Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-05-2009, 03:55 AM   #1
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

Default bills offered shanahan ownership

did anyone else hear about this? couple of questions, would you take it, even though you know that you're in Buffalo. A small market and basically has to over pay to get big names to come play. And does this raise the bar for what coaches will want/get in their contracts?
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Default Re: bills offered shanahan ownership

Having been to Buffalo before in my life, I would say "no," because I wouldn't want to live there at all and, were I Shanahan, I'd know I will get other offers. But if he does take that team over, it'd be interesting to see if he held onto TO. I'm a "hater," but I must say that Owens would be doing better if he wasn't playing with such mediocre QB(s?).

It doesn't raise the bar for better franchises, but for a desperate team like Buffalo to bring in a big-name guy like Shanahan it takes a lot.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

Do you see other teams offering high profile coaches partial ownerships. not Dallas, Washington, Pittsburgh etc.. but perhaps Tennessee, Miami, Buccaneers or whatever other teams that wouldn't be considered in the same category as the first set?

Do you see coaches begin to demand or negotiate to get partial ownership?

I wouldn't necessarily want to coach in Buffalo either but if you're a partial owner you're getting a piece of the pie forever. That in it's self could be inticing enough for a coach to go there.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

I don't think Tennessee or Miami are as desperate as Buffalo. Cleveland, KC, and franchises like that with neither nice weather nor a lot of money are the ones that would have to beg the big-name coaches to come in.

Some coaches might demand partial ownership, but it'd be rare. It'd take a guy in the Cowher/Dungy/Belicheck class, and even then, it's something most would hesitate to request. Most coaches would still "settle" for more $ and some say in personnel.

Partial ownership may be enough to tempt Shanahan, but just speaking from my experience in Buffalo, if I was already rich I'd pass.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #5
goldenryan
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
Do you see other teams offering high profile coaches partial ownerships. not Dallas, Washington, Pittsburgh etc.. but perhaps Tennessee, Miami, Buccaneers or whatever other teams that wouldn't be considered in the same category as the first set?

Do you see coaches begin to demand or negotiate to get partial ownership?

I wouldn't necessarily want to coach in Buffalo either but if you're a partial owner you're getting a piece of the pie forever. That in it's self could be inticing enough for a coach to go there.

depends on how big the piece of the pie is ? if it's 8% or more, he'd be dumber than canandianballer to turn that down.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: