Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-29-2009, 11:23 PM   #1
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default The Big Tuna to Cleveland?

I've been saying for a long time that the Browns need a GM 'like' Parcells that can steer this ship in the right direction and give the organization an identity. I had no idea that there was a chance that we could get the real thing, but there has been significant chatter over the course of the last couple of weeks indicating that Parcells has serious interest in coming to Cleveland and giving it a go.

In seeking Parcells-like czar, could Cleveland Browns get the real thing? NFL Insider

I'm an agnostic, but I will kindly ask God, Jesus, Mohammad, Buddha and Zeus to grant me this wish.

Thoughts?

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 11-29-2009 at 11:54 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Big Tuna to Cleveland?

I think coaching has passed him by but for Cleveland Parcells would be fantastic...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #3
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I think coaching has passed him by but for Cleveland Parcells would be fantastic...
As a GM, there may not be a better guy on earth. It is no coincidence that Miami has gone from the cellar to a legitimate playoff contender in the couple of years since he showed up in town. He turns bad franchises around... That's what he does.

He would have his work cut out for him here, but it isn't like we have no talent to work with. He has turned around teams in as bad a shape as this one.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
As a GM, there may not be a better guy on earth. It is no coincidence that Miami has gone from the cellar to a legitimate playoff contender in the couple of years since he showed up in town. He turns bad franchises around... That's what he does.

He would have his work cut out for him here, but it isn't like we have no talent to work with. He has turned around teams in as bad a shape as this one.
He might be the best GM, I don't know, but I do think alot of that is overrated...

I promise you that he has NOTHING to do with that wildcat offense in Miami...

He also drafted alot of guys in Dallas that just didn't work out that great (Barbie Carpenter)

He also likes to bring in alot players that he used to work with, Romo and Owens were not Parcells, he was all about Bledsoe and Keyshawn...

but yeah, he would bring an identity to the Browns...it would be great for them I think
Old 11-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #5
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
He might be the best GM, I don't know, but I do think alot of that is overrated...

I promise you that he has NOTHING to do with that wildcat offense in Miami...

He also drafted alot of guys in Dallas that just didn't work out that great (Barbie Carpenter)

He also like to bring in players that he used to work with, Romo and Owens were not Parcells, he was all about Bledsoe and Keyshawn...
He knows how to put the right people in the right positions to make the correct adjustments and implement the right system like a great GM should. He may have not had a direct hand in developing the Wildcat, but he selected the coaches that did develop it. You can nitpick bad draft picks for every franchise in the league. No one bats 1.000 in this league.

It is no coincidence that the guy wins everywhere that he goes. He would do a quick makeover to the entire FO and coaching staff and send the franchise in the right direction. That is all I want. He knows how to build a winner from the ground up.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:58 PM   #6
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
He knows how to put the right people in the right positions to make the correct adjustments and implement the right system like a great GM should. He may have not had a direct hand in developing the Wildcat, but he selected the coaches that did develop it. You can nitpick bad draft picks for every franchise in the league. No one bats 1.000 in this league.

It is no coincidence that the guy wins everywhere that he goes. He would do a quick makeover to the entire FO and coaching staff and send the franchise in the right direction. That is all I want. He knows how to build a winner from the ground up.
yeah, that does seem to be the case...

although I am not sure everyone considers Dallas and Miami to be "winners"...he turned them around I suppose, but for Miami it was almost impossible for them to not get better...

Cleveland would be like that for him too I guess, all he has to do is win 5 games or so and everyone will be all over his jock again...

but yeah I think it would be great for Cleveland...that franchise needs a complete makeover (like you mentioned) and he would be a great guy to start with...no question
Old 11-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #7
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

I could be wrong but I believe there were certain external factors (Jerry Jones) that prevented Dallas being better than they were under Parcells.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #8
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
I could be wrong but I believe there were certain external factors (Jerry Jones) that prevented Dallas being better than they were under Parcells.
like what exactly?

Parcells is not what he used to be as a coach, the game has changed...he knew this when he left, if he still thought he would be a great coach he would be coaching right now...it isn't like anyone is gonna turn him down...he could coach today if he wanted...

Jerry didn't do anything wrong, he gave Bill complete control...

Last edited by ~primetime~ : 11-30-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:33 AM   #9
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And Weis is getting fired from Notre Dame. Parcells gave Weis his first job. Weis obviously coached Brady Quinn to great success. Whatever you think of Weis as a head coach, the guy's still a very good offensive gameplanner.

It really could be a perfect storm, just need to find a Mangini replacement that fits in.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:32 AM   #10
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
like what exactly?

Parcells is not what he used to be as a coach, the game has changed...he knew this when he left, if he still thought he would be a great coach he would be coaching right now...it isn't like anyone is gonna turn him down...he could coach today if he wanted...

Jerry didn't do anything wrong, he gave Bill complete control...

I think that was part of the problem, I don't think he wanted to give Bill that control. That's why I think he usurped him on the TO thing, it was a battle of egos and as we all know megolomaniacs don't like to work for other megolomaniacs. But like I said this is my own Doomsday Dallas style conspiracy though lol.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:13 AM   #11
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
I think that was part of the problem, I don't think he wanted to give Bill that control. That's why I think he usurped him on the TO thing, it was a battle of egos and as we all know megolomaniacs don't like to work for other megolomaniacs. But like I said this is my own Doomsday Dallas style conspiracy though lol.
ehh...Jerry let Bill do his thing for a while..."shop for the groceries"...but when it became clear that the Bledsoe/Keyshawn combo was lame, Bill had to allow the GM (Jerry) to do what a GM is supposed to do...manage the team...

also, alot of the fans where really just very unhappy with Parcell's conservative play calling...it was boring as hell

3rd and 12?...ok, run a draw play to get better punting position, that way we don't risk an INT either...that was normal Parcells, he NEVER took risks...
Old 11-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #12
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
ehh...Jerry let Bill do his thing for a while..."shop for the groceries"...but when it became clear that the Bledsoe/Keyshawn combo was lame, Bill had to allow the GM (Jerry) to do what a GM is supposed to do...manage the team...

also, alot of the fans where really just very unhappy with Parcell's conservative play calling...it was boring as hell

3rd and 12?...ok, run a draw play to get better punting position, that way we don't risk an INT either...that was normal Parcells, he NEVER took risks...
He is one of the greatest head coaches of all-time. If he did run a draw or a screen on third-and-12, it was only because he knew the percentages and understood that, if you throw the ball 15 yards downfield in that situation, there is a better chance that something bad would happen as opposed to something good.

My high school football coach (a legend in Ohio) always used to say, "when you are forced to throw the ball, three things can happen and two of them are bad."

When a team forces you to throw the ball by getting you in a bad down and distance, they are winning the battle and a lot of coaches choose not to be bullied into a risky playcall by a defense.

Regardless, we are looking at him as a GM or team president. He would have no control over playcalling. Although, if he came to Cleveland and decided that he wanted to give the sidelines another shot (which he wouldn't), I would have no problem with it.

Come on, Bill! We need you!
Old 11-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It would be a great move. Bill Parcells is the quicker picker upper. Resume doesnt lie. The guy just knows how to instill in a franchise that winning mentality/attitude. You could go 9-7 but you wouldnt look at them as a 9-7 team. And you just knew the next year they would prove that. I always liked how he came in and changed the atmosphere. There is no player in football Tuna cant tame, control and get them to know he is the BOSS or you can find a new home. No weeds grows in his backyard man.

Clevland really needs that kind of lifeline. That rain cloud has lingered long enough. I dont know about Parcells returning to football however. But its a challenge you could put on the table with cash to get the Tuna thinkin.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #14
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
It would be a great move. Bill Parcells is the quicker picker upper. Resume doesnt lie. The guy just knows how to instill in a franchise that winning mentality/attitude. You could go 9-7 but you wouldnt look at them as a 9-7 team. And you just knew the next year they would prove that. I always liked how he came in and changed the atmosphere. There is no player in football Tuna cant tame, control and get them to know he is the BOSS or you can find a new home. No weeds grows in his backyard man.

Clevland really needs that kind of lifeline. That rain cloud has lingered long enough. I dont know about Parcells returning to football however. But its a challenge you could put on the table with cash to get the Tuna thinkin.
hmm...

just ask Parcells about the one he reffers to the media as "the player"...
Old 11-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #15
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why the hell would he go to Cleveland?
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: