Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #46
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Ray Rice - The Next Great One?

What are you talking about? Why would it matter if you have a spy on the running back if he's going to run the ball? That doesn't matter at all. The offensive lineman don't give a **** if he's spying or not, they're still going to block him.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #47
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

okay I think I know where you are confused now, even though I tried to make this clear twice...

I started here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAckley1
I hate when people consider RB's that are threats in the passing game as soft or "unpreferred" over typical "pound the rock" type bruisers. With the prevalence of the 3-4 and the insane speed that is all over the field for most NFL defenses, screen passing has essentially become the new sweep play.

And until the NFL or some other stat keeping website starts keeping stats of behind the line of scrimmage receiving yards, the misconception that receiving RB's are simply "adjusted" slot receivers will continue
I have been thinking about this exact thing this entire thread...although, I think that if there is a "misconception" that it is the other way around, I think most people assume that the majority of most RB's recieving yards comes out of the backfeild, and not lined up in the slot...

I know that Faulk lined up at slot all the time, infact I know the he lined up as a straight up wide out even...and you are right, it would be nice if they seperated his recieving yards in his stats and showed us how much was out of the backfeild compared to how much was just him playing WR...

because really the only benifit a team gets from a RB that can line up as a WR is a saved roster spot...

everything I have been talking about in this thread today has been in reference to a RB LINING UP AT WR...

obvioulsy I see the advantage that a RB who is very skilled at catching out of the backfeild has...but that is not what I am talking about...

not a running back running...
not a running back catching out the back...
just a RB lining up at WR...

Nanners tried to write it off as semantics...lol...but I think you just were not on the same page...

I brought up LB spy plays because you kept talking about the play as though the RB is still lined up in the backfeild, where if you have a RB that catches alot out of the back, the defense usually just spies him alot...maybe a saftey, maybe a LB, maybe both...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #48
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
LB spy? Are you fcking serious right now?
no, I am joking...

nanners, you're just not that bright...

edit: oh, he ran away...lol

good move nanners
Old 12-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #49
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Your arguments are all over the place, you have no idea what semantics means, and you clearly dont know anything about football. This is not running, this is quitting on a lost cause. Trying to have a conversation with you is like talking to my microwave oven.

you have to continually clarify your muddled arguments, thats semantics kicking you in your dumb ass.
Nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #50
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Your arguments are all over the place, you have no idea what semantics means, and you clearly dont know anything about football. This is not running, this is quitting on a lost cause. Trying to have a conversation with you is like talking to my microwave oven.
dude, you don't even talk football...

your main points:

-you don't know what semantics are
-you are an OU homer
-Peterson is not the best RB this year

I don't think even once you have mentioned anything on topic...
Old 12-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #51
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
dude, you don't even talk football...

your main points:

-you don't know what semantics are
-you are an OU homer
-Peterson is not the best RB this year

I don't think even once you have mentioned anything on topic...

Who cares if I dont talk football. You talk football all the time and you clearly dont know sh!t.

Havent mentioned anything on topic? In my second post in the thread I said that "offenses benefit from versatile players because it gives them more options in the playbook and makes it harder for a defense to anticipate the play". How is that not on topic about versatile backs?

thanks for proving that you dont actually read anything or understand anything, you just run your stupid mouth without thinking.

Last edited by Nanners : 12-16-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #52
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Who cares if I dont talk football. You talk football all the time and you clearly dont know sh!t.

Havent mentioned anything on topic? In my second post in the thread I said that "offenses benefit from versatile players because it gives them more options in the playbook and makes it harder for a defense to anticipate the play". How is that not on topic about versatile backs?

thanks for proving that you dont actually read anything or understand anything, you just run your stupid mouth without thinking.
you are STILL off topic as I never said ANYTHING about versatile players...

this is JUST ABOUT A RB LINING UP AS A WR...

(where he gets treated just like a WR, and NO that is not semantics, lol...it is my point)
Old 12-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #53
Nanners
Good college starter

Quote:
you are STILL off topic as I never said ANYTHING about versatile players...

this is JUST ABOUT A RB LINING UP AS A WR...

A player that can line up at RB or WR is a versatile player. Maybe you should look up the definition of versatility while you are looking up semantics.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #54
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
A player that can line up at RB or WR is a versatile player. Maybe you should look up the definition of versatility while you are looking up semantics.
but I am just talking about a RB playing WR...not his versatility

ironically, it is now YOU that is using semantics here...
Old 12-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #55
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

prime why do u like OU? arent you from dallas?
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: