Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 10-31-2006, 07:27 PM   #31
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged
FFS Running puts 5x your bodyweight on ur joints, stop running as a kid? Stfu. I don't care what xx says hes wrong.
Never said that f*cktard, reread my post and refute it, you can't. If you don't agree with the facts, there is no helping you. Plus, do you have any idea how to backup anything you are saying? Because you haven't done it yet. If I'm so "wrong" why don't you have any proof? I know! It's because I'm not, you are.

Look I can pull statements out of my ass too, "if running puts 5x your bodyweight on your joints, jumping puts 75x your body weight."

Quote:
I started training at 12 at 5 ft 4, im 17 and 6ft 4 now.
Because you have been so reliable in the past How do I know you aren't 12 now?

Hey spyda, if you want to dunk ASAP, I do have a plan that can work for you to have a possible 24+ inch vertical for you before you even START Air Alert.

It all starts in the weight room. Right now you should be able to start leg presses, calf raises, calf pushes, leg curls, hammy curls etc. This will build up your base leg strength and will increase your vertical with no risk. I suggest you go to a local gym/sports complex/ymca etc and meet with a trainer. These trainer's will evaluate what you can do and give you from anywhere to a 10 week to a 30 week plan for safely increasing your leg strength.

On top of the weight training, I suggest staying below a 10% BF percentage. You can check this about anywhere. Anyway, you should run 1-2 miles a week, run sprints 6-7 times, and just play competitive basketball a lot. If you keep up these habits while maintaining a good diet, you will see your vertical skyrocket without even doing Air Alert!

In a couple years, I do suggest doing Air Alert to get the competitive edge and max out your vertical's potential. At that time, it would also be good to take Whey protein(If you are not allergic) after all your workouts, it will speed up your muscles revory time and yield larger results.

Ask me any questions dude I'll help you out, good luck.

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 10-31-2006 at 07:30 PM.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:02 PM   #32
Charged
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Lets look at AA shall we, There little things, nothing thats going to really damage bones, and runing puts more strain on your bones then jumping from the ground. So what your saying is kids shouldn't run because it will stunt your growth?

Also you have a 28inch vert? ROFL, and im suppost to listen to your bull****, dream on. 28 is pathetic.
Charged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:09 PM   #33
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Lets look at AA shall we, There little things, nothing thats going to really damage bones, and runing puts more strain on your bones then jumping from the ground. So what your saying is kids shouldn't run because it will stunt your growth?

Clearly you haven't done Air Alert, or if you have, done it correctly. Everything on that program(Except for calf raises) has wayy too many reps for the later weeks, it's been a known problem to give adults bad knees!

Quote:
Also you have a 28inch vert? ROFL, and im suppost to listen to your bull****, dream on. 28 is pathetic.

First of all, where the **** did you see that? (Pulled out of your ass again?) my vertical is over 30' for the record. Second, The average vertical of a college division one baller is around 24 1/2. So I really don't think you know what the f*ck you are talking about, AGAIN. And don't even try to tell me your vertical is more than 22, I won't believe you, since you won't back it up.

You really are a moron.

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 10-31-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:21 PM   #34
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Good decision, now maybe you will understand.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:50 PM   #35
Charged

I've been on AA and I improved my vert from 20 to 28. Good stuff, *****ING TOUGH AS HELL NEAR THE END. You nearly die.

rofl, nice work.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:01 PM   #36
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
I've been on AA and I improved my vert from 20 to 28. Good stuff, *****ING TOUGH AS HELL NEAR THE END. You nearly die.

rofl, nice work.

Yep, that was when I did AA in highschool 3 years ago, if you look at recent threads I have stated numerous times it's over 30. What about all the sh*t you ignore when I prove you wrong, you got nothign to say

Basically, you are owned kid, get outta here with your childish bullsh*t.

Edit: the kid logs off what a tool.

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 10-31-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:47 PM   #37
Charged

If i log of its because I have a life outside of my computer, sorry that you don't. You havn't proved me wrong, that stuff you posted was from a strength coach,i have never hurd of like I say, get somthing from Defranco, Robertson, Cressy. Not only strength coaches but joint experts, ta.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:19 PM   #38
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
If i log of its because I have a life outside of my computer, sorry that you don't.

Damn you got me! i didn't realize logging out for five minutes at a time was considered a "life though"

Quote:
You havn't proved me wrong, that stuff you posted was from a strength coach,i have never hurd of like I say, get somthing from Defranco, Robertson, Cressy. Not only strength coaches but joint experts, ta.

:rollingeyes: We are so convinced now. let's see some quotes, links, or ANYTHING AT All that backs this up, the burden of proof is on you white boy. Your one sentence posts are meaningless and wrong, stop posting bullsh*t without BACKING IT. Oh, and of course you forget to mention any of the other sh*t you were pulling out of your ass, you failed to address anything once I refuted it. Such as the retarded statement about verticals or when I called out your POS one. For someone who is 17, you should know not to talk about sh*t you can't back up. So:
1. You suck at Debating it seems, no big deal.
2. You are an arrogant dumbass.
3. Stop pulling statements out of your ass
4. Next time you post (If you ever do), just click the X on the browser if you aren't going to back up anything you are saying. It's pointless, it adds nothing to the message board, and could be misleading to the young (like the kids in here). So I dare you to backup SOMETHING, because your sh*t insults are worthless.

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 10-31-2006 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:42 PM   #39
Timbia Batuka

...somone is getting sonned in this thread, and they have less posts than me!

...thread starter, xxnex gvuy is right, there is a very high chance you will really hurt your growth and could even stunt it permanantly.
Timbia Batuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #40
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

i am really thinking about stopping after the rest week. i heard you also need upperbody strength for jumping if this is true would you recomend crunches and push ups and stuff? i think this week is the first one where i really gain a inch or so. yesterday i touched the gutter by my garage twice in a row. the gutter is 7'9'' and i usually touch around 7'7.5''. but remember my question.
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:48 AM   #41
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Damn you got me! i didn't realize logging out for five minutes at a time was considered a "life though"

:rollingeyes: We are so convinced now. let's see some quotes, links, or ANYTHING AT All that backs this up, the burden of proof is on you white boy. Your one sentence posts are meaningless and wrong, stop posting bullsh*t without BACKING IT. Oh, and of course you forget to mention any of the other sh*t you were pulling out of your ass, you failed to address anything once I refuted it. Such as the retarded statement about verticals or when I called out your POS one. For someone who is 17, you should know not to talk about sh*t you can't back up. So:
1. You suck at Debating it seems, no big deal.
2. You are an arrogant dumbass.
3. Stop pulling statements out of your ass
4. Next time you post (If you ever do), just click the X on the browser if you aren't going to back up anything you are saying. It's pointless, it adds nothing to the message board, and could be misleading to the young (like the kids in here). So I dare you to backup SOMETHING, because your sh*t insults are worthless.
haha burned go XxNeXuSxX
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:49 AM   #42
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlespyda
i am really thinking about stopping after the rest week. i heard you also need upperbody strength for jumping if this is true would you recomend crunches and push ups and stuff? i think this week is the first one where i really gain a inch or so. yesterday i touched the gutter by my garage twice in a row. the gutter is 7'9'' and i usually touch around 7'7.5''. but remember my question.
try taking up vollyball, it really helps a lot of ur vert(if ur coach is good and will teach you) and with all the spiking it can help ur blocking
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:20 PM   #43
hoopsididitagain
Got Some Game

Why someone would want to mess with there natural body growth is beyond me. You are only 11 years old, most boys your age haven't even reached puberty or even there major growth spurts. If you keep it up you are going to have some messed up legs and then see how your basketball career will go.
hoopsididitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:26 AM   #44
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

This is how much I've gained week by week:

Initial Measure (Beginning of Week 1) 14''
Second Measure (Beginning of week 2) 14.5''
Third Measure 15''
Fourth Measure 15.5''
Fifth Measure 15.75''
Sixth Measure 16.25''
Seventh Measure 16.75''

Since everybody is saying I'm going to stunt my growth I think I'm gonna start jumping rope, sprinting, and other lower body exercises and upper body exercises as well. My jumping goal is to touch an 8ft rim by the end of this year.

Here are my stats:
11 years old
4 feet 10 inches
82 lbs.
Standing reach: 6 feet 3.5 inches
Jump Touch: 7 feet 8.25 inches (one step)
Vertical Jump: 16.75 inches (average for my age height and weight:12 in.)

Last edited by littlespyda : 11-04-2006 at 01:31 AM.
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:56 AM   #45
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

You're 11 years old. You are worrying way to much about training. Just go out with your friends and play sports. No 11 year old should be weight training and doing programs to max their vert. Worry about this crap 5-7 years from now. I can't remember thinking about this stuff once when I was your age. Just forget about it for now and let your body develop.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: