Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: will all verbal fellating records be broken by the media after Favre wins MVP?

Carbine, you just knew there was no way MVP of the NFL would be discussed and Manning not be included. I'm not saying nothing in your post wasnt accurate but it just reads "...dont forget peyton manning please.".

And Favre winning mvp right now is laughable. I wasnt aware he was the only dude having a great season. This adds on my dislike of the guy who gets so much damn attention its disgusting. Jay Cutler and Tony Romo play just like Brett Favre...those two easily can be criticized but Favre? He's awesome.

Now that said dude is having a nice year. No matter how I feel about the guy or his attention givers. He's ballin hard. But the Vikes were good without him. He damn sure wasnt having an MVP season in Jet green.

For me, Drew Brees is leading the MVP race. And Rasheed made an excellant point. Its still alot of football to be played. Lookin forward to tonight MNF game. Thats a first.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:54 PM   #17
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: will all verbal fellating records be broken by the media after Favre wins MVP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Carbine, you just knew there was no way MVP of the NFL would be discussed and Manning not be included. I'm not saying nothing in your post wasnt accurate but it just reads "...dont forget peyton manning please.".

And Favre winning mvp right now is laughable. I wasnt aware he was the only dude having a great season. This adds on my dislike of the guy who gets so much damn attention its disgusting. Jay Cutler and Tony Romo play just like Brett Favre...those two easily can be criticized but Favre? He's awesome.

Now that said dude is having a nice year. No matter how I feel about the guy or his attention givers. He's ballin hard. But the Vikes were good without him. He damn sure wasnt having an MVP season in Jet green.

For me, Drew Brees is leading the MVP race. And Rasheed made an excellant point. Its still alot of football to be played. Lookin forward to tonight MNF game. Thats a first.
If the Titans weren't so terrible, Chris Johnson would be running away with the award (quite literally). Unfortunately, it can never go to a guy on a bad team.

He has been the best player this year, though... And it isn't close.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
If the Titans weren't so terrible, Chris Johnson would be running away with the award (quite literally). Unfortunately, it can never go to a guy on a bad team.

He has been the best player this year, though... And it isn't close.

Heck i laughed when Titans reached for him. Looks like the egg is on my face. Didnt think he was capable of becoming a featured RB beast as he has. But really, what tough run defenses has he faced? I know you can only run all over whats in front of you. But eh, dunno if i agrew with best player this year. But I wont deny its not arguable. I mean if you face the Titans you know they are gonna run. And 8 in the box isnt workin.

I'm just loving Brees right now and while not a popular position/side of the ball where best player in the NFL seems to hang. Jared Allen is just a terror.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #19
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I don't have a problem with Brees winning it, but if this award is who the most valuable player is to their teams success this year, myself and everyone else can make a more convincing argument for Manning.

It's why he won it last year. He didn't have the GREAT numbers, but the voters deemed him the most valuable to his team. It's the same thing this year except:

1) Peyton is playing better than last year.
2) His team is undefeated.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #20
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

unless something drastic happens there will be co-MVPs this year...

-Peyton
-Brees
-Favre

^^^ the two on the best two teams

I don't see how only one player could get it right now...unless somehow two of those teams lose 3-4 of their remaining games...

I guess there could even be a 3-way co-MVP with all of them...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #21
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Co-MVP are cop out, pick one and stick with it.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #22
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Co-MVP are cop out, pick one and stick with it.
it will happen I bet...

I guess if only one of the teams goes undeafeted it could leave the other two out...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #23
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
it will happen I bet...

I guess if only one of the teams goes undeafeted it could leave the other two out...

how many votes determine the mvp? if it's like the nba, it's highly unlikely there will be co-mvps.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #24
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
You forgot about Drew Brees & the Saints

I did forget him. Yeah Brees is up there as well, and I definitely agree with the poster that mentioned Chris Johnson. If only the Titans had a better record........

PS:

LOL @ Carbine arguing that Favre should of had more Int's and Manning should of had less. Those things tend to even out in the end you fcking homer.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #25
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

They don't even out in a 11 game period.

I've seen every throw Peyton has made this year and he virtually has NO throws that hit defenders in the hands that WEREN'T intercepted....whereas Favre has had a few passes hit defenders in the hand that didn't get intercepted.

And really, two of Favres three picks weren't his fault...one was a tipped ball, the other was that screen pass that the Steelers picked off that went right off Taylors hands and into the defenders hands.

That's the thing, why should we discredit Favre for those two throws? We shouldn't, because they weren't his fault.... but at the same time, when he makes a bad throw that doesn't get intercepted (and thus doesn't go on his stat sheet for int's) I'm not going to ignore it and say "look at the stats!" because it's foolish. A bad throw is a bad throw.....

Peyton "should" have about five or six interceptions this year (because they were either bad throws or bad reads) and Favre "should" have 4.

Not that big of a difference now, is it? Clearly not the difference that Favres 3 interceptions to Mannings 11 would indicate.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #26
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
when he makes a bad throw that doesn't get intercepted (and thus doesn't go on his stat sheet for int's) I'm not going to ignore it and say "look at the stats!" because it's foolish. A bad throw is a bad throw.....

Like Culpepper in his Minny days.

Question. How much fault is placed on a QB who plays behind a crappy o-line yet has a ton of interceptions (Cutler)? He's doesn't have the luxury of making even past a 2 step drop to get the ball out of his hands most of the time.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #27
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Heck i laughed when Titans reached for him. Looks like the egg is on my face. Didnt think he was capable of becoming a featured RB beast as he has. But really, what tough run defenses has he faced? I know you can only run all over whats in front of you. But eh, dunno if i agrew with best player this year. But I wont deny its not arguable. I mean if you face the Titans you know they are gonna run. And 8 in the box isnt workin.

I'm just loving Brees right now and while not a popular position/side of the ball where best player in the NFL seems to hang. Jared Allen is just a terror.
The draft thread for that year featured a lot of WTF?! How can you pass on Limas Sweed comments.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #28
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Like Culpepper in his Minny days.

Question. How much fault is placed on a QB who plays behind a crappy o-line yet has a ton of interceptions (Cutler)? He's doesn't have the luxury of making even past a 2 step drop to get the ball out of his hands most of the time.

Well, to be fair... Cutler has thrown some really, really bad passes. Have there been a few that weren't his fault? Of course, and people will make a big deal of his 20 interceptions, but he doesn't have the luxury of standing behind a great line or throwing to great receivers.

Fans generally put too much into his high interceptions, though. But some of those passes... man, you just shake your head.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: