Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 11-28-2009, 05:45 AM   #31
Apples
Banned

Apples has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sixers Appear Ready to Bring Back Iverson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Nah, Iverson was never one to be affected by the media. He's not going to go out of his way to prove a point to the haters. Dude's just gonna go out there and play his game.

Exactly, which is why I never understand the criticisms about him when it comes to basketball. He has and always will be the same player. His game hasn't changed much at all since he came into the league, so why should it suddenly be expected to change now? He's still very good and no one can say he ever took a play off.
Apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:34 AM   #32
NLZ
High School JV MVP

NLZ is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNLZ is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Does this make him a good fantasy option again?
NLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:55 AM   #33
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer

Honestly I'd love for the dude to come back and tear it up. It's incredible to see all the uneducated fans running around screaming that he's a cancer. The guy is an MVP and one of the best scorers ever. I don't care if he's shooting 44%, to be able to create for yourself over and over is impressive as anything in the game of basketball.

Guy is a legend, and up there with the best of players, and should be remembered as a top 35 player of all time.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:56 AM   #34
Abraham Lincoln
Decent college freshman

Abraham Lincoln is considered somewhat coolAbraham Lincoln is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Honestly I'd love for the dude to come back and tear it up. It's incredible to see all the uneducated fans running around screaming that he's a cancer. The guy is an MVP and one of the best scorers ever. I don't care if he's shooting 44%, to be able to create for yourself over and over is impressive as anything in the game of basketball.

Guy is a legend, and up there with the best of players, and should be remembered as a top 35 player of all time.

Would be even better to obtain a ring, however he always said he would not be a freeloading leecher at the end of his career.
Abraham Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:01 AM   #35
Abraham Lincoln
Decent college freshman

Abraham Lincoln is considered somewhat coolAbraham Lincoln is considered somewhat cool

Never thought this would happen so soon with Ed Snider in power. Tis pleasing to see how one's brutal misfortune in the association can touch the heart of even the most disgruntled of owners.
Abraham Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #36
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball

Rocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected poster

That would be great for AI...going back to where it all started......I see him starting for Philly...
Rocker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:53 AM   #37
Batman
High School Starter

Batman has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocker09
That would be great for AI...going back to where it all started......I see him starting for Philly...

very classy move, by philly if they do this.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #38
KingJay718
Serious playground baller

KingJay718 has an OK reputation so far

Not a Sixer/A.I. fan hardcore, but I hope it happens. It will be a good look for A.I., the league, and the Sixers can really benefit from his return. I think he would have no problem coming off the bench there, because he is familiar with alot of the player personnel there. A.I.2, Lou WIlliams, Rodney Carney, Willie Green, Sammy D, and so forth. An Iverson Sixers jersey in the new color scheme would be a good look.
KingJay718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:37 AM   #39
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball

Rocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJay718
Not a Sixer/A.I. fan hardcore, but I hope it happens. It will be a good look for A.I., the league, and the Sixers can really benefit from his return. I think he would have no problem coming off the bench there, because he is familiar with alot of the player personnel there. A.I.2, Lou WIlliams, Rodney Carney, Willie Green, Sammy D, and so forth. An Iverson Sixers jersey in the new color scheme would be a good look.

Yeah...I just want AI to have a good ending w/ his career...He's not that old yet and I think he still has a LOT left in his tank....
Rocker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #40
BALLin01
Local High School Star

BALLin01 has decent reputationBALLin01 has decent reputation
Default Re: Sixers appear ready to bring back Allen Iverson

Hmmmm.....the more I think about it I think this is a really good move. By poor shooting by Green and Holiday last night they could really use him. My only concern is the same concern I had from the start is how AI is gonnna handle less minutes when Lou Williams comes back.
BALLin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #41
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Do It!
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #42
BALLin01
Local High School Star

He should bring back the Questions
Old 11-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #43
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALLin01

He should bring back the Questions

AI's best shoe ever
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #44
BALLin01
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

AI's best shoe ever

Both are pretty damn sick.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:53 AM   #45
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Sixers should sign IVERSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoken
Sixers have a lack of oustide scoring. Lou Williams is now out. What's the worst that could happen? The city loves Him.

EDIT:
Sorry didn't see the sticky (I'm at work sneaking on here). This thread can be deleted.
Iverson is a good outside shooter now?

Damn, I must've missed something.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: