Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 12-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #16
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Greg Oden hurt left knee Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade

All teams have injuries throughout a season. It certainly does seem the Blazers have had more than their fair share this season. However, the Blazers are still a respectable team, will win 48-52 games this year, and will probably sneak into the playoffs.

How the hell do you figure that? We are 14-11, 4th in our division, and just lost 3 out of 4 (only beating a bad bad team, without their best player). We should have won 3 out of 4. We have such an easy schedule, and still would barely make the playoffs at this point. What happens when we play SA, LA, Denver?

This is ridiculous, and I'm going to be surprised if we make the playoffs this year.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #17
Renegade
I hit open layups

Renegade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo
How the hell do you figure that? We are 14-11, 4th in our division, and just lost 3 out of 4 (only beating a bad bad team, without their best player). We should have won 3 out of 4. We have such an easy schedule, and still would barely make the playoffs at this point. What happens when we play SA, LA, Denver?

This is ridiculous, and I'm going to be surprised if we make the playoffs this year.

Well let's wait to the end of the season and see where they stand.

You may be right (that's why they play a season). However, as you yourself said "but we also have a ton of talent still".

Last edited by Renegade : 12-14-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #18
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It would probably be too little, too late, but Oden isn't convinced he will miss the entire season. If he were to come back and immediately be where he left off, we could have a full team and actually make noise in the playoffs (if we get there). Probably wishful thinking, but its nice to have hope.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #19
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Awhile ago the doctors said there is no ligament damage and that the bone just needs to heal. Shouldn't really have any if much affect on his play like the microfracture crap.

As I see it from the way it's described, it's like breaking your arm or leg. Just need to let it heal then you'll be fine.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:53 AM   #20
Renegade
I hit open layups

Quote:

Apparently not.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #21
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Apparently not.

I think the "this is ridiculous" comment was about the number of injuries, not your statement. And it was ridiculous. Though, before the "this is ridiculous" comment, he was disputing your ideas about us winning 48-52 games, and I'm glad you were right and not him.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #22
Renegade
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I think the "this is ridiculous" comment was about the number of injuries, not your statement. And it was ridiculous. Though, before the "this is ridiculous" comment, he was disputing your ideas about us winning 48-52 games, and I'm glad you were right and not him.

You may be right, but the issue was the apparent write-off of the entire season in mid-December. As I mentioned in an earlier response there is a reason to play the entire season and the Blazers results demonstrate that.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #23
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

I get frustrated really easily with sports... I think Myth knows that. When I do I usually come to here and vent. Don't take everything I say too seriously when I'm mad.

But yeah, you were right
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #24
Renegade
I hit open layups

Quote:
I get frustrated really easily with sports... I think Myth knows that. When I do I usually come to here and vent. Don't take everything I say too seriously when I'm mad.

But yeah, you were right

Not an issue of right or wrong. Just that it is a really long season and many things can occur. After Oden went down the Blazers then lost Pryzbilla for the season and Roy for several weeks. On the other hand they traded for Camby which has proved to be an excellent move and may have saved the season for them.

Peace.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #25
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Not an issue of right or wrong. Just that it is a really long season and many things can occur. After Oden went down the Blazers then lost Pryzbilla for the season and Roy for several weeks. On the other hand they traded for Camby which has proved to be an excellent move and may have saved the season for them.

Peace.

& Bayless stepped up big time...

Do you guys think that last seasons team could've survived a injury plagued season like this?

There wasn't any real starting or quality centers on the block with expiring contracts, not as much depth as todays team & Bayless looked like trash last year LOL
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: