Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Suh has been the best player ALL season long. Then he capped it off with a DOMINATING game vs the number 2 team in the nation.

He's a freakin DL leading one of the top defenses in the nation, in tackles. He leads Neb in tackles!! A sack per game from the DT position. The man is a beast.

Who was better ALL season long???

He's a beast, but I dont see how he is a better defensive player by a wide margin than Eric Berry. And Oklahomas Mccoy isnt too far behind at DT from Suh.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #17
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Suh. Arguably the most dominant season for a defensive player ever. Gerhart has had a great year, but he has feasted on some really bad defensive teams in the PAC-10. And his signature performance came against an ND team that I could probably run for 100 yards against. Ingram has also had a strong season, but that offensive line for Alabama is dominant.

McCoy/Tebow should not be there over Spiller either. I can make an argument that LeFevour from Central Michigan should get a spot over those 2 also.
Or the kid at QB for Boise.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #18
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
C.J. Spiller should be in NY over Tebow as well.

Agreed.

My list goes:

1. Gerhart
2. Suh
3. Ingram
4. Spiller
5. McCoy
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #19
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He's a beast, but I dont see how he is a better defensive player by a wide margin than Eric Berry. And Oklahomas Mccoy isnt too far behind at DT from Suh.

I honestly forgot about Eric Berry, he is a great player.

My hyperbole aside I still say Suh is the best in the nation by a decent margin. The three games I watched him play he was unreal, literally all over the field. He's unlike anything I've ever seen from a DL position.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
I honestly forgot about Eric Berry, he is a great player.

My hyperbole aside I still say Suh is the best in the nation by a decent margin. The three games I watched him play he was unreal, literally all over the field. He's unlike anything I've ever seen from a DL position.

He's a beast...and that game vsw Texas posted a video game statline. But you've honestly never seen dominance or that kind of dominance from the DL position ever?

T.Suggs? Tommie Harris? J.Peppers? J.Henderson? How about Warren Sapp?

Make no mistake Suh will go down as one of colleges best defensive players this decade. But I cant say he has been the best I've ever seen. I dont wanna come across like I'm trying to not give him props. But still no one til this day has moved me more than Warren Sapp did in college at DT.

It should be interesting to see who has the #1 pick. There isnt a QB that moves me to take #1 overall.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #21
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
He's a beast...and that game vsw Texas posted a video game statline. But you've honestly never seen dominance or that kind of dominance from the DL position ever?

T.Suggs? Tommie Harris? J.Peppers? J.Henderson? How about Warren Sapp?

Make no mistake Suh will go down as one of colleges best defensive players this decade. But I cant say he has been the best I've ever seen. I dont wanna come across like I'm trying to not give him props. But still no one til this day has moved me more than Warren Sapp did in college at DT.

It should be interesting to see who has the no.1 pick. There isnt a QB that moves me to take #1 overall.

Good points and I don't want to sound like I'm deifying him (I probably am, lol) but I honestly think he's at least the best since Sapp. Warren wrecked sh*t at the U and Tommie Harris was monsterous as well. I do think he notch above the Henderson's, Haynesworth's, Wistroms, etc.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #22
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool
As long as it's not a QB i will be happy. All the other 3 are more deserving.
This.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #23
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It should be interesting to see who has the #1 pick. There isnt a QB that moves me to take #1 overall.
Bradford is the most accurate QB that college football has seen in a very long time...and he is an extremely hard worker...

I can understand teams being scared of him because of the injury, but I think as long as he stays healthy he will be a star in the NFL...no question about it...

I bet Bradford would even be a star QB if he ended up on the Raiders...that is how confindent I am in him...

He is the best QB OU has ever had while I have been alive...(skill wise, not accomplishment wise)
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

It kinds sucks tho how difficult it is for a defensive player to win the Hesiman. Almost as unfair as the BCS system. Its pretty much been reserved for QB/RBs. What would Suh have to do to actually win it? Collect more sacks, tackles, and even intercept a certain amount of passes? Or did he have to be given the pigskin at the goaline to score touchdowns?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #25
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

McCoy > Suh anyway...

McCoy has been teh best DL in he country 2 years now and suddenly one game has Suh over him?

whatever the experts say I guess...

McCoy is gonna be a beast in the NFL though...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #26
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Suh was the most dominant player in cfb this year, he is a man among boys. That said, I think Ingram is going to win it after his performance against florida and the fact he plays for a SEC powerhouse.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:56 AM   #27
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Ingram should win and he's the only one with a realistic chance among my top 3 of Ingram, Gerhart and Suh. McKoy wasn't all that impressive this season and Tebow has never impressed me, but then again I'm an LSU guy. Suh won't win because defense practically never wins it. Spiller should be in NY like somebody else said. But I hope its either of the 2 RBs and not Tebow and Mckoy.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:43 AM   #28
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

id love for gerhart to win it, but anyone other than tebow would be good.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:26 AM   #29
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll be surprised if McCoy doesn't get. His performance in the Big 12 title game might have cost him what was shaping up to be a lifetime acheivement award type deal.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #30
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Feel like LeFevour and Kellen Moore were massive snubs from the award, sucks that it has become the top offensive player on the top teams award as opposed to truly being open to outstanding individual achievements.

Of those eligible, I think Suh and Gerhart should be 1-2, the order is immaterial really.

Ingram should be 3rd and I really don't care where you put the name entrants who don't deserve their positions.

Unfortunately I fully expect to see Ingram, McCoy and Tebow as 1-2-3
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: