Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2009, 03:37 AM   #16
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 10,803
~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
Peterson's the one who's got the durability concerns, not Johnson, just so it's clear
well, if I had to bet money on it, I would say that when it is all said and done it will Peterson as the first ballot HOFer...CJ "could" do that, but it doesn't seem as sure as Peterson to me...

I bet Peterson will have the better career...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:45 AM   #17
tian820
NBA lottery pick
 
tian820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,513
tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board
Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
well, if I had to bet money on it, I would say that when it is all said and done it will Peterson as the first ballot HOFer...CJ "could" do that, but it doesn't seem as sure as Peterson to me...

I bet Peterson will have the better career...

But you love OU and Peterson. If you were an objective source I might buy it. Even so however, your argument is flawed, but I guess we'll see in 5-10 years
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:53 AM   #18
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 10,803
~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
But you love OU and Peterson. If you were an objective source I might buy it. Even so however, your argument is flawed, but I guess we'll see in 5-10 years
it is just my gut feeling...

CJ looks to be having the better year now...maybe even a 2,000 yard year, which is amazing, but I just don't see him doing that year after year...

AD on the other hand will ALWAYS be a 1,500 yard RB...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:04 AM   #19
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,843
hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

White hasnt really ran on 3rd down and short much this season. In fact, CJ looks like he's replacing him in GL situations also.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:05 AM   #20
33824
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
White hasnt really ran on 3rd down and short much this season. In fact, CJ looks like he's replacing him in GL situations also.

Yep ... that's why I thought that that argument was stupid.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:13 AM   #21
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,658
Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

I don't know what games you've been watching Prime, but Chris gets a lot of third and short chances. White is only averaging 6 carries a game.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #22
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles
 
UConnCeltics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,882
UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

Adrian Peterson has 6 more carries that CJ this year, less than one a game more. So that means they both get short yardage runs, or they both don't. Chester Taylor has also taken more carries from AP than Landwhale has from CJ, 63 to 61.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #23
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,972
Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

Quote:
who is the better pure runner( YPC)? Chris Johnson

what a moronic thing to say LOL

Last edited by Skywalker : 11-29-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #24
iggy>
happy tanksgiving
 
iggy>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Philly
Posts: 3,976
iggy> has decent reputation
Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

chris johnson is clearly better this year, why is this even an arguement. who the f*ck gets 1200 yards with a 6.2 ypc average. has that even happened before?
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #25
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year
 
Tarik One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,445
Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

Quote:
No. People act like Peterson has regressed. All he's done is improve his receiving and blocking. The reason he's not having huge monster games is because they don't need him to and if you don't need him to why pound him 25-30 times a game? Pro long his career by keeping him fresh when you have a HOF Pro Bowl QB next to him to rely on.

Yep. Peterson has many more weapons around him than he's had in recent years, so his numbers are automatically going to decrease as a result of it. He doesn't have to carry as big a load. People need to quit comparing players based on stats and take time to actually watch a game or two.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #26
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 10,803
~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
chris johnson is clearly better this year, why is this even an arguement. who the f*ck gets 1200 yards with a 6.2 ypc average. has that even happened before?
wasn't AD averaging 6.0 his rookie year on pace for 2,000 before he got injured???
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #27
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 10,803
~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I don't know what games you've been watching Prime, but Chris gets a lot of third and short chances. White is only averaging 6 carries a game.
I have watched a few couple Titans games this year...CJ is like Deion Sanders at RB... they aren't pounding him at the goal line like the Vikes do with AD...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #28
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,905
baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
AD is a better pure runner...like I said, if CJ had to run short yarage instead of White his ypc would be like 4.5...

if AD never had to run short yardage like CJ, his ypc would be like 8.0

I also expect AD to have a very long career in the NFL...not sure CJ will remain "hot" that long...

Peterson also ran a 4.37...
lol dude, CJ already DOES take the goalline, lendale does nothing in tennessee.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #29
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,658
Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Yep. Peterson has many more weapons around him than he's had in recent years, so his numbers are automatically going to decrease as a result of it. He doesn't have to carry as big a load. People need to quit comparing players based on stats and take time to actually watch a game or two.

What? Why would that happen? Having more weapons around you in basketball works this way in that your numbers go down, but not football.

Peterson having Favre, Rice, Harvin and that left side of the line is not going to hurt his numbers. It would HELP him because teams can't focus all their energy on one player because others will make them pay.

You think Peyton would put up better numbers surrounded by less talent? No.

More talent is better.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,943
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

Chris Johnson is not better. If anything he just leap frogged or replaced some of the RBs we had as the top 5. Thats it. His stats dont say he is better either. That logic is funny because Cedric Benson could have better stats than Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson. And guess what? Both are still better than him.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy