Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #46
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Nets win! Nets win! Nets win! Nets get first win of season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
You think your situation is bad? Look at the Raptors with Bargnani shooting three pointers all game and having nobody under the hoop for rebounds.
i don't fully understand this movement towards sharp-shooting big men. that skillset just doesn't seem like the best use of the 4-5 slots, but what do i know? i guess the prototype is nowitski, but even he has become a lot more than just a sharp-shooting threat.

Quote:
Considering that the Titanic division is horrible again, we need somebody to challenge the Celtics. My Raptors don`t have the core group of players to do that I don`t think..
there's nobody who can challenge for at least a couple years IMO. fortunately age should accomplish what none of the other four teams can. garnett's knees are already pretty bad, and when pierce starts to slow down then i don't see how they can recover...

Quote:
It's obvious the direction your ownership wants to take and they thought it was time to move on. But Carter could have been your clutch franchise player grooming other guys like Harris and Lee for another 2-3 years.
i can't argue with that, but you do understand the two main reasons we had to trade him, right? ie, 1) franchise losing money like crazy; 2) positioning ourselves for the 2010 chase.

anyway, about the raps... i still don't really get why you guys brought in turkoglu, nor why he wanted to leave orlando. was it really all about money? because he's a nice player and all, but he's fairly expensive and i have no idea how he helps the raps down the road...

what is your blueprint for the future, anyway? i guess it's hard to know until bosh is re-signed.

actually i see a lot of similarity between the raps and the nets in that very few FA's want to play for them. it really effing sucks that we always have to take a back seat to the payrolls and attractiveness of cities like NYC, chicago, LA...

although if the prokhorov plan comes through, this situation does a 180 for the nets.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:26 AM   #47
PREEMEVEK
Can barely lace up my sneakers

PREEMEVEK has an OK reputation so far
Default Nets win Nets win Nets win Nets get first win of season

This team sux and No Jermain Oneal? The Nets better win tonight.

32 pts in the 1st quarter.
PREEMEVEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #48
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
i don't fully understand this movement towards sharp-shooting big men. that skillset just doesn't seem like the best use of the 4-5 slots, but what do i know? i guess the prototype is Nowitzki, but even he has become a lot more than just a sharp-shooting threat.

Nowitzki can rebound and can play average team defence. Bargnani does not do neither of those things. At least not consistently. He will never be an All-Star player if his two-way game does not improve. There is a reason why the Hawks lit us up for 146 points.

I would much rather have a guy like Lopez than Bargnani. He plays great D, blocks shots and his offensive game is really starting to round into shape. Teams with shooting guard centers won`t win anything of substance unless you got a guy like Dampier paired with him to hold down the defence and get a few offensive reps.

Quote:
there's nobody who can challenge for at least a couple years IMO. fortunately age should accomplish what none of the other four teams can. garnett's knees are already pretty bad, and when pierce starts to slow down then i don't see how they can recoverÖ

I hate the Celtics. I hate how cocky they are. I guess they call it swagger nowadays. Itís annoying and I was so happy last season I thought KG was never going to be the same and that team would crumble but here we are. Rasheed Wallace and a healthy squad later you got the most annoying and arrogant team to play against. Ill give credit where credit is due, they are ridiculously good.

Quote:
anyway, about the raps... i still don't really get why you guys brought in turkoglu, nor why he wanted to leave orlando. was it really all about money? because he's a nice player and all, but he's fairly expensive and i have no idea how he helps the raps down the road...

I donít like the Turkoglu signing one bit. He will be a decent point forward to run the offence for the next two years but I predict he will slow down dramatically after that due to lack of athleticism and age. He will be making 10-12M those final three seasons and thatís way too much for someone who averages 14-4-4 IMO.

Quote:
what is your blueprint for the future, anyway? i guess it's hard to know until bosh is re-signed.

I really hope Bosh is signed and traded. I really like him as a player but if we could get a nice package of young players from a team like Golden State or Memphis it would be better for this team long-term. We cant have two jump shooting bigs and Colangelo has a man crush on Bargnani so he isnít going anywhere.

Quote:
actually i see a lot of similarity between the raps and the nets in that very few FA's want to play for them. it really effing sucks that we always have to take a back seat to the payrolls and attractiveness of cities like NYC, chicago, LA...

although if the prokhorov plan comes through, this situation does a 180 for the nets.

I think it all comes down to money 95% of the time. The other 5% just seems more significant because media whores like LeBron want to go to bigger markets for endorsements and exposure.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #49
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I hate the Celtics. I hate how cocky they are. I guess they call it swagger nowadays. It’s annoying and I was so happy last season I thought KG was never going to be the same and that team would crumble but here we are. Rasheed Wallace and a healthy squad later you got the most annoying and arrogant team to play against. Ill give credit where credit is due, they are ridiculously good.
i agree... the arrogance and smack-talk is bothersome. which made it all the more sweet when they got humbled in the playoffs last season... although i'm sure they seized on the excuse that garnett was injured, overlooking the fact that nelson was also.

Quote:
I don’t like the Turkoglu signing one bit. He will be a decent point forward to run the offence for the next two years but I predict he will slow down dramatically after that due to lack of athleticism and age. He will be making 10-12M those final three seasons and that’s way too much for someone who averages 14-4-4 IMO.
hmm... maybe they can trade him for an expirer to a contending team. he's one of the more valuable complimentary pieces in the league. as strange as it sounds, maybe orlando would be willing to do such a trade. gortat and bass have both been under-utilised and gortat is also pissed that they matched the mavs' offer for him... so you could probably have either one if you wanted, maybe even both. (i haven't looked at the salarys)

Quote:
I really hope Bosh is signed and traded. I really like him as a player but if we could get a nice package of young players from a team like Golden State or Memphis it would be better for this team long-term. We cant have two jump shooting bigs and Colangelo has a man crush on Bargnani so he isn’t going anywhere.
any interest in the nets' young players, other than lopez? we could also throw in some first round picks, since we have a surplus for the next three years.

Quote:
I think it all comes down to money 95% of the time. The other 5% just seems more significant because media whores like LeBron want to go to bigger markets for endorsements and exposure.
money's a factor, sure, but i don't think any FA wants to play at a crappy facility like the izod center in front of depressingly small crowds. after all, the nets have had one of the bigger payrolls in the league since around the kidd trade, but the biggest FA we could attract was a broken down abdur-raheem.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: