Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-03-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
beasly15
TEXANS

Default i hope i live to see the day a college football playoff system exists

college football needs a playoff system. every team deserves a chance just like in march madness. if the top teams are as good as they're supposed to be, then we should see. wasn't it utah last year that was pissed they didn't make the national championship?

it would just be interesting to see what would happen with certain teams. for example: the houston cougars did pretty good this year and keenum had a hell of a year but they won't get into any "big" games because of their conference and 2 losses. if somehow there was a playoff system and they were able to sneak in, i would love to see how they would do. maybe they get blown out, maybe they don't.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
Huey Freeman
PAO

Default Re: i hope i live to see the day a college football playoff system exists

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly15
college football needs a playoff system. every team deserves a chance just like in march madness. if the top teams are as good as they're supposed to be, then we should see. wasn't it utah last year that was pissed they didn't make the national championship?

it would just be interesting to see what would happen with certain teams. for example: the houston cougars did pretty good this year and keenum had a hell of a year but they won't get into any "big" games because of their conference and 2 losses. if somehow there was a playoff system and they were able to sneak in, i would love to see how they would do. maybe they get blown out, maybe they don't.
No offense, but when my alma mater (UCF) beat Houston and UCF is not particularly good this year I highly doubt Houston could beat teams like Florida, Alabama, Texas, etc.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
beasly15
TEXANS

Default Re: i hope i live to see the day a college football playoff system exists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
No offense, but when my alma mater (UCF) beat Houston and UCF is not particularly good this year I highly doubt Houston could beat teams like Florida, Alabama, Texas, etc.

i know houston isn't a great example but you know what i mean... different teams, different games, upsets, etc.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
Blzrfn
Decent playground baller

I would love to see it, but there is too much money tied up in these worthless bowl games right now. The only postseason game that I watch every year in College Football is the National Championship game, as that is the only one worth watching. The rest are a big waste, no matter what anyone says. And, it is unfortunate that it may be a long time, if ever, before these bowl games are done away with.
Blzrfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

I dont think anyone will be alive to see the day where money didnt matter.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: