Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-29-2006, 08:34 PM   #16
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Weed not too much. I've smoked like, ten times over the course of about three years.

Drink 1-2 times a month I guess. Nothing major. And I agree with YoungGrease about not overdoing it. 5-6 beer is good enough for me. I'm a small guy.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:34 PM   #17
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And btw, someone should run the league mentioned earlier in the thread. It'd be a good time.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:35 PM   #18
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN43 has no real reputation yet.
Default hm

i light up cigars everyday... and i drink only on special occasions...
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:38 PM   #19
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

I used to Smoke Herb daily since I messed up my knee and can't jump like I used too. I guess I used it as a excuse to control my anger. Stop smoking Aug 28 and like a week later I started going on ISH Forum It's like an anti drug for me, I love reading everyone post, sad I know.
Bad thing is after I stopped smoking I started drinking more every other day. Liquor store has Budweiser 24 oz cans 5 for $5 and they don't charge me tax.
And I always seem to finish them. I also love Heineken mini kegs that are 20 bucks, best tasting beer. I can drink it all in a 5hr period. I used to buy Mickie's but I haven't bought it in a while.
I smoke cigs once a while but not often. I prefer Black Gold cigars but they don't sell them here no more. But when ever I feel like a smoke I smoke Al Capone's taste better to me.

Plus, why not make that weekly prediction game for Basketball?
Laker's and Suns!!! Laker's by 9!! With or with out Kobe starting!! Just my opinion!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:42 PM   #20
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

mario i like taht u use lots of exclamation points. its funny as **** cus u dont care and when people say they dont like u and say tahts annoying u just respon by saying "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" its awesome. BTW i do neither of the above. I never wanan smoke cigarettes. I ll maybe smoke cigars but just inhale taste it in mouth theb blow it out. So not inhale it in my lungs. i wanna smoke weed a coupe tiems in my life. ill probably drink in college cus i live in texas.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #21
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

I smoke, but not cigs. Usually after work or somethin, I'll go for a bowl and a brew. It's relaxing and gives me some stress relief... Usually don't smoke before anything important though (at least not anymore). Eh, I smoke about everyday. I'm not ashamed. Suprised marijuana isn't legal.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:51 AM   #22
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

I drink Remy or Chardonney. Only smoke the dozier on special occasions.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:24 AM   #23
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

I never really drank that much. ciggarettes seem pointless but I used to smoke them if people offered. in high school it was a lot easier to get weed than alcohol for me. and i like weed better. i liked it too much. ended up getting hooked. and dont give me that you cant get addicted to weed crap. you can get addicted to ANYTHING. it may not have a chemically addictive substance in it but I was psychologically addicted to the high.

My life revolved around weed for a while. Big conflict with the family, they were worried about my life going down the drain. I got in trouble for sneaking out at night to hang out with people I normally wouldnt just so I could get high. Spent all my money on weed. When I couldn't "support my habit" as they say because my parents made me leave my jobn after they found out everybody smoked there on breaks. I would skip lunch and use my lunch money to buy weed instead. When I couldn't get any I was all anxious and fiendish. Even when I had some I wasn't at ease until I could get high. Then the highs started getting shorter and shorter and I had to smoke more often to stay blazed. Knot in my stomach all the time. Lying to people all the time. Most of my "friends" were freinds only to the extent of being people I smoked with and got along with. Not proud to admit I would snag a ten every now and then from my mom's purse. Poured out my Dad's coin jar and took all the quarters to buy herb.

Crazy **** like that. I mean, who does that ****? I've never heard of someone being that fiendish over weed. Stole from my fricken grandma on vacation. Wow. And being high all the time I made all these stupid ass decisions. I would smoke in the bathroom at school before class. I couldnt smoke at home because my parents were all over me and they wouldn't let me leave the house. My junior year in high school some teacher caught my friend and I lighting up a bowl. I got away and he didnt know me so I figured I was in the clear. My "friend" ratted me out.

One time I went with this kid to the bad neighborhoods in Detroit to go get some weed. What would the cops think if they stopped two suburban white kids rolling around 8 mile? After getting the **** we hit a fricken van that ran a red light. Not hard but enough to make a huge dent. We bailed and its just wild thinking how messed up that was.

I ended up supporting my habit stealing money from snack sales at school. Thats ridiculous. All this time I had been forced to go to NA meetings which seemed like bul**** to me. I mean... I felt so out of place a pothead sitting at a table with creak and heorine addicts. Besides, I didnt really want to stop.

Then came homecoming senior year and I went late with a gorup of friends. I was drunka nd blaze and apparently it was obvious. They gave me a blow test and I had a .05. I got sentenced to a year prohbation but I kept smoking. They didnt give me any drug tests for a while and then they did. I had drank a BUNCH of water beforehand. So much so that apparently my piss was more water than urine. They didn't detect any creatine so they figured I faked it. I retook it and failed it. They threatened me with jailtime and that was the last straw for me. I wasn't going to end up in fricking jail. I spoent the rest of senior year chilin by myself except for hockey. Didn't hang out with anyone outside of that. Except for girls.

I havent smoked since then. Or drank. Its been like 7 or 8 months I dont know. I dont even think about it though. But isn't all that **** ridiculous? I was like a crackhead for pot. It kind of ruined my highschool experience. But whatever I learned from it.

By the way, 95% of people who smoke pot aren't like me if you want to or have never tried it. I'm an extreme case an was already predisposed towards addiction because of my personality and genetics. Just be warned YOU CAN get addicted to weed even if you dont get as extreme as I was.

I dont know why I told you all that. Maybe writing it all down helps. I dont know.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:23 AM   #24
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

Do i smoke? Yes.
Do i drink? Yes.
Do i want to quit smoking? Yes. But enjoy it heaps so i probably wont.
Do i want to quit drinking? No.

I drink every friday and saturday nights without fail, and during the week maybe one or two nights. Once im done with school though in two weeks i have like 5 months off and drinking will be a heavy past time i imagine.

And i smoke darts daily, about 6 or 7 maybe, though ive been smoking more lately cos of exams.

EDIT: Oh, and i smoke the reefer maybe once a month.

Last edited by Darsh : 10-30-2006 at 07:21 AM.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:29 AM   #25
Darsh
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
I never really drank that much. ciggarettes seem pointless but I used to smoke them if people offered. in high school it was a lot easier to get weed than alcohol for me. and i like weed better. i liked it too much. ended up getting hooked. and dont give me that you cant get addicted to weed crap. you can get addicted to ANYTHING. it may not have a chemically addictive substance in it but I was psychologically addicted to the high.

My life revolved around weed for a while. Big conflict with the family, they were worried about my life going down the drain. I got in trouble for sneaking out at night to hang out with people I normally wouldnt just so I could get high. Spent all my money on weed. When I couldn't "support my habit" as they say because my parents made me leave my jobn after they found out everybody smoked there on breaks. I would skip lunch and use my lunch money to buy weed instead. When I couldn't get any I was all anxious and fiendish. Even when I had some I wasn't at ease until I could get high. Then the highs started getting shorter and shorter and I had to smoke more often to stay blazed. Knot in my stomach all the time. Lying to people all the time. Most of my "friends" were freinds only to the extent of being people I smoked with and got along with. Not proud to admit I would snag a ten every now and then from my mom's purse. Poured out my Dad's coin jar and took all the quarters to buy herb.

Crazy **** like that. I mean, who does that ****? I've never heard of someone being that fiendish over weed. Stole from my fricken grandma on vacation. Wow. And being high all the time I made all these stupid ass decisions. I would smoke in the bathroom at school before class. I couldnt smoke at home because my parents were all over me and they wouldn't let me leave the house. My junior year in high school some teacher caught my friend and I lighting up a bowl. I got away and he didnt know me so I figured I was in the clear. My "friend" ratted me out.

One time I went with this kid to the bad neighborhoods in Detroit to go get some weed. What would the cops think if they stopped two suburban white kids rolling around 8 mile? After getting the **** we hit a fricken van that ran a red light. Not hard but enough to make a huge dent. We bailed and its just wild thinking how messed up that was.

I ended up supporting my habit stealing money from snack sales at school. Thats ridiculous. All this time I had been forced to go to NA meetings which seemed like bul**** to me. I mean... I felt so out of place a pothead sitting at a table with creak and heorine addicts. Besides, I didnt really want to stop.

Then came homecoming senior year and I went late with a gorup of friends. I was drunka nd blaze and apparently it was obvious. They gave me a blow test and I had a .05. I got sentenced to a year prohbation but I kept smoking. They didnt give me any drug tests for a while and then they did. I had drank a BUNCH of water beforehand. So much so that apparently my piss was more water than urine. They didn't detect any creatine so they figured I faked it. I retook it and failed it. They threatened me with jailtime and that was the last straw for me. I wasn't going to end up in fricking jail. I spoent the rest of senior year chilin by myself except for hockey. Didn't hang out with anyone outside of that. Except for girls.

I havent smoked since then. Or drank. Its been like 7 or 8 months I dont know. I dont even think about it though. But isn't all that **** ridiculous? I was like a crackhead for pot. It kind of ruined my highschool experience. But whatever I learned from it.

By the way, 95% of people who smoke pot aren't like me if you want to or have never tried it. I'm an extreme case an was already predisposed towards addiction because of my personality and genetics. Just be warned YOU CAN get addicted to weed even if you dont get as extreme as I was.

I dont know why I told you all that. Maybe writing it all down helps. I dont know.

Way to just drop that bomb! haha

but seriously, thats cool that your off that stuff now, ive seen friends go down the same path and havnt seen them in years now... but it sounds like your doing good so i give you some big props.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:11 AM   #26
diabla
o_O

diabla is considered somewhat cooldiabla is considered somewhat cool

I don't smoke cigarettes. I smoke weed at least 4 times a week. Weekends are ridiculous for the ganja. I only drink on weekends. Blue berry kool-aid and vodka does it for me!

(im a girl what do u expect? )
diabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:15 AM   #27
diabla
o_O

and another thing. What's with the bull crap about weed fukin up your life? Weed will NEVER *** up my life, only make it that much better. I'm in my third and last year of college with a 3.8 GPA. I'm on my way to university to get my degree. I've been working at a group home for a year now and I have yet to see how weed will *** me up. Please tell me how it s possible.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:31 AM   #28
Darsh
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabla
and another thing. What's with the bull crap about weed fukin up your life? Weed will NEVER *** up my life, only make it that much better. I'm in my third and last year of college with a 3.8 GPA. I'm on my way to university to get my degree. I've been working at a group home for a year now and I have yet to see how weed will *** me up. Please tell me how it s possible.

B*tch please. Ive had heaps of friends turn into deadbeats because of the reefer. Instead of school they'd be all like, "i know ill just go hit some bongs and skip class this one time". Then they'd do it again and again and before you know it they had been either kicked out of school or failed their year because they were ridin on a magic carpet to McDonalds everyday instead of getting an education.

From there? You cant go to university (or college). You cant get a decent job. The friends you used to have dont like you anymore because your not the same person, your the slow stupid version.

Smoking kills brain cells too. So its not gunnu help with your college.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:12 AM   #29
diabla
o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
B*tch please. Ive had heaps of friends turn into deadbeats because of the reefer. Instead of school they'd be all like, "i know ill just go hit some bongs and skip class this one time". Then they'd do it again and again and before you know it they had been either kicked out of school or failed their year because they were ridin on a magic carpet to McDonalds everyday instead of getting an education.

From there? You cant go to university (or college). You cant get a decent job. The friends you used to have dont like you anymore because your not the same person, your the slow stupid version.

Smoking kills brain cells too. So its not gunnu help with your college.

i've been smokin weed since grade 11. That was over 6 1/2 years ago! I'm not one of ur "deadbeat" friends that sadly let the drug take their life. My heads straight and i know where my priorities are. And in the future, I would appreciate you NOT refer to me as a *****. Come correct and educated.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:43 AM   #30
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jizzo's guide to proper drug use (drugs and alcohol can help you, if you use them in moderation and the right way). Unless you are an addictive personality type (and you know if you are, and if you are stay away), drugs can make your life better.

Nicotine: Most addictive, very bad, but good if you need to get shiiit done as it makes you stress a little on your work or problems.
Dont ever smoke if you haven't!!!!!!!!(MDG use of the exclamtion point) I am one of those 'smoke when I drink guys' and I wish i wasn't cuz it is so unecessary.

Enjoyment factor: 10-25%

THC (Weed): Used to be chronic, got a little older, now I am pretty chill about it but most people I hang with still smoke, but we don't drive it in us like back in the day.
Everyone should smoke weed sometimes, but NO ONE should start before college. High school burnouts are pathetic figures. Weed makes life better, enhancing movies and TV (and ISH for that matter). it helps you relax and has medicinal pain killing values. Too much weed in unfriendly confines can be a bit of a bad trip and being out in a busy public place too much is detremental to the enjoyment. Never date a girl who is chronic.

Enjoyment factor: 90%

Alcohol: I get drunk at least once a week. I don't work hungover anymore, but I did a lot when I first got out of college. I used to love going out to clubs, staying out till 7am hitting all the afterhours and underground shiiit. Now I live with my girlfriend so that shiiiit only flies on special occasions. Plus once you've hit the same place a few times and hit some of the dodgy girls that frequent it, it loses some of its luster. When pu$$y chasing stops, alcohol intake decreases considerably (that is of course unless you settle for a straight beyotch, then you drink more).

Everyone should get drunk with their boss a few times, and I honestly believe getting drunk once a week is healthy for the soul (not falling down mind you, but at least a sixer or two, but falling down drunk sometimes is just fun).

Enjoyment factor: too many variables, depends on the individual, alcohol is in many ways the best and the worst drug, and many hardcore drug addicts morph into raging alcoholics, and it is not always because they want off drugs it is just that unlike other drugs (whose effects lessen due to tolerence) alcohol always has a powerful effect.

Cocaine: Overrated, expensive and doesn't really get you high. You just talk a lot of shiiit (at a mile a minute) but for some strange reason you want more. Best to be avoided.

Enjoyment factor: goes from 100% to less than 10% very quickly

psilocybin(shrooms) and LSD(acid): Loved them when I was younger, couldn't care less if I ever did them again. Good time if your young, or a hippy, but beware the harsh comedown if you have any real life worries or emotional baggage. Shrooms are the funner of the two but acid can be far more powerful. You wont see things that arent there, but you will see the world from a different perspective so be aware. Good for opening new doors of perception and being creative (though not while high), but for most people a head falk. Acid is the much worse of the two, mushrooms is basically a poison and your trip is a result of the body fighting the poison (usually 5 or 6 hours, while an acid trip is usually 12).
Eating hash brownies or weed pizza can have similar effects but usually too heavy a 'body buzz' when too much is injested.

Enjoyment factor:Right confines its wonderful (outdoor concert or party or place where many cool people are high). Wrong confines a nightmare (around authority figures, public or a place where many uncool people are high).

Ecstacy: Super funky love drug that helps you chat up any girl and yields great results. Trouble is long term effects are unknown, it can be difficult to stay hard while you're high (people often say it is a great sex drug, which it is, but flaccidity can strike, especially when mixed with booze, so a lot of people take 'sextacy' which is ecstacy mixed with viagra, even women get a little upper hit off the viagra). The more you do it the less you get high, and if you take it Saturday night you wont be hungover till Monday or Tuesday which falks up your week. It often makes you shiiit right after you take it (bring tissue with you) and you have bad shiiits for a few days after... not cool.

Enjoyment factor: First time 100%, you literally see the good in everyone and everything, but its effects weaken each time after and it gets harder and harder to bounce back from. If you ever wanted an orgy, threesome or wanted to swap girlfriends with your buddy for the night this is the drug to get everyone high on. Most people don't do it for too long a time, and a lot of ecstacy is cut with crap like ketamine and speed.

Crystal Methamphetamine (speed): Age ten years in ten months and ruin your life. I've seen people lose their sense of reality (longterm) on this garbage, and you dont even get a good high off it. Complete chemical crap that should be avoided at all costs. There are better ways to commit suicide.

Enjoyment factor: You'll hate everything in life except meth.

Ketamine (K):Horse tranquilizer, nuff said. Snort it like coke, which can be fun, but what isn't fun is the effects: Sea legs dizzyness, loss of balance. Too much and you are basically Stiffler when he tranq darted himself in Old School

Enjoyment factor
: Make sure you have a comfortable place to sit down or say hello to the floor.
JtotheIzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: