Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 11-30-2009, 03:24 AM   #1
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people
Default Clippers Fans

Well since the NBA has been advertising their voting on NBA.com for the All Decade stuff, me being the huge Basketball/NBA fanatic/junkie that I am, got to thinking about All Time Teams for each franchise. Obviously some franchises have a longer history and tradition of top notch players than others, but it's still fun to see who would be the consensus All Franchise Teams going back to the very first NBA season to the present. I thought it might be a cool idea if I went to each team's forums and asked the fans of that team themselves who they felt were their favorite team's All Franchise Team. Once the All Franchise Team's were chosen, maybe we could post them on the main forum and it would be cool/interesting to see who have been the greatest players in a franchise's history according to the good fans of Insidehoops.com, and not some bigwig ESPN/media "experts" who rarely know what they're talking about anyways. So without further interruption, here's a list of players I've come up with to get this discussion going. Feel free to add others that I may have missed. You could choose five players based on each position, or just the five best players in general. So here we go:

Bill Walton
Bob McAdoo
Elton Brand
Randy Smith
Adrian Dantley
Dominique Wilkins
Ron Harper
World B. Free
Bob Kauffman
Terry Cummings
Elmore Smith
Danny Manning

Don't know if this has been done before or not, but I hadn't seen anything like this on ISH before. Hopefully we can get some cool results!

Last edited by raptorfan_dr07 : 11-30-2009 at 05:06 AM.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
eemas91
Kids at the park dunk on me

eemas91 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Clippers Fans

unfortunately i am way too young to recognize a lot of those names
eemas91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Ron Harper
Randy Smith
Adrian Dantley
Elton Brand
Bob McAdoo

Those are my picks.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:32 AM   #4
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

sadly, I too, am unfamiliar with the history of the Clipps..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #5
bd#1pguard
High School Varsity 12th Man

bd#1pguard is considered somewhat coolbd#1pguard is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
sadly, I too, am unfamiliar with the history of the Clipps..

exactly
bd#1pguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #6
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, I don't know much besides what I have read, but it seems like Bob McAdoo is the greatest in franchise history. Sam Cassell deserves a mention as well.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:06 AM   #7
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

I looked at the list and kept saying to myself "He didn't play for the Clippers"
Even after Buffalo came to mind. I was a big Adrian Dantley fan when he played for the Lakers.....I didn't remember he played his rookie season with Buffalo. Most of the listed players are much better known for their play with other teams. It's stramge that Tom Chambers was left off the list.....not to mention Lamar Odom. I go WAY BACK and I didn't remember Bob Kauffman at all, I found out he only had 3 good years and made the all star team all 3, the other 4 years of his 7 year career were bad.
Bill Walton was an injured "Bust". Dominique was at the end.

The Clippers have only had 8 players selected to the All Star Team and a total of 16 appearances.

Man, to be perfectly honest, that list made me sad for the Clipper Fans...no joke.

I'm curious as to how Clippers fans feel about sharing an arena with the Lakers.....good or bad? I thought it was a horrible idea from day one.

My comments & questions are sincere, I'm not on here trolling for laughs or anything negative.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Bill Walton
World B. Free
Bob McAdoo
Danny Manning
Ron Harper

would be my top 5, Nique was too much at the end of his career when he was here or else Id put him on there too
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:22 AM   #9
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Any list without Quentin Richardson is phailtacular.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: