Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #1
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool
Default Let's all improve the board starting right now

The season starts tomorrow, so we've got to make the shift from summer mode to regular mode.

OT posts - The reason people post OT stuff on this board is because they worry nobody will see it in the OT forum. People then see those posts (here) and assume there is no need for them to go to the OT forum, because the best OT posts will end up on this one. It's a self-perpetuating problem with an easy solution:

If we simply stop 100% of the OT posts here, people will visit the OT forum, and the posts you make there will be seen.

"But OT posts are what makes ISH what it is."

ISH has changed. What worked perfectly when there were 10-20 regular users doesn't work so well when there are 200 regulars. Their are lots of people who want to talk about music, girls, movies, football, politics, etc, and there is a great place for all of this to take place. Mods, please get in the habit of moving every OT post so that the OT forum transforms into a place worth visiting. If the OT forum becomes a fun place to visit, the whole thing becomes a non-issue.

Game threads - Let's keep game threads for games that aren't nationally televised in the team forums. It's only fans of the teams that care about these threads anyway, and it'll encourage growth within the team forum communities.

Trash-talk/roasting/taunting - I hate to be the "check yourself" guy, but I think we've gone too far with this stuff. We all know that it actually is funny a lot of the time, and most of us get a chuckle out of reading it. The problem is that it's created an atmosphere where 90% of the posters here are anonymous non-personalities who change their account name by the month, and are afraid to be themselves. They see all the crap that Shogon, GeeWiz and Hawker put up with, and don't want to be the next target. Plus, being the playground bully is sort of lame in the first place. Keep the trash talking among friends, and mods, this one is really on you. Just delete the personal insults if they seem to be mean-spirited, and leave a message in their place explaining why they were removed.

Anybody else have suggestions for how we can make this place a future first ballot MBHOFer?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:03 AM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Completely agree

Last edited by insidehoops : 10-30-2006 at 11:09 AM.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:17 AM   #3
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Lightbulb It is up to the fans and bandwagoners to make this place better

Laker fans can make a difference by respecting other team forums and not
high jacking other forums and complaining about it in that team's forum.
I for one pledge to not make any posts in the Laker forum because
it is pure waste of time. Laker fans can have the bandwagoning all
to themselves.

I will continue to post intelligently in other team forums about players and issues on their teams along with posting in the CLIPPER FORUM

All team forums need mods. Many team forums dont have them.
The Mods need to lock threads too. (There is a thread in the Clipper
Forum...TT vs VLAD which needs locking...because it is one of garbage
time threads that you all are talking about. :stupid: )
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:28 AM   #4
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

i agree. ill get my season typnig fingers on.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:50 AM   #5
Chachi-in-Charge
ILLest EVA!

Chachi-in-Charge has an OK reputation so far

Sounds great guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chachi-in-Charge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far

You know, why don't we have a game thread forum? Would that make too much sense?
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:42 PM   #7
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Darkess has not been impressing people

makes a lot of sense to me
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:01 PM   #8
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboloid
You know, why don't we have a game thread forum? Would that make too much sense?
Unneccesary. If I want to discuss the Bucks game, I'm going to want to talk with other Bucks fans, and the Bucks forum is the best place for that. If we don't discuss games in the team forum, what do we discuss there?

If the Lakers or Cavs (or anybody theoretically, though in reality those are the only teams that get airtime) are on TNT, the majority of posters here will be talking about that game, so it belongs on the main forum.

By the way, have you guys checked out the game thread in the Bucks forum? It's the gold standard for what all game threads should look like. Pure excitement.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:02 PM   #9
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboloid

That a great idea, because all the raps fans including me type alot in the raptors game threads. So jaff make a game htread board if you can please lol.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:04 PM   #10
adamcz
Bucks fan

Why don't Raptors fans have game threads in the Raptors forum?
Old 10-30-2006, 01:07 PM   #11
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thats true but lets say fans from the other teams want to comment on the game also. It would be easier if they can find it on a gamethread board.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #12
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

or they could just talk in the raptors forum
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:15 PM   #13
eboloid
Flash Gordo

I know I'd just prefer it to have all game threads in one forum instead of having to jump through a dozen team forums. I don't know if it's within the capabilities of this vbulletin system to have a single thread linked to multiple forums, that would be ideal.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:51 PM   #14
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
I'd just prefer it to have all game threads in one forum instead of having to jump through a dozen team forums.
There are days when you want to discuss a dozen different games? I thought most people were like me, in that they want to discuss the game that they're watching. If you aren't watching a game, what's there to talk about?

If there was a game thead forum, it would take some really heavy policing to move all the game threads there and force people to discuss games there. It would also really limit the purpose of the team forums.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #15
eboloid
Flash Gordo

Well, I mostly want to read.

I realize that it's kind of idiotic to read running one-liner commentary on on-going games, but all I get here is two games a week and I'm really starved for entertainment.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: