Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-15-2006, 06:13 PM   #1
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default An idea placed to me: Brandon Roy-Boston

AKADS posted the Chad Ford Mock to me, this is the basis:

1. Toronto: Andrea Bargani
2. Chicago: Tyrus Thomas
3. Charlotte: Rudy Gay
4. Portland: Adam Morrison
5. Atlanta: Shelden Williams
6. Minnesota: LaMarcus Aldridge
7. Boston: Brandon Roy
8. Houston: JJ Redick

Now when I look at that I am amazed. But this is a situation that could happen.

AKADS suggested that Roy and LaFrentz could be used to bring in a play such as Lamar Odom. Any takers?

I don't know what to do in this situation. Roy is a great talent no doubt, in the Paul Pierce mould. I think I would play Pierce a lot of minutes hope like hell he plays well, and then trade him to the worst team in the league for their draft pick and some good young talent.

I'd try and get two low (1-5) first rounders in the 2007 draft, meaning two shots at Oden, and if you miss him you still get 2 very very good players. Wright and Durant maybe.

If all this happened Boston would be set. Just need to drop LaFrentz and Wally on an idiot team like New York for expirers.

CT: Perkins/
PF: Jefferson/ Wright
SF: Green/ Durant
SG: Roy/ Allen
PG: West/ Greene

However I think Chad Ford is falling for teams' smoke screens. No way Thomas goes to the Bulls.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:51 AM   #2
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

I can't see the Bobcats taking a SF over a SG like Roy when they have Wallace. Every mock that I see that has them taking either Gay or Morrison instead of Roy just doesn't make sense to me.

However, IF Roy is available at 7 and Danny is staying true to the whole BPA strategy than we would have to take him I guess, I would rather have Marcus Williams though. And I would have to agree that Chad Ford is falling for smokescreens. He was all over Rajon Rondo a week ago proclaiming that he would be a top 10 pick (I think he had us taking him), and didn't he just recently have Patrick O'Bryant as the top overall pick, or somewhere near the top? For the most part I like Chad Ford but he has an insane knee-jerk reaction to rumors sometimes.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #3
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

I would be excited about the C's drafting Roy but that would mean 1 wing (Wally) would definately have to go.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: