Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 11-30-2009, 01:57 AM   #1
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default I hate people that...

go out to the courts and think that this is the damn NBA. i play in leagues and i play at parks i know if i'm up at the park and the ball grazes someone's foot i'm not gonna call a kick. i know if i'm driving and i get a little soft foul, someone sticks a hand in my way i'm not gonna be crying for a foul. pretty much if i get smacked, am on the ground or am bleeding i call a foul. seriously i was waiting for this damn kid to call a 3 second in the post, *****ing about moving screens, fouls, kick balls,
if you are gonna bitch about everything about the game, don't ruin it for everyone else, we know we are never making the NBA, just have some damn fun.

sorry had to vent
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:06 AM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I hate people that...

i used to play with a kid like that

he called over the back on me once and i flipped out, i ran at him to knock his ass out but i was held back
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
i used to play with a kid like that

he called over the back on me once and i flipped out, i ran at him to knock his ass out but i was held back

over the back is gay. it's tall lazy people that can't box out. Calling touch fouls makes you a b!tch, but if you are constantly reaching over the back because you suck @ boxing out, then you are the b!tch. It's a pick up game, but if you are playing with skilled people, play it right. If you are playing with people that carry, travel, drop their shoulder on drives, hack excessively then why bother?
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Reminds of a game I played in last month. There is like this dude that everyone is afraid of(IDK why) who called a travel on me. I did travel so I didnt care.

Then he started calling everything imaginable. Everything. You know what I did? I blocked three of his shots in a row, picked him clean a couple of times and hit two threes in his grill. After that, he was not playing referee anymore.

I was this [X] close to ripping his face off though. I dont see why people have to do that all the time. Anytime things arent going their way, they like pickup the rule book and start calling some ghost fouls and violations.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Yea I see a guy like this every now and then... but not for a while actually. This dude ran right into me once when going up for a layup... dude was like 5'6 and he called a foul. I was pissed... I threw the ball across the court. If you are a little **** (well anybody really), don't be going in the lane creating all the contact and calling a foul to bail you out (he missed the shot btw).

I see so many travels tho... I just call them from the sidelines unless it's game point or something... then I call it in game... Or if it just straight horrible
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
ivienthol
I airball my layups

ivienthol has an OK reputation so far

I don't really mind retards that think they're playing pro and calling stupid stuff. Those people usually aren't that good anyway. Plus it's fun to call stupid **** on those people in return.

But luckily at my gym it's a rarity you'll get those noobs. I remember someone calling a 3 second once and everyone started laughing . Never saw that kid again except in a city league game.
ivienthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #7
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

all games are the same

you start a game, then there's always the first guy that calls something, then everyone b*tches at the dude: "you gwan call a foul bro? this here is streetball, ain't no fouls on the pavement"

and that basically opens up the floodgates, fouls called on every possession like dudes are f*cking dwade, getting 35 free throws a quarter

there's basically two scenarios i see when i play ball:

foul-fest, dudes call everything

or

nothing is called AT ALL and you just play, dude gets smacked around, taps the guy on the butt says good play and gets back on d

there's no middle ground, there's no one or two fouls called in a streetball game, it's either all or nothing
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
LevisJeans
Underdog

LevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected poster

When I play, only the obvious fouls are called. I don't remember the last time I got called a pussy for calling a foul when I got shoved when I went up for a jumpshot.
LevisJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #9
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This bothers me too, but its also really annoying when people have zero regard for the rules and constantly foul, double dribble, etc....
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
LevisJeans
Underdog

LevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected poster

Personally, I play streetball as if there is a ref watching me. If I travel and the other team doesn't notice, I'll call it myself.
LevisJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #11
e's Nikees
I brick open layups

e's Nikees has decent reputation

There's this guy in my local gym who has a reputation of controlling the game with bad calls. Every wednsday mornings we play ball in the gym and he's going to get his calls when ever the game is close. What you do is try to blow his team out so even if he makes bad calls the game is out of reach already anyway.
e's Nikees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #12
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by e's Nikees
There's this guy in my local gym who has a reputation of controlling the game with bad calls. Every wednsday mornings we play ball in the gym and he's going to get his calls when ever the game is close. What you do is try to blow his team out so even if he makes bad calls the game is out of reach already anyway.

We had a guy like that. Basically, we got tired of it and threw his ass out. I swear, this 40 year old white guy just berated him on the court and he walked out embarrassed. I cant believe that grown men cannot just play a game without calling BS. Before he left, every time it was game point, we did something wrong. Either its a travel, offensive foul, doubles, and on defense any contact will be called a foul by him. I brushed my hand against his side and he threw up a shot yelling foul. Everyone just looked at him and said "WTF!!??" That's when that dude snapped.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:14 PM   #13
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You know who I hate more, people who do **** on purpose or inadvertently but still don't call shit. If you know you fouled, call it bitch.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:33 AM   #14
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i call out things when i see them

if someone is doing a moving screen iam gonna call it same with traveling,doubledribble,catching your own airball,hitting the top of the backboard is a out all those are a call for me

fouls depend if you get touched on your forearm slap on your hand stuff like that is a no call

pushing people over ,hittting them in the head is a foul no free throws though we just take it out
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #15
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
all games are the same

you start a game, then there's always the first guy that calls something, then everyone b*tches at the dude: "you gwan call a foul bro? this here is streetball, ain't no fouls on the pavement"

and that basically opens up the floodgates, fouls called on every possession like dudes are f*cking dwade, getting 35 free throws a quarter

there's basically two scenarios i see when i play ball:

foul-fest, dudes call everything

or

nothing is called AT ALL and you just play, dude gets smacked around, taps the guy on the butt says good play and gets back on d

there's no middle ground, there's no one or two fouls called in a streetball game, it's either all or nothing

yeah now that you mention it thats pretty much it around here too
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: