Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-02-2009, 12:46 AM   #16
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Ray Rice - The Next Great One?

It's not even close between prime Faulk and prime Tomlinson?

I've heard some crazy things on here, but that one.... god damn.

"not even close"

*shakes head*

And MJD getting goalline carries while Fred Taylor was there doesn't mean jack. Why would you bring that up? He was hardly a short yardage back.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:46 AM   #17
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Not built like MJD, he actually gets the goaline carries (even when Fred Taylor was there), and he's much closer to a 1500/500 back.

Sorry, if you ask me if I want a prime LT vs Faulk, it's not even close. Same with MJD vs Rice this year...
just give me Jim Brown...

no need to line him up as a slot WR or anything...you can even just tell the defense that he is gonna run it and it doesn't even matter...no one is gonna stop him...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:49 AM   #18
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
It's not even close between prime Faulk and prime Tomlinson?

I've heard some crazy things on here, but that one.... god damn.

"not even close"

*shakes head*

And MJD getting goalline carries while Fred Taylor was there doesn't mean jack. Why would you bring that up? He was hardly a short yardage back.
Not even close in the sense I would pick LT for my team and wouldn't thinks twice, for the above reasons I already mentioned. I'm not comparing how effective they were at their prime.

And Fred Taylor was a goaline back early in his career, so not why you're acting all surprise.

Last edited by bigkingsfan : 12-02-2009 at 12:53 AM.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:55 AM   #19
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

You obviously think Tomlinson was more effective than Faulk, and it's not even close. That's why you would pick someone to be on your team - because of how effective they are. Why else would you pick someone over the other?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #20
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You obviously think Tomlinson was more effective than Faulk, and it's not even close. That's why you would pick someone to be on your team - because of how effective they are. Why else would you pick someone over the other?
Post #13, it's much easier to build a team around someone like that.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:03 AM   #21
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

did Faulk get 1,000 recieving yards that year because of Holt and Bruce owning?

he lined up at slot and played as thier Wes Welker?

I remember that team, and I know he lined up in the slot alot, probably even just out as a WR...but I just can't remember how much...

yeah, at some point you get to where it isn't even a RB anymore...just a slot WR...

Faulk was awesome, top 10 all time for sure, but I would still rather just have a pure runner, mixed with bad ass WRs...like the Vikes have now I guess...
Old 12-02-2009, 01:04 AM   #22
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

A 1500/500 yard back isn't the "elite big man" of the NBA and the 1000/1000 threats are the "elite guards."

I'd argue that building around a player like Faulk would be easier than someone like Tomlinson. Obviously both are great, but different.

Faulk presented problems for a defense that really no other running back did to the degree that he did. He ran wide reciever patterns, was elusive as hell in the open field, knew how to get in the endzone...and he could run the ball. There wasn't a thing he couldn't do out there at an elite level.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:11 AM   #23
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Ray Rice from Rutgers is running rambunctiously for the resurgent Ravens!

I heard he can dunk a basketball.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #24
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

Ray had the 4th highest yardage total in one half yesterday vs the Lions. He eclipsed 200 hundred total yards (150 rushing and 50 receiving) in only the first half. He only got two carries in the second half and could have had a real shot at breaking the single game record for most yards from scrimmage. This guy is special.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #25
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've never heard Ray Rice speak. I think he is a robot.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

A 1500/500 yard back isn't the "elite big man" of the NBA and the 1000/1000 threats are the "elite guards."

I'd argue that building around a player like Faulk would be easier than someone like Tomlinson. Obviously both are great, but different.

Faulk presented problems for a defense that really no other running back did to the degree that he did. He ran wide reciever patterns, was elusive as hell in the open field, knew how to get in the endzone...and he could run the ball. There wasn't a thing he couldn't do out there at an elite level.

He could also block and read defenses picking up blitzes. He was similar to having a coach on the field. High football IQ. While some of these things dont show up on a stat sheet it also helped the team in positive ways. Things people take for granted because i've seen guys miss a block, dont pick up a blitz and the outcome isnt good.

Faulk in my book is a top 5 RB of all time.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #27
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

As much as I loathe the Ravens, I gotta give Ray his due. He is a beast.

Oh and lol @ primetime and his rigid, inflexible 1970's football philosophy.

P.S. Roger Craig was the first 1000/1000 back I believe.

Last edited by HisJoeness : 12-15-2009 at 09:02 PM.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #28
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
As much as I loathe the Ravens, I gotta give Ray his due. He is a beast.

Oh and lol @ primetime and his 1970's football philosophy.

P.S. Roger Craig was the first 1000/1000 back I believe.
2008 philosophy too...

^^^ had 3 catches last year...

^^^ had 4 catches when he won it...

that isn't just the 70s...
Old 12-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #29
AAckley1
Decent playground baller

AAckley1 has an OK reputation so far

I hate when people consider RB's that are threats in the passing game as soft or "unpreferred" over typical "pound the rock" type bruisers. With the prevalence of the 3-4 and the insane speed that is all over the field for most NFL defenses, screen passing has essentially become the new sweep play.

And until the NFL or some other stat keeping website starts keeping stats of behind the line of scrimmage receiving yards, the misconception that receiving RB's are simply "adjusted" slot receivers will continue
AAckley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #30
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAckley1
I hate when people consider RB's that are threats in the passing game as soft or "unpreferred" over typical "pound the rock" type bruisers. With the prevalence of the 3-4 and the insane speed that is all over the field for most NFL defenses, screen passing has essentially become the new sweep play.

And until the NFL or some other stat keeping website starts keeping stats of behind the line of scrimmage receiving yards, the misconception that receiving RB's are simply "adjusted" slot receivers will continue
I have been thinking about this exact thing this entire thread...although, I think that if there is a "misconception" that it is the other way around, I think most people assume that the majority of most RB's recieving yards comes out of the backfeild, and not lined up in the slot...

I know that Faulk lined up at slot all the time, infact I know the he lined up as a straight up wide out even...and you are right, it would be nice if they seperated his recieving yards in his stats and showed us how much was out of the backfeild compared to how much was just him playing WR...

because really the only benifit a team gets from a RB that can line up as a WR is a saved roster spot...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: