Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-15-2006, 03:10 AM   #1
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool
Default Doc Rivers High on Gooden???

This is all from different Message Boards so it most likely all BS but.

Quote:
To my suprise when I turned on 740 this morning they had Doc Rivers on. I only caught the tail end but they talked a bit about the draft. He mentioned that the Cav's and Magic wanted the Celtics 7th pick.

On the Magic's good run.... He mentioned that getting hedo was a silent good move. That Dwight could potentially be the best player to ever wear a Magic uniform very soon. Than that he's heard that people could see the Magic as high as forth in the league, but that he didn't want to place such high expectations on a team one year after a lottery season.

That's about all I caught... In his parting comment he made a knock that he'd come on the station as long as the bald headed guy (bianchi) wasn't around

Quote:
I don't know if anyone else remembers this, but Doc Rivers called some games in the Cavaliers-Wizards playoff series and he was very complimentary of Drew Gooden. He seemed very fond of Gooden's hustle, talent, and rebounding ability. I then remembered that Doc had Drew in Orlando for a little while and that was when Drew went off against Ben Wallace in the Detroit series that the Magic lost despite being up 3-1.
After hearing Rivers talking up Gooden, I couldn't help, but think the Celtics might be a team that makes a run at him in the offseason. Al Jefferson isn't ready to start at PF and the Celtics did have some trade talks with the Cavaliers involving Gooden prior to the trade deadline last year. If I recall correctly, those talks involved Gooden & Damon Jones for Marcus Banks, Mark Blount, and possibly others.
Boston is over the salary cap and any deal for Gooden now would have to be a sign & trade. Boston has a trade exception from some previous deals, but likely not enough to cover Gooden's first year salary.
If the Cavaliers were to acquire the #7 pick, it's likely that they would target Randy Foye, Marcus Williams, or Shelden Williams.

What do you guys think.
Would you move the pick for Gooden.

Do rip me ust wanted to get your guys opinions. And i know we couldn't make the deal till july 1st. So you would have to draft the player we wanted and then we would trade after the Free Agent market opens July 1st.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:37 AM   #2
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

It's a very interesting situation, but no I wouldn't even come close to contemplating giving up the 7th overall pick for Gooden. We may be able to get our hands on a true PG like Marcus Williams or Randy Foye with the pick, and Al could easily provide more production than Gooden given the same amount of minutes per game.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:46 AM   #3
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

What about a Gooden Snow For Wally #7
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:35 AM   #4
Snoopy
I brick open layups

Snoopy has an OK reputation so far

man im all for anything that gets rid of wally, but i think we could just as easily keep the pick and take someone like o'bryant or sheldon with it who could be used in tandem with perk and al and end up giving us quite a sick frontcourt
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:35 AM   #5
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Gooden's good.

But in a year or 2 Al will be much better.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: