Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #31
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

Kellen Moore should be headed to NY. He has thrown 39 td to 3 int while leading the nation with a QB rating of 167.3. He is also the star of a undefeated BCS team. Kinda pathetic that Tebow is headed there ahead of him.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #32
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What, no love for Joey Elliott?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #33
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who should win the Heisman Trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Gerhart's team wasn't good enough. Not enough wins. The voters will give it to McCoy, but Ingram deserves it the most.
yeah, I think mccoy is probably 4th but he'll win it.
It goes Suh, Ingram for me, but there is no way in hell Suh wins it
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #34
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This apparently very accurate site says it'll be Ingram 1st, Gerhart 2nd, Suh 3rd.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
McCoy > Suh anyway...

McCoy has been teh best DL in he country 2 years now and suddenly one game has Suh over him?

whatever the experts say I guess...

McCoy is gonna be a beast in the NFL though...

No he's not better. And I will agree Mccoy is behind Suh. But Suh is clearly the #1 DT prospect and arguably defensive prospect come draft time (I'm on the Eric Berry is as good as Suh campaign myself). And it hasnt been suddenly one game. First of all has Mccoy ever dominated a game the way Suh did vs Texas? Heck if Suh didnt pressure Colt that last play that game is over and its a win for Nebraska because Colt wouldnt have got rid of the ball as quick as he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJpuj...eature=related

Check replay...if Suh isnt in Colt face, that 1 second lucky bounce Colt got could be time expired BCS choas Sunday morning. Dont deny it, watch the replay.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #36
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
No he's not better. And I will agree Mccoy is behind Suh. But Suh is clearly the #1 DT prospect and arguably defensive prospect come draft time (I'm on the Eric Berry is as good as Suh campaign myself). And it hasnt been suddenly one game. First of all has Mccoy ever dominated a game the way Suh did vs Texas? Heck if Suh didnt pressure Colt that last play that game is over and its a win for Nebraska because Colt wouldnt have got rid of the ball as quick as he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJpuj...eature=related

Check replay...if Suh isnt in Colt face, that 1 second lucky bounce Colt got could be time expired BCS choas Sunday morning. Dont deny it, watch the replay.
hmm...

that is funny, Suh was so good he lost the game...

I wish Texas would have lost there...BCS drama = better hopes of a playoff future

on Suh vs. McCoy (Gerald)...I have only seen Nebraska play OU and that Texas game...so I just can't really say...I can tell you without hesitation though that Gerald McCoy has dominated many games...last year he was overshadowed by Bradford, and this year he got no cred because the team sucks...

I do keep up with prospect rankings (or whatever you want to call them) and I don't think I ever saw Suh ahead of Gerald UNTIL that texas game...it seems like that game put him over the top...

both players are pretty much the exact same size...I don't see how anyone can say one is better than the other right now...

I bet combine crap determines thier draft order...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #37
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Primetime, are you really saying a DT should be capable of winning a game by himself? Saying that about a QB is stupid, but at least somewhat understandable, but a DT is just outright dumb.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:29 PM   #38
methusala
Serious playground baller

methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board

Quote:
hmm...

that is funny, Suh was so good he lost the game...

What? Suh can't fix a shi*ty offense? By that thought G. McCoy is horse shi* because Oklahoma is a 7-5 team.

Quote:
on Suh vs. McCoy (Gerald)...I have only seen Nebraska play OU and that Texas game...so I just can't really say...I can tell you without hesitation though that Gerald McCoy has dominated many games...last year he was overshadowed by Bradford, and this year he got no cred because the team sucks...

Suh dominated every single game this season, and those in the know were high on him for a long time. McCoy did absolutely nothing against Matt freaking Pipho in the Miami game, and that's just one example.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:50 AM   #39
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Primetime, are you really saying a DT should be capable of winning a game by himself? Saying that about a QB is stupid, but at least somewhat understandable, but a DT is just outright dumb.
where did you get that?

GOBB pointed out that if Suh had not rushed Colt then Colt would have never thrown the ball and the clock would have expired...and Nebraska would have won...

that is all...

the rest was me comparing Gerald to Suh...
Old 12-09-2009, 12:52 AM   #40
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
Suh dominated every single game this season, and those in the know were high on him for a long time. McCoy did absolutely nothing against Matt freaking Pipho in the Miami game, and that's just one example.
Gerald was above Suh on mock drafts until just recently...
Old 12-09-2009, 01:41 AM   #41
methusala

methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board

Quote:
Gerald was above Suh on mock drafts until just recently...

And JaMarcus Russel was a #1 pick once. BFD.

Watch the two. Suh>McCoy and it's not really close.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:48 AM   #42
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
And JaMarcus Russel was a #1 pick once. BFD.

Watch the two. Suh>McCoy and it's not really close.
McCoy has been the #1 DT in all of college football for the last 2 years until this last game Suh had against Texas...

McCoy was ahead of him in mock drafts the whole damn year also...

I have watched them both...they are the exact same size, and yes, it is close...

can explain to me exactly what it is that makes Suh better?
Old 12-09-2009, 02:29 AM   #43
methusala

Who gives a fuc* about mock drafts? Really. Whooptee do.

Suh is more explosive, and has better technique. I have yet to see anyone come close to stopping him, let alone contain him. McCoy did nothing against a career backup in the Miami game.

A lot of people have been on the Suh bandwagon for months. Just because your ESPN mock drafts doesn't reflect it doesn't mean it's not reality.

Suh didn't get an invite to New York just because of his Texas performance. That campaign has been building for some time now.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:36 AM   #44
methusala

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Last update- Nov. 6. Suh #1

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

Dec. 3. Before Texas game. Suh #2.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock-Draf...ock-draft.html

Dec. 1. Again, before Texas game. Suh #1.

So that kind of blew up your "until the Texas game", and "the whole damn year" points.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:51 AM   #45
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

did you read all those?

first link:

Quote:
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: NDAMUKONG SUH, DT, NEBRASKA

Scouting Report
Once upon a time Tampa had the best set of defensive tackles in the league with Warren Sapp and Booger McFarland but those days are long gone. Chris Hovan is solid and Ryan Sims has managed to salvage his career to a degree but neither will be mistaken for a Pro Bowler anytime. After trading away Gaines Adams the Bucs now suffer from a severe lack of playmakers along their defensive line so unless a youngster like Roy Miller, Dre Moore or Kyle Moore emerges they will have to bring in a top talent up front. Itís rare to see a defensive tackle take over a game but that is exactly what Nebraskaís Ndamukong Suh has demonstrated the ability to do the past couple of years. Whether itís sacking the quarterback, making tackles behind the line of scrimmage or even intercepting passes, Suh is as dominant of a defensive tackle as the college game has seen in many years. Arguably the premier senior prospect in the country, Suh is a legitimate Top 5 talent and he would give the Buccaneers retooled defense a major boost. Tampa Bay could also opt for Oklahomaís Gerald McCoy, who is essentially in a dead heat with Suh for the top spot in the defensive tackle rankings, and Oklahoma St. wide receiver Dez Bryant might be a darkhorse.

second link:

Quote:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Tampa Bay is playing a lot better with Josh Freeman finally under center. Freeman has some ball security issues, but if he can get that taken care of, he'll lead the team to a few upsets down the stretch. I actually like Tampa Bay over Carolina - check out my NFL Picks page.

The Buccaneers don't need a left tackle, and there are no right ends or wide receivers worth taking this high (unless you're Al Davis, of course).

Defensive tackles usually aren't drafted this high, but Ndamukong Suh happens to be the one of the best players on the board at a big position of need. Eric Berry and Gerald McCoy both deserve some consideration here. Suh is just a better fit for Tampa Bay's defense than McCoy is.

By the way, if you're a Bucs fan, make sure you check out Pewter Report.com. It's the ultimate source for inside news on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, including all of the draft prospects they're targeting.

third link doesn't give input...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: