Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-30-2006, 02:37 PM   #196
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Then how was he able to get 270 yards on them? A great D vs. an inexperienced QB usually spells disaster. What happenned?

The Dallas OL finally showed up and did a good job protecting and run blocking. Peppers played last night? Oh nevermind Columbo looked like a pro bowl RT last night vs him. Dallas defense played great as well. Contained Steve Smith thier play threat and shut down the run. Carolina didnt even look to it much. Romo got 270 because that OL came together when the odds were stacked against them. Any given Sunday, Dallas played a great game, Carolina played an average game.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #197
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You're not right. Newman isnt a top 5 CB.
Name 5 better and Ill start by telling you that d. Hall damn sure isnt better than him. Ill give you bailey but aside from that i just cant see anyone. This is twice in a row that he has shut down smith btw...
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:41 PM   #198
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
He has 70 rushing attempts so far in 7gms. That is 10 attempts rush per game. Even IF he avg 5.0 yards per carry he would only get 50yds a game. Which would be 350 total yards which is only 140 more yards (spread out over7gms) than he has now which is 212. Meanwhile the guy who is the featured RB Duece McCalister has 96 rushing attempts for 455yds at 4.7ypc. He is the rushing threat because Reggie Bush is USED as a reciver more than a runningback. Sean Payton is all about mismatches and getting his skilled players on the field to make plays. He has designed plays for Reggie Bush was a reciever. Reggie Bush leads all Saints RECIEVERS in catches.

But ehhh Reggie Bush is overrated, hanging around "Bust" territory while your #1 pick Mario Williams is doing what?

I never knocked on his receiving, thats why my whole post was emphasized on his rushing. Our 6th round pick, Wali Lundy has 54 rushing attempts, and 266yds with 4.9ypc. That's better than Reggie's rushing numbers and he did it with less attempts. I don't care what you say, the texans late round pick has been looking better rushing the ball.

And Mario Williams started off looking like crap, but these past games he has been looking better each time. 3.5 sacks in 4 games is good with me. Nobody said he was going to come out and dominate on defense right away. Is he worthy of the #1 Pick? Its too early to say. But if in 5 years, Bush starts looking like the player everybody hyped him up to be and Mario amounts to nothing, then I'll shut my mouth. Until then, everything is still up in the air.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:49 PM   #199
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Gobb you are underrating Romo's contributions. The guy came out and played great. His only bad pass was the one intercepted and that was due to the pass rush as he was going down. I don't necessarily think that Dallas was that much more dominate on their Oline as it was Romo getting the ball our quicker, buying more time, and making quicker reads.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:21 PM   #200
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Name 5 better and Ill start by telling you that d. Hall damn sure isnt better than him. Ill give you bailey but aside from that i just cant see anyone. This is twice in a row that he has shut down smith btw...

6 catches for 55yds is shutting down? :confused:

Quote:
Gobb you are underrating Romo's contributions. The guy came out and played great. His only bad pass was the one intercepted and that was due to the pass rush as he was going down. I don't necessarily think that Dallas was that much more dominate on their Oline as it was Romo getting the ball our quicker, buying more time, and making quicker reads.

You're just overrating them.

Quote:
I never knocked on his receiving, thats why my whole post was emphasized on his rushing.

And I explained why his rushing is what it is. Sean Payton is not going to bench Duece McCalister to give Reggie Bush all his attempts just to prove to you whether he can run or not. Try acknowledge hos Bush is used and maybe just maybe you wont keep talkin nonsense about rushing. Guy avg 10 rush attempts per carry.

Quote:
Our 6th round pick, Wali Lundy has 54 rushing attempts, and 266yds with 4.9ypc. That's better than Reggie's rushing numbers and he did it with less attempts. I don't care what you say, the texans late round pick has been looking better rushing the ball.

You dont care what anyone says. Damn joke. Houston is using Wali different than Reggie Bush is being used. But continue overlookin that.

Quote:
And Mario Williams started off looking like crap, but these past games he has been looking better each time. 3.5 sacks in 4 games is good with me. Nobody said he was going to come out and dominate on defense right away. Is he worthy of the #1 Pick? Its too early to say. But if in 5 years, Bush starts looking like the player everybody hyped him up to be and Mario amounts to nothing, then I'll shut my mouth. Until then, everything is still up in the air.

Still up in the air for Mario? Funny. Nobody said he was going to come in and dominate right? Uhh ok. :rollingeyes:
Old 10-30-2006, 05:29 PM   #201
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Champ Bailey
Rashean Mathis
Chris McAlister
Nate Clements
N.Vasher
R.Barber
D.Hall
Old 10-30-2006, 05:34 PM   #202
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Champ Bailey
Rashean Mathis
Chris McAlister
Nate Clements
N.Vasher
R.Barber
D.Hall
I said Ill give you champ, they are the two best thats fine but you are reaching like hell with some of the others especially deangelo he isnt close. He is SO overrated its not even funny, hes deltha Oneal with more hype. Barber is great so i dont mind him on the list but other than that, none of the other guys are even that close to Newman.

Last edited by raiderfan19 : 10-30-2006 at 05:36 PM.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:57 PM   #203
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
I said Ill give you champ, they are the two best thats fine but you are reaching like hell with some of the others especially deangelo he isnt close. He is SO overrated its not even funny, hes deltha Oneal with more hype. Barber is great so i dont mind him on the list but other than that, none of the other guys are even that close to Newman.

But they are to most people. You can be in the small % who feels that way about Newman. Its ok. And D.Hall is only overrated if you think he is the best CB in the game. But top 5? No, you're confusing overhyped with overrated.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:59 PM   #204
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Champ Bailey
Rashean Mathis
Chris McAlister
Nate Clements
N.Vasher
R.Barber
D.Hall

Winfield
Springs
Trufant (IMO)

anyone wanna talk about tonights game? GO VIKES!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:01 PM   #205
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Winfield
Springs
Trufant

Exactly
Old 10-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #206
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Al Harris
Deltha Oneal
Dre Bly

should I go on? Newman is an average number 1 CB IMO.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:30 PM   #207
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
none of the other guys are even that close to Newman.

Oh lord.. are we going to go through this again? There isn't a single thing Terrence Newman does better than Chris McAlister. Not man-to-man. Not zone. Not bump-and-run. Not coverage skills. Not recovery skills. Cmac owns him in every aspect of the CB position.

So Newman hasn't been scored on in awhile. Big deal. Chris McAlister has been keeping guys out of the endzone for far longer, and better at it too.
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:33 PM   #208
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

My apologies Dre Bly is a stretch. But give me Lito Sheppard over him too.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:46 PM   #209
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation
Default Reply

Newman for sure is not the top CB in the league, he's not even top 3. Top 5? Maybe but only at #5 at best. You can put in a handful of CBs at that spot, after #4, nothing really stands out with the rest.

1. Champ Bailey

2. Chris McCallister
3. Rashean Mathis
4. Deangelo Hall (call him overrated/overhyped or whatever but bottom line is, he gets INTs)
5. Newman, Clements, Winfield, etc.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:03 PM   #210
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

I got NE tonight.

Ya'll will see the best running back out of this past draft, Maroney.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: