Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #16
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: are the Steelers dunzo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
Really, where did you hear this? I've always liked Tomlin, I liked his philosophy on football and how football should be played...I don't like a coach who's not going to get his players ready in training camp, this team has championship potential they need to be prepared to compete every week.

I lived in Pittsburgh for awhile, and not just one, but several local media guys pointed this out. From what I gather, it wasn't something really obvious or blatant enough to make national news, but it was mentioned that vets were given extra time off and what not.

There is always a hint of complacency that settles in after winning it all, in my opinion. Everyone denies it, but it's human nature. When you come back and win the kind of games that they did, there is always the thought that you can keep relying on that sort of thing.

They should come back strong next season. Assuming they don't make the playoffs, they will no longer be the "hunted" team. Now, they are getting everyone's best shot.

Repeating in professional sports is extremely difficult, which is why I'm not an advocate of bringing back the exact same pieces you had from the year before. They lost only one player. Some guys just lose that little bit of motivation.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #17
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I lived in Pittsburgh for awhile, and not just one, but several local media guys pointed this out. From what I gather, it wasn't something really obvious or blatant enough to make national news, but it was mentioned that vets were given extra time off and what not.

Totally OT, but you don't live in the Burgh anymore? What happened? WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?!
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #18
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Totally OT, but you don't live in the Burgh anymore? What happened? WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?!

I got what I needed and left. Took an 8 week broadcasting seminar, interned for a large market TV station, and left. I intended to only stay a year, but I met a girl, so I ended up hanging around for 2 years total. Me and her are still together. Doing the long distance thing.

Mass communications careers don't begin in large cities like Pittsburgh, so I moved back to Athens and am paying my dues for a small market radio station.

Also got my teaching degree, so if this whole thing doesn't work out, I have that to fall back on.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #19
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Well, the Steelers have to win out to make the playoffs.

Really, the only thing I see different between this years squad and last years squad is the defense, specifically the absence of Troy Polamalu.

They are unbeaten when he plays I think. And in four or five of the Steelers loses, the defense has given up scores late in games to give up the lead.... which is to be expected from a lower level defense and bad team, but not the Steelers. Maybe one or two a season... but five?

I don't know when Troy comes back, but he's obviously not going to get in the swing of things until the playoffs roll around, so if they make it with a healthy squad.... hard to bet against them.

But they have to take care of business first.

A Baltimore lose tonight would be a start in the right direction for the Steelers.

I don't see JAC continuing thier success, they play Miami, Ind & at NE their next three games.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #20
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Baltimore losing was pretty big for our playoff chances. We need to beat Cleveland this week and we should (but who knows after losses to KC and Oak). We will need to beat Baltimore and Miami who are both fighting us for the wild card. I don't see us beating GB with the way our secondary is playing even if Troy is back by then. I think its almost a gimmie that the Jags will start losing.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:42 PM   #21
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

anyone who put money on the steelers this season.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #22
mbell75
Another title in LA :)

mbell75 is considered somewhat coolmbell75 is considered somewhat coolmbell75 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

As a Charger fan, I love this even more
mbell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #23
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm just stunned at this point. I don't understand how a team that won a Super Bowl last year can come back and be this terrible against the worst teams on our schedule. Granted, we do have two big losses to Troy and Aaron Smith but that no excuse for losing to Cleveland, Oakland, and Kansas City.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #24
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I'm just stunned at this point. I don't understand how a team that won a Super Bowl last year can come back and be this terrible against the worst teams on our schedule. Granted, we do have two big losses to Troy and Aaron Smith but that no excuse for losing to Cleveland, Oakland, and Kansas City.
you know what alot of it is that NFL fans just don't like to talk about?

something that NFL fans pretend isn't real?

something that we all hide our eyes form?

answer:

16 games in any team sport simply is not enough

if the NBA was only 16 games there could be several players considered better than Lebron...alot of good teams lose to bad teams all that short time...it just happens in sports...the Nets would have gone winless

BASEBALL???...it would be 10x worse...16 games would prove NOTHING

in the NFL it is our only option though, and "any given Sunday" happens alot...

if the NFL magicaly had 80 games to work with the Steelers would be in...(so would Dallas...lol)

Last edited by ~primetime~ : 12-11-2009 at 07:41 PM.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #25
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
you know what alot of it is that NFL fans just don't like to talk about?

something that NFL fans pretend isn't real?

something that we all hide our eyes form?

answer:

16 games in any team sport simply is not enough

if the NBA was only 16 games there could be several players considered better than Lebron...alot of good teams lose to bad teams all that short time...it just happens in sports...the Nets would have gone winless

BASEBALL???...it would be 10x worse...16 games would prove NOTHING

in the NFL it is our only option though, and "any given Sunday" happens alot...

if the NFL magicaly had 80 games to work with the Steelers would be in...(so would Dallas...lol)

I agree somewhat but thats still a pretty ridiculous statemnt lol.

The NBA thing definitely isn't true lol. You think LeBron and the Cavs bring their best effort against a bad team in the middle of December. Not likely. But if they change it so every game mattered they would have a much better gameplan and effort on a nightly basis. There are just too many game in the season to give 100% because the NBA season is a marathon not a sprint.

The NFL is different. When every game does matter and when a team is fighting for a playoff spot, an effort like the Steelers put forth is completely unexceptable. You cant just mail one in against an NFL team and expect a win (unless you are the Saints and Jesus Christ personally hands you a W). It doesnt matter who is the better team. What matters is who brings it on Sundays and makes plays to win the games. I do not believe for a second that Miami, Jacksonville, or the Jets are better than the Steelers but at the end of the season one of them could possibly in the playoffs over us.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: