Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #31
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ray Rice - The Next Great One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I have been thinking about this exact thing this entire thread...although, I think that if there is a "misconception" that it is the other way around, I think most people assume that the majority of most RB's recieving yards comes out of the backfeild, and not lined up in the slot...

I know that Faulk lined up at slot all the time, infact I know the he lined up as a straight up wide out even...and you are right, it would be nice if they seperated his recieving yards in his stats and showed us how much was out of the backfeild compared to how much was just him playing WR...

because really the only benifit a team gets from a RB that can line up as a WR is a saved roster spot...

the only advantage of having a guy who can line up in multiple positions is saving roster spots?
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #32
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
[/b]

the only advantage of having a guy who can line up in multiple positions is saving roster spots?
explain to me the advantage of having a RB that is awesome at both WR and RB rather than say just having Peterson/Rice?

because you can motion him out of the backfeild or something?

Dallas experimented doing that with Owens a few times, it doesn't do anything...

once he is out on the line he is treated as a WR...so why not just use...*gasp*...a WR!!!??? (that way you can keep your bad ass RB in the backfeild)
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #33
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
explain to me the advantage of having a RB that is awesome at both WR and RB rather than say just having Peterson/Rice?

because you can motion him out of the backfeild or something?

Dallas experimented doing that with Owens a few times, it doesn't do anything...

once he is out on the line he is treated as a WR...so why not just use...*gasp*...a WR!!!??? (that way you can keep your bad ass RB in the backfeild)

Is it harder for a defense to predict plays and cover effectively when there is a jack of all trades RB lining up in all over the field? Do offenses have more options for playcalling with a versatile back?

Just because Owens sucked at lining up in the backfield doesnt mean that guys like Ray Rice and Chris Johnson are not effective doing it. I dont know why you are even bringing Owens up here. How many times has Desean Jackson scored out of the backfield this season?

I think you are just pretending to be dumb because you are an Oklahoma homer and you refuse to recognize that AP has not the best back in the NFL this season. Bottom line is that versatile players give their teams many more advantages than you give them credit for.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #34
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Is it harder for a defense to predict plays and cover effectively when there is a jack of all trades RB lining up in all over the field? Do offenses have more options for playcalling with a versatile back?

Just because Owens sucked at lining up in the backfield doesnt mean that guys like Ray Rice and Chris Johnson are not effective doing it. I dont know why you are even bringing Owens up here. How many times has Desean Jackson scored out of the backfield this season?

I think you are just pretending to be dumb because you are an Oklahoma homer and you refuse to recognize that AP has not the best back in the NFL this season. Bottom line is that versatile players give their teams many more advantages than you give them credit for.
we were talking about a RB that lines up at WR...and no, that would make it easier on the defense because once he lines up wide they don't have to worry about him running...

I think you didn't read the part where we were discussing seperating receiving yards out of the backfeild and those when a RB plays WR for that reason...

and yes, CJ is having a better year than AD...that has nothing to do with anything...they both have pretty much the same recieving stats...
Old 12-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #35
Nanners
Decent college freshman

primetime and his semantics.... why did i even try
Old 12-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #36
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Prime showing his lack of football understanding in here.

If anyone took this guy seriously before, please read his last few posts. The guy has no clue the majority of time.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #37
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

it isn't semantics if you kept up with me agreeing that yards out of the backfeild should be seperate from those yards lined up at WR...

simple guys...

here

team A:

-Deion Sanders playing CB
-Deion Sanders playing WR
-Deion Sanders playing KR/PR

team B:

-Deion Sanders playing CB
-Joe Blow who is some average speed WR
-Jim Blow who is an amazing guy returning punts and kicks

^^^ the difference?...roster spots

Carb, I guess I need to start jumping down your throat more...you certainly deserve it...*looks for Reggie Bush is currently a top 5 playmaker*....lol
Old 12-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #38
Nanners
Decent college freshman

I really cant believe how dense this guy is. Like carbine said, you clearly have no clue about football.

and apparently you dont know what semantics means either.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #39
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
I really cant believe how dense this guy is. Like carbine said, you clearly have no clue about football.

and apparently you dont know what semantics means either.
I know exactly what semantics are little boy and this is not an example of me using semantics at all...

You just don't have the brain power to understand what I am saying which sadly is very easy to understand...
Old 12-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #40
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Quote:
I know exactly what semantics are little boy and this is not an example of me using semantics at all...

You just don't have the brain power to understand what I am saying which sadly is very easy to understand...

A statement like that makes it pretty clear that you do NOT know what semantics means. Kid.

I dont have the brain power to think that the ONLY advantage of a versatile player is that they save roster spots? Are you kidding me?
Old 12-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #41
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
A statement like that makes it pretty clear that you do NOT know what semantics means. Kid.
there was nothing wrong with that statement...
Old 12-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #42
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Shut up.

The simple and most easy way to describe the effectiveness of a guy who can rush the ball and line up and catch balls is this.

You have to play a 4-3 defense against a two tight end, two wide receiver set or you'll probably get roasted on the ground. If you play a nickle defense, you got basically a corner in the box trying to defend the run.

The thing with a great receiver and runner is this - you dictate the mismatch. If they want to play a 4-3 defense, then you can flank him out pre-snap and let a linebacker try to cover him in space. If the defense goes nickle, you can effectively gain yards on the ground with that running back.

There is more that goes into it, but that's the easy description. Not that hard to understand but you have failed to do so.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:49 PM   #43
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Shut up.

The simple and most easy way to describe the effectiveness of a guy who can rush the ball and line up and catch balls is this.

You have to play a 4-3 defense against a two tight end, two wide receiver set or you'll probably get roasted on the ground. If you play a nickle defense, you got basically a corner in the box trying to defend the run.

The thing with a great receiver and runner is this - you dictate the mismatch. If they want to play a 4-3 defense, then you can flank him out pre-snap and let a linebacker try to cover him in space. If the defense goes nickle, you can effectively gain yards on the ground with that running back.

There is more that goes into it, but that's the easy description. Not that hard to understand but you have failed to do so.
Shut your feminine little whiney mouth

isn't true most of the time when a team has a RB that catches alot then they run alot of LB Spies...

in this arguement, however, we are talking about a RB lining up at WR...in which case he just gets treated like a WR...if he motioned out the back then a defender will take him on as a WR, just like if he motioned from anywhere...Owens used to motion out of the back...

the Rams obvioulsy had a much easier time creating mismatches with Faulk because of Holt and Bruce...not because he lined up at WR...
Old 12-16-2009, 05:56 PM   #44
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

What? Can you decode that for me? I don't talk stupid.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #45
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

http://technorati.com/videos/youtube...%3DjW-H43Wt0Tc

^^^ here carb

that is a LB Spy

just subsitute the QB in that vid with a HB...

again though, this is all about a HB lining up as a WR...in which case if it is nickle then a nickle corner will take him on, or if it isn't then a LB/saftey will take him...(aka, he gets treated the EXACT same as anyone else that lines up as a WR)

does that make it easier or do you need still need help?

I might be able to find some pee wee league videos for you...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: