Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 10-30-2006, 08:44 AM   #16
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

littlespyda has an OK reputation so far

yeah. i think im gonna stop after week 7 because week 8 is the rest week. so does anybody have any exercises or sites that has good exercises for vert and even speed. another reason why i got air alert is because it helps you be faster to. im not very fast for a point guard which is the position i play.
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:48 PM   #17
Trickz_1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Trickz_1 has an OK reputation so far

Il try and post a site on here soon for a point guard but i cant remember where i got it from. Il do some research for you because i play in that position aswell.
Trickz_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:09 PM   #18
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

thanx man
Old 10-30-2006, 05:30 PM   #19
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

serously skipping works...i went to this bball tourni (taste of asia maybe some of u hear of it) and mitch wiggins (ex nba player) n his sons were there....i asked for some advice, and how he trains his kid....he told me skipping 20 minuits mourning n night 2 weeks any height you'll be able to dunk
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:24 PM   #20
Charged

Charged has an OK reputation so far

First, you will not stunt your growth, its been scientifically proven. The only thing that can stunt your growth is lack of food. If anything the exercise will make you taller due to being in an anabolic state. ITS BODYWEIGHT how the **** is this gonna mess his growth plates? do you even know what the hell they are?

....he told me skipping 20 minuits mourning n night 2 weeks any height you'll be able to dunk

You are a retard.
Charged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:05 PM   #21
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

First, of all, who the hell are you? You come in here with one post and call other people 'dumbasses'. (Not posting on your real name? Coward.) How old are you, another 10 year old. Nothing you said is even close to be factually correct in any way possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged
First, you will not stunt your growth, its been scientifically proven.

Oh really? Conviently you don't back this "scientfically proven" claim up with anything. So how the hell is anyone supposed to believe you? Oh I know! It's because you are WRONG. Look, i'll help you, I'll quote sports trainer Elizabeth Quinn basically showing you are a dumbass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn
The growth plate (physis) is the area of developing tissue near the end of the long bones in children. Each long bone has at least one growth plates at each end. When growth is complete during adolescence, the growth plates are replaced by solid bone.

These injuries occur in children and adolescents. The growth plate is the weakest area of the growing skeletonso a serious injury to a joint is more likely to damage a growth plate than the ligaments around it. An injury that would cause a sprain in an adult can be a potentially serious growth plate injury in a young child.

Most injuries to the growth plate are fractures. They are twice as common in boys.
Quote:
These injuries also occur frequently in the lower bones of the leg: the tibia and fibula. They can also occur in the upper leg bone (femur) or in the ankle, foot, or hip bone.

Quote:
Causes
While growth plate injuries can be caused by an acute event, such as a fall or a blow to the body, they are also from overuse. Children who participate in vigirous excercise actvities or even just athletic activity.

Untreated injuries can cause permanent damage and interfere with proper physical growth.

Can you read the last part, it's key. And this is just a tiny piece of the infomration I can back up.
Quote:
The only thing that can stunt your growth is lack of food.

Uh, sure, no food at all will probably hurt your growth, but this has nothing to do with growth plates though you idiot.

Quote:
If anything the exercise will make you taller due to being in an anabolic state.
Well you sure just pulled that directly out of your ass. Do you know what an "anabolic state" is? It's excercising with a proper diet, and the state itself promotes muscle growth. So wrong again.

Quote:
ITS BODYWEIGHT how the **** is this gonna mess his growth plates? do you even know what the hell they are?
Yes, but apparently you don't. Oo bodyweight, so maybe if I jump off a building and land on the ground it won't hurt me because, after all, it's just my body weight.

Quote:
You are a retard.

No, it seems like you are the retard sir 1 post.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:58 AM   #22
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

thanx but can you give me some exercises?
Old 10-31-2006, 01:08 PM   #23
Charged

Quote a real strength trainer, Joe Defranco, Eric Cressey, Mike Robertson.

Sitting on your butt stunts growth. Not eating stunts growth. Training aids growth of bones.The loads you put on the bones now forces them to become denser stronger store more calcium so in later years your well ahead.

Also, what the **** has my name got to do with it? Do you ****ing know me? NO, post your name not that it would ****ing matter because your a nobody. Jumping off a building? proves ur a dumbass, Running puts 5x your body weight on ur joints so kids shouldn't run?

Being anabolic is not only muscle growth, but tissue, organs and bone growth in younger people.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:48 PM   #24
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged
Sitting on your butt stunts growth. Not eating stunts growth. Training aids growth of bones.The loads you put on the bones now forces them to become denser stronger store more calcium so in later years your well ahead.
Uh, no. Did you even read the post by XxNeXuSxX???

Training at young age will cause damage to the growth plates. This is because they are not fully developed and cannot deal with excessive exercise at a young age.

Quote:
These injuries occur in children and adolescents. The growth plate is the weakest area of the growing skeletonso a serious injury to a joint is more likely to damage a growth plate than the ligaments around it. An injury that would cause a sprain in an adult can be a potentially serious growth plate injury in a young child.
Like it says there, an injury to the growth plate could be very dangerous and could damage the growth plates so bad that they prevent growing.

littlesypda - If your going to train now (even though I wouldn't advise it at all) do not push yourself too hard. The last thing you want is to be undersized, and with possible injuries due to excessive training that was not needed.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:34 PM   #25
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

i really want to keep doing and finish the program but i dont want to stunt my growth. like ive said i think it would be so great to do great dunks but im almost done with week 6 so i dont really want to stop.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:43 PM   #26
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's your decision, and even though I don't agree with it, I must except that, no matter what, you will keep doing the training.

How come you are so concerned with doin dunks at 11 anyway??? You can be a top player without dunking at all. And even if you can dunk in practice, I doubt you will be able to do it in game. It takes alot more effort to dunk in game, due to the fact you have been running round alot more and your legs will be tired.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:47 PM   #27
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

i know i wont be doing dunks at 11. there are alot of reasons why im doing this program and dunking right now for me is pretty much impossible. would this stunt my growth or not?
Old 10-31-2006, 04:54 PM   #28
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Maybe. If you push yourself too hard and overload your body with too much exercise then maybe, if not then you will most probably give yourself a serious injury that could prevent you from playing at all.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:59 PM   #29
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

okay

Last edited by littlespyda : 11-05-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:49 PM   #30
Charged

FFS Running puts 5x your bodyweight on ur joints, stop running as a kid? Stfu. I don't care what xx says hes wrong. I started training at 12 at 5 ft 4, im 17 and 6ft 4 now.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: