Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 04:36 AM   #46
methusala
Serious playground baller
 
methusala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 493
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

You're really reaching to defend whatever bias you have. I don't care, I don't have a dog in this fight.

You brought up the mock drafts. Mock drafts have Suh>McCoy, even before your Texas game deadline. Suh is already the better player, and your (backfiring) mock drafts paint the same picture.

And do you know how mock draft writeups work? They pick who they think is there, or will be there. Then say why. Then mention a few others to cover their as*es. That way if it later gets refuted, they can say "Well......we did consider him there". Which leads me to the next point-

Quote:
did you read all those?

And did you read who's name was listed first? Just answer me that. Who's name is listed first.

Last edited by methusala : 12-09-2009 at 04:39 AM.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:50 AM   #47
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,498
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
You're really reaching to defend whatever bias you have. I don't care, I don't have a dog in this fight.

You brought up the mock drafts. Mock drafts have Suh>McCoy, even before your Texas game deadline. Suh is already the better player, and your (backfiring) mock drafts paint the same picture.

And do you know how mock draft writeups work? They pick who they think is there, or will be there. Then say why. Then mention a few others to cover their as*es. That way if it later gets refuted, they can say "Well......we did consider him there". Which leads me to the next point-



And did you read who's name was listed first? Just answer me that. Who's name is listed first.
I already said I knew Suh's name was first...and apparently he was ahead on some before the Texas game...you got me there...

I know for a fact he wasn't ahead of McCoy on most lists mid season though...



and like I said earlier, they are so close that I bet the combine will determine everything between them...those mocks are never right this early...


YOU made seem as though Suh is head and shoulders above McCoy and it isn't even close...

Quote:
Watch the two. Suh>McCoy and it's not really close.

how about YOU watch the two of them...because the links you posted did...they both said McCoy could be an option instead of Suh...that they are neck and neck pretty much...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:10 AM   #48
methusala
Serious playground baller
 
methusala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 493
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
YOU made seem as though Suh is head and shoulders above McCoy and it isn't even close...



how about YOU watch the two of them...because the links you posted did...they both said McCoy could be an option instead of Suh...that they are neck and neck pretty much...

I hope someday you'll learn to think for yourself and not be a mouthpiece for others.

I've watched McCoy get dominated. I haven't watch Suh even get contained. McCoy is a fine player, gonna be a good one in the pros. But Suh is going to be a monster. He is a rare player. Therefore, Suh is ahead of McCoy, and it's not really close.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:26 AM   #49
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,498
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
I hope someday you'll learn to think for yourself and not be a mouthpiece for others.
what the hell does that mean?...I am the only one who even brought Gerald's name up in this thread...

I am the ONLY one that has McCoy over Suh in here I think...

I think it is pretty f*ckin obvious that it is me thinking for myself here and YOU clinging on to the Suh hype...

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
I've watched McCoy get dominated. I haven't watch Suh even get contained. McCoy is a fine player, gonna be a good one in the pros. But Suh is going to be a monster. He is a rare player. Therefore, Suh is ahead of McCoy, and it's not really close.
oh please do tell...

who exactly "dominated" McCoy???
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:42 AM   #50
methusala
Serious playground baller
 
methusala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 493
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
what the hell does that mean?...I am the only one who even brought Gerald's name up in this thread...

I am the ONLY one that has McCoy over Suh in here I think...

And your reasoning is basically that McCoy was rated higher in mock drafts from a few months ago, and was really good last season. Whoopee.

You have yet to offer any reasoning besides "others like him! he was really good last year!"

Quote:
I think it is pretty f*ckin obvious that it is me thinking for myself here and YOU clinging on to the Suh hype...

I've been putting Suh in the Heisman conversation since late September. But you're right, September is the same as December. It should be noted that I despise anything Nebraska.

Quote:
oh please do tell...

who exactly "dominated" McCoy???

3rd times a charm, Matt Pipho. McCoy was a complete non-factor in that game.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:48 AM   #51
methusala
Serious playground baller
 
methusala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 493
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

Just offer one good piece of evidence, based of your own opinion and nobody elses, on why McCoy is better than Suh. You haven't even done that.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:02 AM   #52
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,498
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
Just offer one good piece of evidence, based of your own opinion and nobody elses, on why McCoy is better than Suh. You haven't even done that.
I said in my first post in here that I only watched Suh twice this year...Nebraska/OU and Nebraska/Texas

I have watched every single OU game for the last 15+ years though...

I also watched OU beat Nebraska last year 62 to 28...Bradford was only sacked once, not by Suh, who did have 4 tackles...but OU had 193 rushing yards...(of coarse you will just say that was last year)

I can't say that one is better than the other but I do know that you can't go wrong with McCoy, he would have been an NFL probowler not only this year but also last year...

The one thing that I can say McCoy has over Suh is that he has been dominating longer than Suh, and has captured people's attention long before Suh had...that is it...

are you a Husker fan I assume?

how about you tell me what makes Suh better instead of "it isn't even close"...YOUR TURN ("you haven't even done that blah blah blah")

Last edited by ~primetime~ : 12-09-2009 at 06:05 AM.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:19 AM   #53
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,498
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

Suh us also a senior, he has been at Nebraska for 5 years...


McCoy redshirted the 2006 NCAA football season.

In 2007, the Big 12 named McCoy the Defensive Freshman of the Year.[5] He finished the 2007 season with 19 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, and two sacks.[6]

As a third-year sophomore in 2008, McCoy led all Oklahoma interior defensive lineman with 30 tackles and was second on the team with 6.5 quarterback sacks, including two sacks against Texas. He helped the Sooners to reach the 2009 BCS National Championship Game and recorded his first career interception. McCoy was named "Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year" by the Dallas Morning News and was a consensus All-America selection.

Despite having been considered one of the top prospects for the 2009 NFL Draft, McCoy chose to return to Oklahoma for his junior season.[7] Rivals.com ranked him as the No. 2 defensive tackle in college football in 2009.[8]

As of May 2009[update], he is assumed to be a top-5 in the 2010 NFL Draft and projects as either a 4-3 "three-technique" defensive tackle or a 3-4 defensive end at the professional level.[1][2][9][10]

On November 10, McCoy was named one of four finalists for the 2009 Lombardi Award.[11] McCoy is the only non-senior on a list that also includes Terrence Cody, Jerry Hughes, and Ndamukong Suh.




one year younger...

that is "SOMETHING"...lol
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:24 AM   #54
methusala
Serious playground baller
 
methusala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 493
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I said in my first post in here that I only watched Suh twice this year...Nebraska/OU and Nebraska/Texas

I have watched every single OU game for the last 15+ years though...

I also watched OU beat Nebraska last year 62 to 28...Bradford was only sacked once, not by Suh, who did have 4 tackles...but OU had 193 rushing yards...(of coarse you will just say that was last year)

Damn right I will. Because that was last year. I guess guys don't develop anything.

Quote:
I can't say that one is better than the other


O Rly? Is that why you said-

Quote:
McCoy > Suh anyway...

So you did, but now you can't. I see how that works.

Quote:
but I do know that you can't go wrong with McCoy, he would have been an NFL probowler not only this year but also last year...

The one thing that I can say McCoy has over Suh is that he has been dominating longer than Suh, and has captured people's attention long before Suh had...that is it...

Figures. No real reasoning.

Quote:
are you a Husker fan I assume?

Christ.

Quote:
It should be noted that I despise anything Nebraska.


Eh? Try again. Since you've watched "15+ years of Oklahoma football", can I call you a biased homer? I've said once that I have no real dog in this fight, then later clarified that I HATE Nebraska. But I guess I'd miss those points on purpose too, cuz that only gets in the way of sweet arguments.

So either you haven't watched every game, or you are a ridiculous homer. Because McCoy might as well have not even made the trip to the 305, when he got ambushed by a career backup.

Quote:
how about you tell me what makes Suh better instead of "it isn't even close"...YOUR TURN ("you haven't even done that blah blah blah")

Once again, Christ. I've already answered why. It's only a few short posts up if you want to confirm it. Even expanded on it a few times.

Just to summarize, you can wholeheartedly say that "McCoy>Suh", but then you can't. And your reasoning is based off of last year and mock drafts. Sweet. You've convinced me. No real reasoning, but that's not stopping you.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:33 AM   #55
methusala
Serious playground baller
 
methusala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 493
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Suh us also a senior, he has been at Nebraska for 5 years...


McCoy redshirted the 2006 NCAA football season.

In 2007, the Big 12 named McCoy the Defensive Freshman of the Year.[5] He finished the 2007 season with 19 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, and two sacks.[6]

As a third-year sophomore in 2008, McCoy led all Oklahoma interior defensive lineman with 30 tackles and was second on the team with 6.5 quarterback sacks, including two sacks against Texas. He helped the Sooners to reach the 2009 BCS National Championship Game and recorded his first career interception. McCoy was named "Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year" by the Dallas Morning News and was a consensus All-America selection.

Despite having been considered one of the top prospects for the 2009 NFL Draft, McCoy chose to return to Oklahoma for his junior season.[7] Rivals.com ranked him as the No. 2 defensive tackle in college football in 2009.[8]

As of May 2009[update], he is assumed to be a top-5 in the 2010 NFL Draft and projects as either a 4-3 "three-technique" defensive tackle or a 3-4 defensive end at the professional level.[1][2][9][10]

On November 10, McCoy was named one of four finalists for the 2009 Lombardi Award.[11] McCoy is the only non-senior on a list that also includes Terrence Cody, Jerry Hughes, and Ndamukong Suh.




one year younger...

that is "SOMETHING"...lol

How long are your arms? I see that you are really good at making long reaches. Something of an Oklahoma based website brings what exactly to this conversation? Nothing? Ok. Just checking.

McCoy is one year younger. So that makes him better? If that's the case, then Allen Bailey takes a fat shi* on McCoy's face.

Can you give me a breakdown of McCoy the player? How's his lateral movement? His quickness? Explosiveness? How good is he at shedding blocks? Anything of that nature compared to Suh?
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:59 AM   #56
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles
 
UConnCeltics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,884
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I also watched OU beat Nebraska last year 62 to 28...Bradford was only sacked once, not by Suh, who did have 4 tackles...but OU had 193 rushing yards...(of coarse you will just say that was last year)
Prime, last year was just a special year for Oklahoma. You could put Selvie, Suh, McCoy, and Dunlap on the defensive line and they still wouldn't have gotten more than 3 sacks. That O-Line was massive and well-coached, as well as having a smart QB behind them that was in the shotgun the majority of the time.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #57
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,466
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

primetime isnt bright when it comes to college football. He is a blatant Oklahoma homer. And when attempting to arguing sounds stupid. Where did I blame Suh for losing the game? I merely pointed out that the last play he was STILL in Colts back pocket and forced Colt to get rid of the ball. Highlighting his dominant performance that you have YET to show me Mccoy has done to rival it. But somehow you take what I said as to imply Suh lost the game for Nebraska. Suh was a top 10 prospect before the college season. He elivated as the season progressed to #1 overall. He's a more versatile player than Mccoy.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #58
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,498
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
primetime isnt bright when it comes to college football. He is a blatant Oklahoma homer. And when attempting to arguing sounds stupid. Where did I blame Suh for losing the game? I merely pointed out that the last play he was STILL in Colts back pocket and forced Colt to get rid of the ball. Highlighting his dominant performance that you have YET to show me Mccoy has done to rival it. But somehow you take what I said as to imply Suh lost the game for Nebraska. Suh was a top 10 prospect before the college season. He elivated as the season progressed to #1 overall. He's a more versatile player than Mccoy.
how about McCoy in the National Championship LAST FREAKIN YEAR!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omhi5KjPW3s

^^^ there you go...about 20 plays there that rival Suh acciendently forcing Colt to win the game...

yeah, OU lost the game, just like Nebraska lost to Texas, but McCoy was EVERYWHERE...

don't tell me I am not the bright one on college football when it seems like I am the only person here that even knows the guy existed...

I already said it is impossible to say who is better...I am not going to act as though McCoy is hands down better, but YOU shouldn't act like you know he is hands down worse just because he leaped McCoy on a few boards (that will likely change come draft day)...

No one here can watch every college star...it is impossible

even if Dez Bryant played this year, I couldn't say I saw alot of it because most of OSU's game's are not available to me here in Texas...we get the highlights and ESPN, like we did with Moss in Marshall, and that is it...

same with Suh, some of you are calling him head and shoulders better than McCoy, when I know damn well Husker games are a rarity for alot of you...(you got to see a Texas game)
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #59
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,466
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

You're so annoying because you are a total failure at reading and comprehending. First you claim I said Suh lost the game for Nebraska, and now you're claiming I implied Suh accidently forced Colt to win the game. Me pointing out that last play was just highlighting what Suh was doin that entire game. He was owning Texas and in Colts backpocket. Had Suh not been in Colt face Nebraska probably wins. But that has nothing to do with his dominant performance nor anything with the comparison of DT Mccoy. It was funny to me that Suh should have played like Mccoy and maybe Colt gets rid of the ball a second too late and we are here arguing BCS choas. But we're not.

Heading into the season Suh was a top 10 NFL prospect. As the season progressed he started turning heads. It wasnt overnight nor was it 1 game (Texas). The entire season he dominated from every aspect you could think of. The only thing the Texas game did was make him the #1 rated prospects in the draft.

So now you're playing the "you didnt see every game from Suh" card because your arguments are getting bytchslapped. Typical primetime. you talk out your ass, get challenged and search for something to help your cause so in the end you can atleast save face. The funny thing is you can throw your silly logic back in your face and watch yourself choke. Watch.

You claim AP is the best RB in the NFL. And you get how many Vikings games since he's been in the NFL primetime? How many games do you get with Chris Johnson, another RB some say based on this year is as good as AP. I'm sure you'd say BS to that. But how? How many games have you actually seen being a Cowboys fan primetime? So whats with this strong opinion argument in defense of AP all the time? Or how about when you rank players you do so not having watched 80% of the list? How many games primetime have you watched of Calvin Johnson WR from Detroit? Reggie Wayne from Indy? Now lets switch to college, J.Best RB from Cal? A.Benn WR from Illinois?

Oh whats that? You havent watched much of these guys but you are on a sportsboard arguing about players you most likely saw minimal of? And I wouldnt even put much stock into your eye for talent/evaluating skills if you saw someone a great deal. You could see an NFL player for 16 games and report back BS. So miss me with your changing of arguments since you first popped off at the mouth.

This is your initial response...

Quote:
McCoy > Suh anyway...

McCoy has been teh best DL in he country 2 years now and suddenly one game has Suh over him?

whatever the experts say I guess...

McCoy is gonna be a beast in the NFL though...

But before that post this is what you wrote when i said it'll be interesting to see who has the #1 pick because there is no QB in the draft that moves me. And that was directed to would Suh go #1 overall no matter who was drafting. Because a team could invest millions into a QB than a DT especially if a QB were a need. Like St Rams most likely will look QB because if Marc Bulger shaky career. And here you come in response to me not being moved by any QB in this draft class reply...

Quote:
Bradford is the most accurate QB that college football has seen in a very long time...and he is an extremely hard worker...

I can understand teams being scared of him because of the injury, but I think as long as he stays healthy he will be a star in the NFL...no question about it...

I bet Bradford would even be a star QB if he ended up on the Raiders...that is how confindent I am in him...

He is the best QB OU has ever had while I have been alive...(skill wise, not accomplishment wise)

Oh wow another Oklahoma player primetime is boosting. Never seen THAT before. So take your blatant homerism and shove it up your ass.

Mccoy is the 2nd best DT and will not slip/go far behind Suh after he is selected. And there could be a chance he goes ahead of Suh. Always a possibility. Ther gap/margin isnt significant between the two but Suh is more versatile and can play in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense whereas Mccoy can not. And if there is anything to question about Suh its will he be an elite pass rusher at the next level picking up where he left off in college. Suh dominated in ways DTs normally dont.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #60
One Love
Gunsmoke
 
One Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Under a roof
Posts: 310
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

CJ Spiller should win it, the dude's ridiculous.

but seriously I think McCoy will win it.
One Love is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy