Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #16
PolishHammer13
I airball my layups

PolishHammer13 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nets have fired head coach Lawrence Frank

Now who's the longest tenured coach?
PolishHammer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #17
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishHammer13
Now who's the longest tenured coach?
Jerry Sloan.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #18
Johnni Gade
High School Starter

Johnni Gade has no real reputation yet.

about time
Johnni Gade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #19
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
What's your take on how he did over the years, how he was doing this season, taking into account the roster as well as all the injuries, etc.
you can nitpick him for being very young, relatively unaccomplished, unauthoritarian in appearance and not always running the lineups the way fans would prefer ("sean williams deserves to start, yo!") but he was good to superb in all other areas i can think of, such as preparation, communication, X's and O's, conflict-resolution, play-diagramming, handling the press, holding players accountable for their actions, extreme dedication to his job, reputation among his peers and basketball's upper management, etc. it's a long list...

as for this season, based on how hard the players played, he did his usual quality job. but with four starters injured (harris, lee, hayes, yi) during most of this losing streak as well as having the bare minimum of players ready to suit up (eight) for so many games, he was pretty much doomed. even the greatest head coach alive would have been fortunate to coax a victory or two out of that situation.

i know one thing: if frank continues to coach at the level he does then i'll be a fan of his for life.

so i expect to have another team to root for pretty soon since frank should be a head coach again by the offseason at the latest. this seems pretty clear to me since the writers and league people have repeatedly indicated it.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #20
PolishHammer13
I airball my layups

PolishHammer13 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Jerry Sloan.

Oh yea.
PolishHammer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #21
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

He's the scapegoat. You look at the Nets roster who do they really have? D. Harris is just a slasher, he can't slash forever.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #22
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
He's the scapegoat. You look at the Nets roster who do they really have? D. Harris is just a slasher, he can't slash forever.

That's what they said about Dexter.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #23
MELOgamaniac
High school junior varsity star

MELOgamaniac has an OK reputation so far

only person holding them back from 0-17 start
MELOgamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #24
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

I've never been a fan of this guy, but I do believe there is no point firing him early in this season? His contract expires in 2010, so he will be gone anyway.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #25
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Very sad 2 see Frank go, i think frank is a great coach,and will find a job quickly but ty frank 4 the 6 years u were with the nets.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #26
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A little ironic that he was fired on a 16 game losing streak, given that as soon as he was hired his team won 10 straight games.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:47 AM   #27
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
A little ironic that he was fired on a 16 game losing streak, given that as soon as he was hired his team won 10 straight games.
actually he won more than that, setting the all-time record for consecutive wins by a new coach in major NA sports.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:51 AM   #28
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

Nets can fire players so they sacked their coach.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:36 AM   #29
Nickel06
Kids at the park dunk on me

Nickel06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred

In the offseason, I bet they go after JVG or an established head coach, so as to attract the big names in free agency.

JVG wouldnt be a bad choice but i guarantee u that the new owner, will be bringing in a European coach. i heard right when he came into the headlines, that he would keep Frank around for a year maybe 2, but after that he would steal whoever Europe's top coach was. I think they said some Italian League coach. So u can all forget about whatever big name in the NBA right now, cause ownership is gonna go in an entirely different direction.
Nickel06 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: