Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 12-04-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default Heat desperately need a microwave

The Heat are sorely lacking in bench scoring.
I thought Beasley would be it this season again, but he has to start or the starting lineup is too weak offensively.

We need a player you can just flat out score off the bench.
Any thoughts?

I'm thinking we may need to swing a trade, but I get the feeling Riley is happy for us to sit around 0.55 all season rather than trade.

Earl Boykins would have been nice - maybe Gerald Green?

Or ideally Cook starts playing better. We need 12ppg from him.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Heat desperately need a microwave

That should be Cook, & his 1st game was great, but then he got hurt, & hasn't been the same since. + it was his right shooting shoulder that got fu<ked up. & it lingered for a while, but lets see if his few min of play last night proved to himself that he was healthy.

& what ever happens (this) year is a consolation prize, cause the main event starts on July of 2010.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

This is why I was pleading all along for Flip Murray. He ended up signing a 1yr deal with the Bobcats instead.

Only way we can get that type of player is through a trade. I would love to get Al Harrington (expirer) from the Knicks, or even Rafer Alston (expirer) from the Nets, but I'm not sure what the Heat could give in exchange to get such a player.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
This is why I was pleading all along for Flip Murray. He ended up signing a 1yr deal with the Bobcats instead.

Only way we can get that type of player is through a trade. I would love to get Al Harrington (expirer) from the Knicks, or even Rafer Alston (expirer) from the Nets, but I'm not sure what the Heat could give in exchange to get such a player.

sign me up for Alston, but at most i'd give is another expiring, a 2nd, & $cash$.

Another thing that i keep stressing is that we need to trade away Jones, $1.9mil buy out contract. If only Pat can get it done with a 2nd round pick.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
sign me up for Alston, but at most i'd give is another expiring, a 2nd, & $cash$.

Another thing that i keep stressing is that we need to trade away Jones, $1.9mil buy out contract. If only Pat can get it done with a 2nd round pick.
Well the only expirings that match up salary wise would be James Jones + another filler.

The Nets are also keying in on 2010 free agency (even though with the worst team in the league, it's 99% unlikely), so they wouldn't want Jones' buyout on the cap either.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Exactly, Jones would be perfect for us, but why would they want his $1.9mil buy out. Even if we gave them the money to buy him out it would still hit they're cap.
The only way it works is if we get another team, preferably one that is a playoff team, & is over the cap in 2010 so they wont care about the cap hit.

Jones, $2 mil, & a 2nd (all from MIA) to unknown team

unknown player, + whatever to the Nets

Alston to Miami.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Exactly, Jones would be perfect for us, but why would they want his $1.9mil buy out. Even if we gave them the money to buy him out it would still hit they're cap.
The only way it works is if we get another team, preferably one that is a playoff team, & is over the cap in 2010 so they wont care about the cap hit.

Jones, $2 mil, & a 2nd (all from MIA) to unknown team

unknown player, + whatever to the Nets

Alston to Miami.

Just cooked this one up : http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5316556

Miami: James Jones (to Utah) + 2nd & Cash (to NJ)
Jersey: Rafer Alston (to Miami)
Utah: Matt Harpring (to NJ)

I'll see what other people think
Old 12-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #8
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

I dont see either the Jazz, or NJN going for it.

NJN could get more then an end of the bench expiring for a PG who could start on some teams.

& the Jazz would not want to add the $1.9mil to their cap. Remember in the beginning of the season that the Jazz wanted to move Boozer cause of the tax hit?
Old 01-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #9
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

I hope the Heat sign Rashad McCants to a 10 day contract. They were looking at him over the offseason, but abdominal injuries removed interest... he should be recovered by now.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:11 PM   #10
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I hope the Heat sign Rashad McCants to a 10 day contract. They were looking at him over the offseason, but abdominal injuries removed interest... he should be recovered by now.

Not even sure why no one really is considering him. Not the brightest player out there, but the guy can score. And he could be a nice punch off any bench. He certainly would help the Heat, if he is in bball shape
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:24 PM   #11
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Wade
Q
Wright
Cook
Jones
Cuba
& even Chalmer can play SG.

Not saying if we got him (& he got min) he might help. But my point is that SPO will not play him over Wade, Q, Wright (both vet free agents, & good friend's with Wade), or should play over Cook, & Jones (Have contracts threw 2010). & Cuba at least already has a guaranteed contract for this year.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:01 AM   #12
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Wade
Q
Wright
Cook
Jones
Cuba
& even Chalmer can play SG.

Not saying if we got him (& he got min) he might help. But my point is that SPO will not play him over Wade, Q, Wright (both vet free agents, & good friend's with Wade), or should play over Cook, & Jones (Have contracts threw 2010). & Cuba at least already has a guaranteed contract for this year.
Except most of those guys aren't scorers

Obviously Rafer & Chalmers are the PG rotation, but as far as shooting guards and small forwards, Wade is the only one you can rely on to score out of the SG/SF position.

Either trade 2 of those guys for a good player (IE: Jones + Cook for Mike Miller), or go the 10-day contract route and experiment on guys like Von Wafer, Rashad McCants, etc...
Old 01-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #13
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Initially I was all for the Heat experimenting, but now I think a trade is in order for a nice veteran role player that we can re-sign next season on the cheap again. Also it would just make the team look a bit more reliable to Wade.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:14 PM   #14
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Except most of those guys aren't scorers

Obviously Rafer & Chalmers are the PG rotation, but as far as shooting guards and small forwards, Wade is the only one you can rely on to score out of the SG/SF position.

Either trade 2 of those guys for a good player (IE: Jones + Cook for Mike Miller), or go the 10-day contract route and experiment on guys like Von Wafer, Rashad McCants, etc...

I would do both. But i dont think Pat wants to trade Cook. Or do i see the WIZ accepting Jones. & he is the main one that i want to get rid of.

& even if we did sign McCants, Spo would probably not even give him min. Wade, Q, & Wright should be a given to get min. (Free agents need their min or they will throw a fit) We dont want trouble in the locker room.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:19 PM   #15
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Initially I was all for the Heat experimenting, but now I think a trade is in order for a nice veteran role player that we can re-sign next season on the cheap again. Also it would just make the team look a bit more reliable to Wade.

But like who do you recommend?

I would like to trade Cook, for D Jordan of the Clips to have to develop
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: