Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2009, 05:09 AM   #1
triangleoffense
Fire Byron
 
triangleoffense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,834
Default Shaq's impact on Cavs (8-0? without shaq)

I believe the cavs were 3-4 at one point or something along those lines and then all of a sudden shaq goes down and the Cavs pull of at least 8 straight. I don't think anyone can deny that Phoenix has gotten exceptionally better by replacing Shaq with Channing Frye =/. Phoenix was barely a .500 team last year and missed the playoffs and now they have the best record in the west. It's sad as well when Cleveland shelled all that money for shaq when they could have easily gotten a lamar odom, shawn marion, sjax or something along those lines. I know they needed an extra big but they already had a proven finals and ECF team. When it comes to puzzling moves.. Cleveland is just wtf..

it seems like the wheels have fallen completely off at this point. He is averaging 11/6.9 at this point and although its early in the season, for someone who missed the playoffs last year and who needs to be "saved" for the playoffs it seems like this is the time he would want to make a statement for his fans and his teammates as well as the rest of the league to say "I'm even more dominant with an amazing wing player". If he can't put up 20/8 or even 15/8 at this point then whats to say he can do so deep in the playoffs? cause anything besides the finals is deemed a failure to the cavs (lebron) and it already seems like this was a bad move =/.

Last edited by triangleoffense : 11-26-2009 at 05:19 AM.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:13 AM   #2
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,589
Default Re: Shaq's impact on Cavs (8-0? without shaq)

I hate to say it, because I love Shaq, but I think at this stage in his career, dude is more of a hindrance than a help to his teams. He slows down offenses too damn much, and frankly it seems like people get worse around him for some odd reason.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:31 AM   #3
w00terz
FACT
 
w00terz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,949
Default Re: Shaq's impact on Cavs (8-0? without shaq)

The Cavs got Shaq to try and slow down Dwight. They should just save him until the playoffs.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:40 AM   #4
Diesel J
College superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,437
Default Re: Shaq's impact on Cavs (8-0? without shaq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00terz
The Cavs got Shaq to try and slow down Dwight. They should just save him until the playoffs.

Exactly.. the cavs don't need Shaq unless they're playing teams with dominant big men, specifically Orlando and the Lakers.
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:40 AM   #5
triangleoffense
Fire Byron
 
triangleoffense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,834
Default Re: Shaq's impact on Cavs (8-0? without shaq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00terz
The Cavs got Shaq to try and slow down Dwight. They should just save him until the playoffs.

and if they play cleveland? And then possibly the lakers/spurs/mavs/suns?

The mavs has monster matchup problems with marion at the 3 and dirk at the 4.

Quote:
Exactly.. the cavs don't need Shaq unless they're playing teams with dominant big men, specifically Orlando and the Lakers.

Right, so shaq takes on Pau and bynum, Lebron guards Lamar Odom.. and then Anthony Parker takes on Kobe?

Plus 1 halfway decent game against Orlando playing on a back to back without Rashard Lewis means nothing. Orlando acquired massive changes in pieces in Vince and then Anderson and Bass. Hedo was part of the nucleus that held that team together, that's not to dimiss what Cleveland did this offseason as well but they are big changes none the less. You might want to read my entire post, like I said. If shaq is playing like this right now whats to say he'll magically flip the switch during the playoffs.

Last edited by triangleoffense : 11-26-2009 at 05:42 AM.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:47 AM   #6
White Mamba
@kobemania
 
White Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,287
Default Re: Shaq's impact on Cavs (8-0? without shaq)

They won at Orlando&Miami with Shaq

I don't think Shaq is a problem. they just win bad teams right now.
White Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:57 AM   #7
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School
 
kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: El Dorado
Posts: 13,427
Default Re: Shaq's impact on Cavs (8-0? without shaq)

interesting
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #8
Duncan21formvp
Good college starter
 
Duncan21formvp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,286
Default Re: Shaq's impact on Cavs (8-0? without shaq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangleoffense
I believe the cavs were 3-4 at one point or something along those lines and then all of a sudden shaq goes down and the Cavs pull of at least 8 straight. I don't think anyone can deny that Phoenix has gotten exceptionally better by replacing Shaq with Channing Frye =/. Phoenix was barely a .500 team last year and missed the playoffs and now they have the best record in the west. It's sad as well when Cleveland shelled all that money for shaq when they could have easily gotten a lamar odom, shawn marion, sjax or something along those lines. I know they needed an extra big but they already had a proven finals and ECF team. When it comes to puzzling moves.. Cleveland is just wtf..

it seems like the wheels have fallen completely off at this point. He is averaging 11/6.9 at this point and although its early in the season, for someone who missed the playoffs last year and who needs to be "saved" for the playoffs it seems like this is the time he would want to make a statement for his fans and his teammates as well as the rest of the league to say "I'm even more dominant with an amazing wing player". If he can't put up 20/8 or even 15/8 at this point then whats to say he can do so deep in the playoffs? cause anything besides the finals is deemed a failure to the cavs (lebron) and it already seems like this was a bad move =/.


http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2010/

They were 6-3 with Shaq and now 5-1 without him.


These are the teams they have played without him.

10 Sat, Nov 14, 2009 Utah Jazz W 107 103 7 3 W 4
11 Tue, Nov 17, 2009 Golden State Warriors W 114 108 8 3 W 5
12 Wed, Nov 18, 2009 @ Washington Wizards L 91 108 8 4 L 1
13 Fri, Nov 20, 2009 @ Indiana Pacers W 105 95 9 4 W 1
14 Sat, Nov 21, 2009 Philadelphia 76ers W 97 91 10 4 W 2
15 Wed, Nov 25, 2009 @ Detroit Pistons W 98 88 11 4 W 3


Only decent team was Utah.
Duncan21formvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:01 AM   #9
mamba24
read this you homer
 
mamba24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,478
Default Re: Shaq's impact on Cavs (8-0? without shaq)

Well its all good for the cavs right now but i still think the magic are a best team in the east...and hate to say it but i think if they play a rematch with the lakers...their bench will rape our bench outright. magic would win in 6 in a rematch..
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:05 AM   #10
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School
 
kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: El Dorado
Posts: 13,427
Default Re: Shaq's impact on Cavs (8-0? without shaq)

imo the magic would lose in a seven game series vs. this cavs team. they have a deeper bench, lebron is starting to hit his outside shot and the big man will help with dwight. whether thats tiring dwight out cuz of his mass or him actually playing defense. we'll see.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:05 AM   #11
JG000
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
JG000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 650
Default Re: Shaq's impact on Cavs (8-0? without shaq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
I think at this stage in his career, dude is more of a hindrance than a help to his teams. He slows down offenses too damn much, and frankly it seems like people get worse around him for some odd reason.

this
JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #12
PleezeBelieve
Thunder it DOWN, Dion!
 
PleezeBelieve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,464
Default Re: Shaq's impact on Cavs (8-0? without shaq)

This thread is a bowl of epic fail. So see-through.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #13
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter
 
DukeDelonte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,619
Default Re: Shaq's impact on Cavs (8-0? without shaq)

This is a stupid post with no basis. Cavs last lost was against the Wizards, and Shaq really could have helped the team pull out a victory since they had no rebounding.

They game against Orlando ment nothing for the cavs cause they were missing Lewis? Get off it. Not like the cavs were healthy either. Shaq was the reason cavs won, and he will be the reason cavs win again.

the two or three games cavs did loose were:

1st game of the season against the C's, (which was pretty damn close)

2nd game against the Raps, (thank MB for playing Shaq/Z against Bosh/bargnani )


The bulls loss was kinda BS too. MB played Z/Shaq for an 8 minute stretch over the third and fourth quarters, and didn't put lebron in until we were down with 4 mins to go in the qaurter.


Shaq isn't the reason cavs lose, its MB playing Shaq and Z together until the team blows the lead. The shaq pickup was great, cavs lost no one to get him and he is still much better than Z.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #14
PleezeBelieve
Thunder it DOWN, Dion!
 
PleezeBelieve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,464
Default Re: Shaq's impact on Cavs (8-0? without shaq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2010/

They were 6-3 with Shaq and now 5-1 without him.


These are the teams they have played without him.

10 Sat, Nov 14, 2009 Utah Jazz W 107 103 7 3 W 4
11 Tue, Nov 17, 2009 Golden State Warriors W 114 108 8 3 W 5
12 Wed, Nov 18, 2009 @ Washington Wizards L 91 108 8 4 L 1
13 Fri, Nov 20, 2009 @ Indiana Pacers W 105 95 9 4 W 1
14 Sat, Nov 21, 2009 Philadelphia 76ers W 97 91 10 4 W 2
15 Wed, Nov 25, 2009 @ Detroit Pistons W 98 88 11 4 W 3


Only decent team was Utah.
Utah was w/o Deron.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #15
AJ2k8
Banned
 
AJ2k8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,316
Default Re: Shaq's impact on Cavs (8-0? without shaq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
This thread is a bowl of epic fail. So see-through.
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:14 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy