Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-14-2009, 04:11 PM   #31
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Top Five "Play-Makers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Plenty of people had Dallas drafting WR. Go do your research, something you rarely ever do. Guess who Dallas aquired then overpaid not too long after the draft primetime? Roy Williams. I wonder why?

Moron.
NO ONE had Dallas taking a WR, you are making sh*t up...

Jerry is an Arkansas allumni and it was a COMPLETE GIVEN that we were taking Felix Jones...(although we were shocked that Mendy fell that far)...and then we HAD TO HAVE A CB...WE HAD NONE...SO WE DRAFTED 2 OF THEM...

you don't know what the f*ck you are talking about...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #32
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know the Saints have about 30 weapons on offense, but I wish they would use Bush a lot more. He was really making plays yesterday that no one else on the team could do. Move him around the field, etc because he has a certain skill set that is rare in the NFL. He can play PR/KR/RB/WR. Shoot, even go two TE's with him and Shockey. Defenses will be confused as hell.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #33
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

here:

http://www.draftking.com/nfl/2008/mockdraft.shtml

Quote:
22. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland) - Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas *
Jones has been overlooked by many due to the presence of Darren McFadden, but he will earn plenty of attention during the weeks leading up to the draft. He would be a particularly nice fit for the Cowboys, who are likely going to lose Julius Jones to free agency but have Marion Barber, III as a restricted free agent they can very likely keep.

While Barber is a bruiser, Jones would be a great contrast, given that he's 6'0", 200 pounds, and he ran a 4.47 40 at the combine. Felix Jones has feature back ability, and he would be a great pickup by the Cowboys. Jonathan Stewart may also be a consideration for this spot, but with him undergoing toe surgery, he might slide behind Jones, particularly on a Dallas team that wants two healthy RBs going into the season.

Quote:
28. Dallas Cowboys - Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas *
Despite the news that Adam "Pacman" Jones will be acquired from Tennessee by Dallas for a 2008 fourth round pick, the word out of Dallas is that the team is preparing for the 2008 season as if they won't have Pacman, since he still needs to be reinstated to be able to play.

Because of that, corner is a position that the Cowboys will likely address with one of their two first round picks. Talib is a strong player who capped a strong 2007 season with a fantastic performance in the Orange Bowl. Adding him to the mix in the secondary in Dallas makes great sense, and Cowboys fans should be happy if it plays out this way. Some see Talib as a top ten prospect, though there are vastly contrasting opinions out there about the order of the top corners in this draft.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:26 PM   #34
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

another:

http://armchairgm.wikia.com/Article:My_2008_Mock_Draft

Quote:
22. Dallas Cowboys- Felix Jones, RB Arkansas- This is another match that just makes me excited. I hate the Cowboys. Actually, I hate their fans. I love their collection of big, scary, FAST players, especially on defense. With the expected departure of Julius Jones, they'll be in the market for a second running back. Jones paired with Marion Barber is a frightening scenario for Giants fans like me. I have a funny feeling that Jones is going to be a better pro than McFadden. I'm probably 100% wrong, but I just have that feeling...

Quote:
29. Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Thomas, CB USC- After taking Felix Jones a few spots earlier, I would expect Dallas to add to their defense. As I stated before, their front 7 in incredibly athletic and fast. Their secondary is very good, but the corners are aging, That's why I see them taking the rangy Thomas and allow him to develop for a few years behind Newman and Henry.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #35
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

one more, just in case:

http://nflmocks.com/2008/01/05/2008-mock-draft-15/

Quote:
22. Dallas Cowboys (From Browns) – HB Felix Jones, Arkansas

■Jerry Jones is probably dreaming up ways how he can trade up to acquire McFadden. I think he will settle for the other Arkansas RB and grab Felix Jones early, then pick a corner second. Can you imagine the Marion the Barbarian alongside Felix Jones’ speed?

Quote:
31. Dallas Cowboys – CB Aqib Talib, Kansas

■This would be a great pick for Dallas, and would give them another corner to pair with T-New.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
NO ONE had Dallas taking a WR, you are making sh*t up...

You're wrong. You have zero clue. WR wasnt a need in Dallas yet somehow Roy Williams was traded there and given big bucks.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #37
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You're wrong. You have zero clue. WR wasnt a need in Dallas yet somehow Roy Williams was traded there and given big bucks.
okay, you aren't following...

WR was a need sure, but not nearly enough of a need to take one in the first round (or apparently any other round)...there are not that many teams in the NFL that you could say don't really need more depth at WR...we all NEED another WR...

you're clearly wrong, and also clearly have no clue...that is, if you were expecting Dallas to snag Jackson in the 1st and felt lucky when we didn't...
Old 12-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #38
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Is GoBB getting his ass handed to him in here by Primetime of all people?

Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dallas needed a WR to groom as T.Owens replacement. Someone who could go deep, stretch the field. Desean Jackson does that. Dallas passed him up, a top 10 talent in the draft. Mock drafts that you posted? I bet all had Desean going higher. So you feeding me what a mock draft result says is funny and misleading given what I laid out.

What does Dallas do later/down the road? Trade for Roy Williams while giving him an extension. 1rst, 3rd, and 6th round picks for f*cking Roy Williams?

When all you had to do was take Desean Jackson in the draft, save money and picks? Ok. Roy career in Dallas has been a bust. Thanks for passing up Desean Jackson Dallas. I wouldnt want my Eagles facing him 2 times a year. Ad yes many teams passed him up. But when an nfc east team that needed a WR that draft passes him up? I'll speak on it.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:19 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Is GoBB getting his ass handed to him in here by Primetime of all people?

How so? All he has to do is his homework. Jerry Jones was lookin for another big play WR. WR was one of the draft needs in Dallas. These are facts anyone can look up for past articles/quotes. Look up past draft needs.

Quote:
19. Philadelphia Eagles- DeSean Jackson, WR California- The Eagles need some things more than they do a wide reciever, most notably some help in the secondary and at linebacker. But a talent like Jackson is too hard to pass up. With him, Kevin Curtis, and Reggie Brown, and Brian Westbrook out of the backfield, Philly could have an electric group of recievers.

Mention in one of the links he posted. Well known for talented D.Jackson was that draft.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

http://www.thefootballexpert.com/coxmockdraft.html

Quote:
22) Dallas (via Cleveland) – WR DeSean Jackson (California)
Even though the Cowboy offense was explosive someone to hurt opponents taking away Terrell Owens is a priority. At 34 Glenn is just about done as their speed threat and T.O. actually turns 35 during the season although he appears to have a little more left in his tank. Crayton is merely average. Several times this year Owens was limited to less than 50 yards receiving. They were 4-2 in those games with two of the wins by 1 point and 9-0 otherwise. Jackson is a legitimate home run threat and dynamite on punt returns. His stock fell when nearly every team punted away from him last year. Cal had just 16 punt returns, 12 by Jackson in 13 games. A minor injury while the team struggled in the second half of the season also soured those who once had him in the top 10. Still, he is a better prospect than Ted Ginn Jr. who went #9 last year. For the Cowboys he gives them touchdown potential on punt returns and if you check the records they are horrible in that department.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys: DeSean Jackson, WR/PR, California
Jerry Jones was quoted as saying that his No. 1 priority is acquiring a top-notch target across from Terrell Owens. That's pretty obvious, as Terry Glenn is nearing retirement, while Patrick Crayton did everything in his power to knock his own team out of the playoffs. If the Cowboys can't trade for Anquan Boldin or Roy Williams, they'll have to spend one of their first two selections on a wide out.

We can go back and forth.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #42
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

little man is top 10 talent huh?

Miles Austin >>>>> DeSean

thank god we didn't draft him...(assuming we actually wanted a WR rather than the things we actually needed)

Miles will have a big game and follow it up with 2 games of zip. I'll take DeSean over him as DeSean can help you in multiple ways other than WR. Until Miles because a consistent threat every game I don't see how you can put him ahead of DeSean.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #43
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Roy was supposed to take pressure off TO as well as become the eventual #1...

I am suprised to see Jackson on those mocks though...

I will say this, had Dallas taken Jackson in the first round, half of the city would have went into cardiac arrest...

I don't see how it is possible that Philly fans feel lucky that Dallas past him up really...

but okay, whatever...

like I said earlier though, the fans you should be pointing your finger at are all of these guys:

Quote:
33 St. Louis Rams Donnie Avery Wide receiver Houston
34 Washington Redskins (from Oakland through Atlanta) Devin Thomas Wide receiver Michigan State
36 Green Bay Packers(from New York Jets) Jordy Nelson Wide receiver Kansas State
41 Buffalo Bills James Hardy Wide receiver Indiana
42 Denver Broncos Eddie Royal Wide receiver Virginia Tech
46 Cincinnati Bengals Jerome Simpson Wide receiver Coastal Carolina
49 Philadelphia Eagles DeSean Jackson Wide receiver California

not Dallas...
Old 12-14-2009, 06:54 PM   #44
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Miles will have a big game and follow it up with 2 games of zip. I'll take DeSean over him as DeSean can help you in multiple ways other than WR. Until Miles because a consistent threat every game I don't see how you can put him ahead of DeSean.
he has been much more consistant than DeSean has...

esp if you take into account that Miles didn't start the first 4 games of the season...

the punt return thing could take it over the top...I will agree with that...

honestly though, I just don't really like small WRs...
Old 12-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #45
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
yeah...

Miles is twice his size and maybe just as fast...

and right now Miles has better stats unless you are wanting to include punt returning...
And you claim GOBB is the one making stuff up.

Quote:
and even with punt returns included Miles still has more TDs...
They both have 10. You're forgetting this one.

"but Miles wasn't starting the first 4 games!" DeSean also missed a whole game and the 2nd half of another. There isn't a team in the league who would take Austin over Action Jackson, don't kid yourself.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: