Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #61
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Default Re: Top Five "Play-Makers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Who are the top five play-makers. This isn't exactly who the best players are, either. Just the most explosive ones.

1 - Desean Jackson

This guy seems to be faster on the field than anyone in the league. His acceleration, moves and overall speed are second to none in my opinion.

2 - Chris Johnson

Who even averages over 6 yards a carry when you're the featured back like he is? That just doesn't happen.

3 - Ed Reed

Biggest defensive play-maker in the league.

4 - Reggie Bush

One of the most elusive players in open field. He can make plays in a variety of ways - returns, rushing and receiving.

5 - Troy Polamalu

I don't know if there has been a bigger play-maker on defense the past two seasons or so. He has been making huge plays for his team in the run game and in the passing game.
anyone who thinks Carbine knows sh*t about the game really needs to think again...

these kind of things pop up almost every time he attempts to create a thread, which is rare, but the mistakes still go unmentioned alot...

Reggie Bush is a top 5 playmaker in the NFL!!!???

~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:16 PM   #62
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
anyone who thinks Carbine knows sh*t about the game really needs to think again...

these kind of things pop up almost every time he attempts to create a thread, which is rare, but the mistakes still go unmentioned alot...

Reggie Bush is a top 5 playmaker in the NFL!!!???

That won was a bit puzzling to me. But he does have 28 Tds is 4 which is not bad at all. His actual use and performance on the field is not top 5 in the league playmaking tho.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #63
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

My top 5 play-makers would be:

1) Chris Johnson - Probably the most electric running back I've ever seen. A threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. Equally as dynamic catching balls out of the backfield. Could he be the fastest NFL RB ever?

2) DeSean Jackson - The only other guy who might be as fast as CJ. The Eagles try to get the ball in his hands as much as possible whether it's returning punts, catching passes, or on end-arounds. His punt return for a TD vs the Giants this past week was probably the most impressive punt return I've ever seen.

3) Maurice Jones Drew - One of my favorite players in the NFL, this guy does it all. He's putting up very impressive numbers even behind a mediocre line. This guy scores more touchdowns per touches than any other player in league history, true story.

4) Ray Rice - Similar to MJD in size and style. Very complete back. All but 2 of his TD's have come on 20+ yard runs or catches. A true all purpose back, he's blossomed into one of the best backs in the league.

5) Andre Johnson - What a man beast. Size, speed, hands, toughness, this guy has it all. He has to be the best receiver in the league.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #64
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
2) DeSean Jackson - The only other guy who might be as fast as CJ. The Eagles try to get the ball in his hands as much as possible whether it's returning punts, catching passes, or on end-arounds. His punt return for a TD vs the Giants this past week was probably the most impressive punt return I've ever seen.
I think you've seen better. This is the single greatest I've seen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=969OaxTLz6M

That punt TD DeSean had vs. Tennesee in college was something crazy too.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #65
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Peterson, who actually is just about as fast as CJ, would also average 7-8 ypc if he didn't have to run short yardage like CJ...

that is also why Barry Sanders retired with a 5.0 ypc average...he was benched on short yardage runs, and in the redzone...

Peterson has to grind out a ton of short yards that CJ just isn't asked to do...

he also "makes plays" that CJ doesn't....did you see the double stiff arm against the Browns week 1?....did you see him truck over Gay?

CJ does run short yard situations for the titans Lendale has seen very few carries this season. CJ is the one who doesn't get sat down on 3rd down in pass situations like Peterson is for Chester.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:19 PM   #66
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Jackson has TDs of 85, 71, 64, 67, 57, 54, and 48. I know Johnson has some pretty big runs, but Jackson is just flat out nasty.

CJ has TD's of 57, 69, 91, 52, 89, and 85 so both have been pretty damn explosive btw i think your missing some of Jackson's TD's as crazy as that sounds.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #67
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
CJ does run short yard situations for the titans Lendale has seen very few carries this season. CJ is the one who doesn't get sat down on 3rd down in pass situations like Peterson is for Chester.

I'm not buying the AP makes plays CJ doesnt either.

You want a combination of power and explosiveness? Look at his 89 yarder vs. Jax. (And no Im not comparing his power to AP's but he is far from just a speed back.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ngkiV6LRdo

Elusiveness, balance, and explosion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-a8uaf5uRY
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: