Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-29-2009, 07:53 PM   #46
ArizaAttack24

Default Re: Is Chris Johnson better then Adrian Peterson?

Peterson can do more with less, I thought it was proven last season when he has Tarvaris Jackson as his Qb and made the playoffs.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #47
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizaAttack24
Peterson can do more with less, I thought it was proven last season when he has Tarvaris Jackson as his Qb and made the playoffs.
like kerry collins is any better?
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #48
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
like kerry collins is any better?
the Titans are not gonna make the post season...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #49
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
he has only played a full season once in his past 5 years...

if he plays all 16 games this year, that only be the second time he has done it...

that is 4 years with injury issues...
Missing a game here and there doesn't constitute being injury prone, imo. Yeah... This would be his second 16 game season, but he has 15 and 14 game seasons, as well. That means, in his six years in the league, he has played 14 or more games in four of those seasons (assuming that he continues his streak this year).

The two years that he didn't reach that mark were 12 game seasons... It isn't as though he only played half of the season.

I don't think that a rare missed game here and there over the course of his career is enough to knock his stock down as a RB, especially considering his workload. He is averaging 24.5 touches per game over the last five years... The most in the NFL over that span.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizaAttack24

The Vikings have had one of the best offensive lines in the league for years. Peterson has never been on a team even remotely as bad as the Rams over the past few years or the Titans this year. We really don't know how good he would be on a team with a bad line.

AP is a great player, but attributing their playoff run last season solely to him is ridiculous.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 11-29-2009 at 08:04 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #50
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Missing a game here and there doesn't constitute being injury prone, imo. Yeah... This would be his second 16 game season, but he has 15 and 14 game seasons, as well. That means, in his six years in the league, he has played 14 or more games in four of those seasons (assuming that he continues his streak this year).

The two years that he didn't reach that mark were 12 game seasons... It isn't as though he only played half of the season.

I don't think that a rare missed game here and there over the course of his career is enough to knock his stock down as a RB, especially considering his workload. He is averaging 24.5 touches per game over the last five years... The most in the NFL over that span.

The Vikings have had one of the best offensive lines in the league for years. Peterson has never been on a team even remotely as bad as the Rams over the past few years or the Titans this year. We really don't know how good he would be on a team with a bad line.
hey I agree that Jackson is a stud and deserves to be in this conversation...

Peterson had no passing game to work with before this year, regardless of his line, he still constantly had to face 9 in the box...
Old 11-29-2009, 08:19 PM   #51
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Quote:
the Titans are not gonna make the post season...
ok, that alone makes peterson better.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #52
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Quote:
hey I agree that Jackson is a stud and deserves to be in this conversation...

Peterson had no passing game to work with before this year, regardless of his line, he still constantly had to face 9 in the box...
like the titans passing game was any better?? enough with these lame arguements
Old 11-29-2009, 08:21 PM   #53
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
ok, that alone makes peterson better.
I was just pointing out that you missed his point all together...
Old 11-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #54
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
like the titans passing game was any better?? enough with these lame arguements
but Chris Johnson wasn't better last year...

wtf dude...

are you just argueing just to argue???
Old 11-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #55
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Quote:
but Chris Johnson wasn't better last year...

wtf dude...

are you just argueing just to argue???
but youre saying that peterson is better even this year, which is clearly false. chris johnson had a great rookie year with kerry collins @ qb and his team went 13-3. now in his sophomore year hes just raping the entire nfl, how the f*ck is he a one hit wonder?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #56
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
but youre saying that peterson is better even this year, which is clearly false. chris johnson had a great rookie year with kerry collins @ qb and his team went 13-3. now in his sophomore year hes just raping the entire nfl, how the f*ck is he a one hit wonder?
here:

Quote:
it is just my gut feeling...

CJ looks to be having the better year now...maybe even a 2,000 yard year, which is amazing, but I just don't see him doing that year after year...

AD on the other hand will ALWAYS be a 1,500 yard RB...
stop making sh*t up...
Old 11-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #57
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

add another 18 carrys for 156, 8.6 ypc against the cardinals

Old 11-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #58
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Quote:
not at all...

CJ's ypc is a result of him not having to run short yardage plays...Lendale White has that duty...Peterson would average 100 ypc if he didn't have to run short yardage...

also, 5 years from now I bet AD is still a 1500 yard RB...and I bet CJ will be viewed as a one hit wonder...

give me AD...
dumbest post youve ever made, and thats saying something. can u ever be objective?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #59
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
dumbest post youve ever made, and thats saying something. can u ever be objective?
that is not the dumbest post I have ever made...lol, I wish it was...if it was then that really would be saying something...

and I didn't mean a one hit wonder as in just one good year, I ment it in a Sean Alexander, Jamal Lewis, Larry Johnson type way...

I could be wrong though, that is just my gut feeling
Old 11-29-2009, 08:57 PM   #60
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I remember saying the Panthers should take CJ in the 2nd round in 2008 and people claimed I was just hyping him up because he went to my alma mater (ECU) and all Johnson had was speed. Now he's the most productive back in the league. He's not better than AP, but he's no worse than a top 3 back in the league.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: