Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #61
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who should win the Heissman Trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You're so annoying because you are a total failure at reading and comprehending. First you claim I said Suh lost the game for Nebraska, and now you're claiming I implied Suh accidently forced Colt to win the game. Me pointing out that last play was just highlighting what Suh was doin that entire game. He was owning Texas and in Colts backpocket. Had Suh not been in Colt face Nebraska probably wins. But that has nothing to do with his dominant performance nor anything with the comparison of DT Mccoy. It was funny to me that Suh should have played like Mccoy and maybe Colt gets rid of the ball a second too late and we are here arguing BCS choas. But we're not.

Heading into the season Suh was a top 10 NFL prospect. As the season progressed he started turning heads. It wasnt overnight nor was it 1 game (Texas). The entire season he dominated from every aspect you could think of. The only thing the Texas game did was make him the #1 rated prospects in the draft.

So now you're playing the "you didnt see every game from Suh" card because your arguments are getting bytchslapped. Typical primetime. you talk out your ass, get challenged and search for something to help your cause so in the end you can atleast save face. The funny thing is you can throw your silly logic back in your face and watch yourself choke. Watch.

You claim AP is the best RB in the NFL. And you get how many Vikings games since he's been in the NFL primetime? How many games do you get with Chris Johnson, another RB some say based on this year is as good as AP. I'm sure you'd say BS to that. But how? How many games have you actually seen being a Cowboys fan primetime? So whats with this strong opinion argument in defense of AP all the time? Or how about when you rank players you do so not having watched 80% of the list? How many games primetime have you watched of Calvin Johnson WR from Detroit? Reggie Wayne from Indy? Now lets switch to college, J.Best RB from Cal? A.Benn WR from Illinois?

Oh whats that? You havent watched much of these guys but you are on a sportsboard arguing about players you most likely saw minimal of? And I wouldnt even put much stock into your eye for talent/evaluating skills if you saw someone a great deal. You could see an NFL player for 16 games and report back BS. So miss me with your changing of arguments since you first popped off at the mouth.

This is your initial response...

But before that post this is what you wrote when i said it'll be interesting to see who has the #1 pick because there is no QB in the draft that moves me. And that was directed to would Suh go #1 overall no matter who was drafting. Because a team could invest millions into a QB than a DT especially if a QB were a need. Like St Rams most likely will look QB because if Marc Bulger shaky career. And here you come in response to me not being moved by any QB in this draft class reply...

Oh wow another Oklahoma player primetime is boosting. Never seen THAT before. So take your blatant homerism and shove it up your ass.

Mccoy is the 2nd best DT and will not slip/go far behind Suh after he is selected. And there could be a chance he goes ahead of Suh. Always a possibility. Ther gap/margin isnt significant between the two but Suh is more versatile and can play in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense whereas Mccoy can not. And if there is anything to question about Suh its will he be an elite pass rusher at the next level picking up where he left off in college. Suh dominated in ways DTs normally dont.
I have conceded like 3 times now that I can't say that one is better than the other...I guess you guys just need to here me say "you were right" in order to stop pretending as though I am arguing otherwise?

I also conceded that it wasn't the Texas game alone that did this...(although I never heard any of you MFers talk about him till then)...that is still irellevent

I don't want to talk about your ramblings about me being a OU homer...I am one...fine whatever...let's focus on the red part, where you acctually try to break down these two guys...

What makes you think that McCoy can't play in both a 4-3 or 3-4?

you accuse me of talking out of my ass every time you quote me, well here is me accusing you of talking out of yours...

please explain to me exactly why it is you think mcCoy isn't capable of that...???

do you even know what kind of defense OU runs right now?
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #62
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
And there could be a chance he goes ahead of Suh. Always a possibility. Ther gap/margin isnt significant between the two

^^^ that is called "GOBB insurance"...

you know, just in case...
Old 12-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #63
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
^^^ that is called "GOBB insurance"...

you know, just in case...

Hardly, I understand the draft, team needs and thru time some teams have thier own "liking" of a player. whether its individual workout, combine or just thier gut says he is who I want. Thru the history of the NFL draft its never ever gone based on rankings nor who was the better player at the time.

Last draft Michael Crabtree was the best WR in the draft. He went after D.Heyward-Bey. Why? Jeremy Maclin was regarded as the 2nd best WR in the class. Fell to the Eagles. Why? Desean Jackson was a first round lock. Projection top 10-15 pick. Went 2nd round. Why?

Me saying there is a chance Mccoy goes over Suh isnt to say he is a better player/DT. Its to say I understand the NFL draft and a team may feel Mccoy is the best fit for them or simply like him better. I know how people like you work. Draft time comes around, Mccoy goes ahead of Suh and its justification in your argument Mccoy > Suh. When in reality just because a guy gets drafted over another doesnt mean he is better. But guys like you dont think that way hence why the comment you quoted.

I would ask if you follow but chances are? Probably not.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #64
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Hardly, I understand the draft, team needs and thru time some teams have thier own "liking" of a player. whether its individual workout, combine or just thier gut says he is who I want. Thru the history of the NFL draft its never ever gone based on rankings nor who was the better player at the time.

Last draft Michael Crabtree was the best WR in the draft. He went after D.Heyward-Bey. Why? Jeremy Maclin was regarded as the 2nd best WR in the class. Fell to the Eagles. Why? Desean Jackson was a first round lock. Projection top 10-15 pick. Went 2nd round. Why?

Me saying there is a chance Mccoy goes over Suh isnt to say he is a better player/DT. Its to say I understand the NFL draft and a team may feel Mccoy is the best fit for them or simply like him better. I know how people like you work. Draft time comes around, Mccoy goes ahead of Suh and its justification in your argument Mccoy > Suh. When in reality just because a guy gets drafted over another doesnt mean he is better. But guys like you dont think that way hence why the comment you quoted.

I would ask if you follow but chances are? Probably not.
yeah I follow, (unlike you following me), anything can happen in the draft, including those scouts determining that McCoy is the more athletic player during the combine...

It is clear you either missed my first reply to that post you made, or you are ignoring my questions...

this is like the 4th time you keep pretending as though I am sticking with "McCoy > Suh"...

serioulsy, do you even read my posts or do you just type what you want?

how about you answer my questions regarding McCoy in the 3-4/4-3 ???

repeat...(just in case)

how about you answer my questions regarding McCoy in the 3-4/4-3 ???
Old 12-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #65
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

primetime makes my brain hurt
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #66
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
primetime makes my brain hurt
what part? nothing I am saying here is the least bit hard to understand...I just had to repeat it because it got ignored...
Old 12-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #67
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I have conceded like 3 times now that I can't say that one is better than the other...I guess you guys just need to here me say "you were right" in order to stop pretending as though I am arguing otherwise?

I also conceded that it wasn't the Texas game alone that did this...(although I never heard any of you MFers talk about him till then)...that is still irellevent

I don't want to talk about your ramblings about me being a OU homer...I am one...fine whatever...let's focus on the red part, where you acctually try to break down these two guys...

What makes you think that McCoy can't play in both a 4-3 or 3-4?

you accuse me of talking out of my ass every time you quote me, well here is me accusing you of talking out of yours...

please explain to me exactly why it is you think mcCoy isn't capable of that...???

do you even know what kind of defense OU runs right now?

Suh can play NT in a 3-4, DE in a 3-4 and DT in a 4-3. Mccoy skills are best suited in a 4-3 as a DT. He's a 1 gap DT.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #68
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I didnt see ur first question...im playing call of duty m2.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #69
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
what part? nothing I am saying here is the least bit hard to understand...I just had to repeat it because it got ignored...

Of course you arent hard to understand, its the fact that you are incapable of understanding what other people are saying.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #70
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Of course you arent hard to understand, its the fact that you are incapable of understanding what other people are saying.
no...I am pretty sure I got everything

is there a spicific part you want to point out that you think I didn't get somewhere?
Old 12-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #71
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Suh can play NT in a 3-4, DE in a 3-4 and DT in a 4-3. Mccoy skills are best suited in a 4-3 as a DT. He's a 1 gap DT.
he played both this year...4-3 and 3-4

he can play NT fine...

yeah apparently scouts are saying Suh is more suited for Tampa than McCoy is but most of them also go on to say that McCoy is a legit option as well...from what I have been reading, it does look to me as though it will be the combine that seperates these two...the places that are saying that Suh is the hands down #1 need to slow the f*ck down...he might be right now, but that can change very easily...
Old 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #72
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Playing NT and being effective at it are two different things. No one is projecting Mccoy in the 3-4 for good reason. Smarten up. And individual workouts will determine alot. Someone may just feel Mccoy is better, better fit for thier system. At the end of the day regardless who you feel is better. Both will be gone early.

Mccoy = Kevin Williams
Suh = John Randle, Richard Seymour

Last edited by GOBB : 12-09-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #73
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Playing NT and being effective at it are two different things. No one is projecting Mccoy in the 3-4 for good reason. Smarten up. And individual workouts will determine alot. Someone may just feel Mccoy is better, better fit for thier system. At the end of the day regardless who you feel is better. Both will be gone early.

Mccoy = Kevin Williams
Suh = John Randle, Richard Seymour
dude that just isn't true, he was he projected #1 at the start of the year that wasn't a QB, regardless of the defensive scheme...

yes, I am reading some say that Suh fits better but at the same time, I am also reading them say that McCoy could easily fit just as well...
Old 12-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #74
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
dude that just isn't true, he was he projected #1 at the start of the year that wasn't a QB, regardless of the defensive scheme...

yes, I am reading some say that Suh fits better but at the same time, I am also reading them say that McCoy could easily fit just as well...

Do your homework.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #75
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Suh deserves it the most. 2 years ago, NU had one of the worst defenses in the nation and now they have one of the best. 2 years ago, they gave up 158 points in their last 3 games that season. They've given up a total of 146 points for this entire season. He leads all DL in tackles with 82. The next closest player has 76 and the #3 guy is his teammate, Jared Crick, with 72 (who benefited from Suh's double teams).

Quote:
I haven't watch Suh even get contained.

KU did a pretty good job against him. It's fine though since he kicked their asses last season.

I don't know what PT is talking about, Suh has been getting pub since last season. He had some sick athletic plays considering his size last season. He would have gotten much more attention last year if the defense wasn't carrying around the stigma from the Cally years. I'm glad he's getting a lot of attention right now, though it's unfortunate it took all the way to the Texas game for many to start talking about him.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: