to cover up the pain throughout the day ive been taking 5 ibuprofins in the morning (200mg) 5 before practice, and 5 at night. So ive been taking about 15 ibuprofins a day for around the last two weeks or so. Its working, but it cant be good for me? Is this bad? Should i cut back on it? What could happen if i kept on taking 15 a day.

Last edited by Splitz77 : 11-27-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation
Default Re: I've been taking a lot of Ib profin latley

Well, I'd say go to a doctor. Also did some research for you and it seems that taking too much ibuprofen can cause stomach bleeding... yeah...
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #3
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Well, I'd say go to a doctor. Also did some research for you and it seems that taking too much ibuprofen can cause stomach bleeding... yeah...

OH SHT ARE YOU SERIOUS!?! During the week of tryouts i used to take them like 2 times a day. And an extra day when we practiced. Oh God.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #4
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lol. I.B. Profin. Must be Tyson Lenol's cousin, whose the son of Pepito Bismol.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:25 AM   #5
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
OH SHT ARE YOU SERIOUS!?! During the week of tryouts i used to take them like 2 times a day. And an extra day when we practiced. Oh God.

Well, http://www.healthoma.com/what-can-ib...ose-do-to-you/
Old 11-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

ibuprofen*
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #7
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO

don't worry about it, that article he posted is talking about people who are taking like 10+ pills.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:25 AM   #8
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak
don't worry about it, that article he posted is talking about people who are taking like 10+ pills.

Yeah, MannyO doesn't really have to worry much. The OP though...
Old 11-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #9
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation

Yeah, well im just going to start taking them before practice and tough it out throughout the rest of the day. I would go to a doctor, but if soemthing is wrong with my knee then i will have to stop playing ball, and its my senior year. I cant end it like this. Were so close to a championship.
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #10
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitz77
Yeah, well im just going to start taking them before practice and tough it out throughout the rest of the day. I would go to a doctor, but if soemthing is wrong with my knee then i will have to stop playing ball, and its my senior year. I cant end it like this. Were so close to a championship.

err, you might want to consult a doctor or someone for all the OD'ing you've been doing...
Old 11-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #11
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:

Maybe you should go to a doctor for both. I'm sure a sports doctor would also know what the effects of ibuprofen are.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #12
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:

err, you might want to consult a doctor or someone for all the OD'ing you've been doing...
Old 01-13-2010, 11:48 PM   #13
fljumper
Can barely lace up my sneakers

fljumper has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
For like the last two weeks my knees, legs and shoulders have been giving me some problems. Its not soreness, its pain. So to cover up the pain throughout the day ive been taking 5 ibuprofins in the morning (200mg) 5 before practice, and 5 at night. So ive been taking about 15 ibuprofins a day for around the last two weeks or so. Its working, but it cant be good for me? Is this bad? Should i cut back on it? What could happen if i kept on taking 15 a day.

WHAT!?!?!!?! that's insane bro.... stop that regimen ASAP there is so much that can go wrong... you're hurting yourself more than anything... I stay away from all NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)... and I have the worst shin splints ever! I make up for it with a lot of ice, joint support (fish oil, glucosamine, msm, chondroitin... takes about 2 months for that to kick in though) and rest between playing (the rest between playing is what drives me nuts!) but much better than harming my body (I plan on playing for a very long time, I LOVE this sport)... Good Luck with everything bro
fljumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:24 PM   #14
Whiteness
Banned

Whiteness has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljumper
WHAT!?!?!!?! that's insane bro.... stop that regimen ASAP there is so much that can go wrong... you're hurting yourself more than anything... I stay away from all NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)... and I have the worst shin splints ever! I make up for it with a lot of ice, joint support (fish oil, glucosamine, msm, chondroitin... takes about 2 months for that to kick in though) and rest between playing (the rest between playing is what drives me nuts!) but much better than harming my body (I plan on playing for a very long time, I LOVE this sport)... Good Luck with everything bro

He's right. I got to the point where I took 4-5 a day and got a stomach ulcer. My best advice is to take a multivitamin, stretch, and rest.
Whiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:25 PM   #15
mjkittredge
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mjkittredge has an OK reputation so far

Does it stop the pain or decrease it for a while though? How well does it work? I've had shin splints, foot pain, and now an injured knee that's all swollen up, I could use a little relief. Taking over 5 a day is probably a very bad idea, I'd stick to 3 or less.
mjkittredge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: