Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 02-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default feb 18 trades breakdown

Salmon - to the Bucks

Warrick / Alexander - to the Bulls

-------------
Ivey - to the Bucks (potential vet to assist Jennings dealing with the NBA)
Brezec - to the Bucks (ex- Jennings teammate over in Italy)

Meeks - to the 6er's

Elson - to the 6er's

====================================
How this helps us :

The most notable trade here is Meeks - (why?)

This signals if I can even read what hammond is trying to do is simply open up enough space this summer to sign a legit PF to start.
(where is the simple trade to get a great banger like 'BASS"?)

Moving Meeks tells me , that whether John Salmons takes the player option or not , the Bucks could try hard to acquire him in a long term deal.

This would solidify the SG position , and the back court with Jennings and possibly long term Ridnour as a backup.

Even though they have Moute as a SF , that position is weak with Delfino as a backup , and so here is what the Bucks have :

They need a PF starter material
they need a PF backup material (does ersan Ilyasova fit the bill ? right now he is a tweener)
They need a SG starter material
they need a SF backup material.

2 legit role players
2 legit starters

I am not saying it can't be done , but prior to the season starting it was well documented that it would be at least 3 years before the Bucks could put a legit team on the floor and even compete with the elite teams in the east for serious playoff runs.

---------------
Following this train of thought I see no reason not to doubt that the team will be up for sale this summer to a legit buyer that will keep the team in Milwaukee and has some semblance of building blocks for a team.

Last edited by Jasper : 02-18-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
LbloodOjunkieG
I hit open 5-footers

LbloodOjunkieG has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: feb 18 trades breakdown

I'm not quite sure about the contract details on the players we brought in, whether they are expirers or not, but I wouldn't have done either one of these deals. Meeks for Ivey? Why? I think Jodie has a lot of potential, and I think the team gave up on him for some reason. As for the Warrick for Salmons swap, this one isn't TOO bad, but I wouldn't have done it. I'm a big fan of Warricks game, and not a fan of Salmons. Regardless, whatever it takes for the team to start winning, I'm all for it. If they feel these trades will help us in the long run, then so be it.
LbloodOjunkieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
LbloodOjunkieG
I hit open 5-footers

Oh by the way, I hope to god if the team is sold, they stay in Milwaukee. I would be irate if we get screwed like the fans of Seattle.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #4
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Brezec is the key for Jennings ... as well as Boguts current and future backup.

But really Meeks was the signal of what Hammond might be thinking.
It's hard to tell because his drafts and trades are just freakin weird.

But as I stated in the above post Meeks is the key . . it was a signal Redd either is gone one way or another in some shape way or form , and he will try to acquire a trade draft for a gunner , or get a FA.

Salmon's for now will be the prime time guy.

The big hole filler will be his PF starter and backup and how he wants this team to play.
In a word : The Bucks need some form of continuity.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm lost to why trading Weeks is a good thing. But Salmons for the future at SG in Milw? I dont like that idea.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
LbloodOjunkieG
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I'm lost to why trading Weeks is a good thing. But Salmons for the future at SG in Milw? I dont like that idea.

Rickie Weeks is still on the team, never traded him. I also don't like Salmons being our future SG.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #7
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Ahh who ???
check the roster

----------------------
Everyone is in agreement that Ray Allen is basically good for about 25 minutes.
So I have to think if an elite team picks him up cheap and makes a run at a ring , Ray ray will probably retire after the 2010-11 season.

BUT I know for a fact Ray really liked Milwaukee and it would not be unrealistic to think that Ray lands back in Milwaukee and divides the minutes up with John S.
-- who knows maybe Redd may come back and beable to play 20-25 minutes a game as well.
================
Refering back to my previous post , this would mean the Bucks would only need to acquire a pure PF starter.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
LbloodOjunkieG
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
Ahh who ???
check the roster

----------------------
Everyone is in agreement that Ray Allen is basically good for about 25 minutes.
So I have to think if an elite team picks him up cheap and makes a run at a ring , Ray ray will probably retire after the 2010-11 season.

BUT I know for a fact Ray really liked Milwaukee and it would not be unrealistic to think that Ray lands back in Milwaukee and divides the minutes up with John S.
-- who knows maybe Redd may come back and beable to play 20-25 minutes a game as well.
================
Refering back to my previous post , this would mean the Bucks would only need to acquire a pure PF starter.

Rickie Weeks, of the Milwaukee Brewers. That is who he was talking about, right? Anyways, I would love it if Ray came back to Milwaukee.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: