Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 10-29-2006, 01:22 PM   #1
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

littlespyda has an OK reputation so far
Default will i stunt my growth?

im 11 years old and i bought air alert. im 4'10''. some guy on here keeps telling me ill stunt my growth. will i?
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:32 PM   #2
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

I don't know why you made a thread about this. You will, what makes you defy the laws of physics and nature of the human body? Are you super kid who is all grown up at the age of eleven? Do you have super growth plates? No you don't. Why can't you wait a couple of years before you do this? Like I said before your legs naturally get stronger with excercise as you mature and your vertical will increase as a result. So by doing nothing exceot dieting well and staying active for a couple years, you can increase you vertical 4+ inches without risking damage. I don't see why you would risk it at 11, there is NO reason too. You are 4'9, you are underdeveloped, wait it out.

Taken from my original thread

11, five, either way your just a little kid. If you are actually trying Air Alert, and following every set exactly as it states with the correct form you will damage your growth plates because that will be far too strenuous on your undeveloped legs. (EG: Doing 800 burnouts correctly, in one day, will have about a 50% chance of straining your growth plates). What exactly makes you an exception to this? What have you said to back up your statements? Do you even know what a growth plate is? No you don't, because you are 11 and probably being told by a fellow "friend" that you will be able to dunk if you do Air Alert. Well, not only will you not being able to dunk after doing this program, you will never be able to dunk in your lifetime because your legs will never develop.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:36 PM   #3
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Oh also, I just realized you said you are on week 5 of Air alert and increased your vertical from 15, to 16.25 (how the hell can you tell to that decimal is beyond me). That's horrible, if you would just wait a couple years, your legs will be able to get easier gains of about an inch a week not an inch over 5 weeks.

There is just really no point to doing it when your eleven, not one reason you should.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #4
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

Dear kid hater,

i said it was 14'' and the book says you dont get most of your gains until the end of the 8th week. i dont know why you keep hatin' but do yourself a favor and never have kids of your own! is your problem!
Old 10-29-2006, 03:04 PM   #5
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

ive been looking on the web at different forums on different sites and seeing things that people have asked like will exercising and weight lifting stunt my growth? and guess what everybody said no. so it's official your a KID HATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 03:47 PM   #6
Trickz_1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Trickz_1 has an OK reputation so far

Ok im getting a little tired of this now. If you want to do it thats ok, go ahead and do it. Stop posting that XxNeXuSxX is a kid hater because hes not. He was trying to help you out, stop throwing his help back in his face.
Im sure he spent a while writing up all that information just for you, and all u do is disrespect what he has put and say its all untrue, like hes just made it up.

If you dont feed a baby enough calcium when they are young, there bones arnt strong enough for the ever increasing weight that babies gain. Which means as they get older they walk with both feet pointing inwards (pigeon toed) because the bones have weakened and have not developed properly.

This is just like what you are saying. Puperty is a stage where your body grows more that ever, and you would not have hit puperty yet, or if you have your not far into it. By doing dunk programmes your muscels in your legs will not grow properly because of the constant force you are putting on them by jumping. Which means the growth that your muscels undertake is stopped due to you doing aa or any kind of dunk programme.
Trickz_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:26 PM   #7
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickz_1
Ok im getting a little tired of this now. If you want to do it thats ok, go ahead and do it. Stop posting that XxNeXuSxX is a kid hater because hes not. He was trying to help you out, stop throwing his help back in his face.
Im sure he spent a while writing up all that information just for you, and all u do is disrespect what he has put and say its all untrue, like hes just made it up.

If you dont feed a baby enough calcium when they are young, there bones arnt strong enough for the ever increasing weight that babies gain. Which means as they get older they walk with both feet pointing inwards (pigeon toed) because the bones have weakened and have not developed properly.

This is just like what you are saying. Puperty is a stage where your body grows more that ever, and you would not have hit puperty yet, or if you have your not far into it. By doing dunk programmes your muscels in your legs will not grow properly because of the constant force you are putting on them by jumping. Which means the growth that your muscels undertake is stopped due to you doing aa or any kind of dunk programme.
im getting tired of it too. what he dont understand is im almost half way through the program. so im gonna keep doing it.(and dont think of "doing it" as something else all you perverts out there). and i have kind of hit puberty but i wont talk about because that's not what this site is about. ill stop calling him a kid hater because i dont think im gonna keep replying to him anyways. and ive looked on the net and everybody says it wont stunt your growth so that's why im throwing it back at him.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:35 PM   #8
ALlArOuNDPIaya
Rational on Kobe

ALlArOuNDPIaya has an OK reputation so far

11 year old Kobe groupie, no surprise there.

And yes, you will stunt your growth doing that.
ALlArOuNDPIaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:51 PM   #9
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

I can't believe I have to keep doing this...

Quote:
i said it was 14'' and the book says you dont get most of your gains until the end of the 8th week. i dont know why you keep hatin' but do yourself a favor and never have kids of your own! is your problem!
One, stop making retarded comments about my life. They aren't funny, true, or even witty.

Two, I'm looking at the book and it says nothing about week 8 being "where you get true gains". In fact, you won't have much of a change suddenly on week 8. I can speak for this seeing as I did the whole program, twice.

Quote:
ive been looking on the web at different forums on different sites and seeing things that people have asked like will exercising and weight lifting stunt my growth? and guess what everybody said no. so it's official your a KID HATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What the hell? Kid, you are just supporting my post back in the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
I can tell you first off, there is nothing wrong with weight training when you are still growing as long as you stay away from your 1 rep maxes, because that would be too much stress for your muscles. So other than that, feel free to continue weight training.

You need to learn to read to understand. I am telling you to look for alternate things to stay healthy other than intensified plyometrics UNTIL your legs develope, get this into your head. I suggested and still am suggesting that you excercise and can look into light weight training to stay healthy and naturally increase your vertical jump.

Quote:
and guess what everybody said no.
Then they agree with me, your point?
Quote:
so it's official your a KID HATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
im getting tired of it too. what he dont understand is im almost half way through the program.

No, you don't understand. You said you are going into week 5. The program is 15 weeks.

5/15= 1/3. You are nearly done with a third of the program, there is still plenty of time to save yourself without damaging your growth permanantly.

Quote:
so im gonna keep doing it.
That's up to you (although it shouldn't be, as you should consult to a trainer or at least an adult that knows what he is talking about). But I'm telling you right now, you will look back on what you did and you are going to wonder why you stopped growing at 14 while all the kids around you are going to keep growing until their late teens.

Quote:
(and dont think of "doing it" as something else all you perverts out there).

...This is a joke, right?

Quote:
ill stop calling him a kid hater because i dont think im gonna keep replying to him anyways.
This would make you stop looking so ignorant, good decision.

Quote:
and ive looked on the net and everybody says it wont stunt your growth so that's why im throwing it back at him.

Oh really? Let's see some links then, because I know this is a lie kid, stop.

Unless you are referring to the weights again, which I already endorse, so I don't see where you are going with it.

Kid, why don't you understand is my question, do you even read my posts? Perhaps I am writing at too high of a level (I'm writing at about 7th grade level here....) Are you having trouble understanding what I am trying to say? Do you realize you are putting yourself in imminent danger?
Old 10-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #10
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

Okay when will my legs be developed? And why do you think I'm stupid? I am really tired of you. And even if I stopped growing by 15 boys have there growth spurts at 13 or 14.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:29 PM   #11
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlespyda
Okay when will my legs be developed?
It's different for everyone, but definitely after your 14 or 15, at that(repeats again) time they would be able to handle more intense activities like AAIV

Quote:
And why do you think I'm stupid?
I don't think your stupid for your age, but you aren't looking at the basic principals of the matter and you are completely ignoring the facts. It seems like you just aren't reading to comprehension.

Quote:
I am really tired of you. And even if I stopped growing by 15 boys have there growth spurts at 13 or 14.

You are missing the point(Albeit the misquote), when you damage your growth plates, they are beyond repair, there is nothing you can do to change it. You may be walking around in 10 years with horrible knees because of this, or you may simply be 11 inches shorther than you should. Either way, it's not worth the risk to take, so I have no idea while knowing these risks, you would continue.

I just want you to know this WILL happen to you if you continue Air Alert now.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #12
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

if i did stop doing air alert what could i do to keep gaining inches but not stunt my growth. like what exercises could i do and how many sets and reps could i do. i just think it would be so great to fly through the air like vc and lebron and kobe and j rich and im also kind of jealous of my friend who's the same height as me but can jump about 3 inches higher than me. i am considering stopping and maybe just finishing week 6. do you think i could go til the end of week 7 because week 8 is a rest week?
Old 10-29-2006, 09:02 PM   #13
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

try skipping rope. 20 minuites mourning , and night...you prob cant handle it though its a lot tougher then it sounds
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:07 PM   #14
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

thanx
Old 10-30-2006, 06:11 AM   #15
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Just quit the program. Like Nexus said you'll mess up your legs real bad, and you're only doing it because you want to dunk. You don't have to dunk to be a good bball player? How many other 11 year olds do you see dunking? None. Wait till you get naturally tall enough instead of messing up your growthplates. You'll get there eventually, but this will mess up your growth plates and those things don't exactly recover... Quit this program while you're ahead.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: