Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-30-2006, 02:03 PM   #16
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

ebloid, maybe you could find some like-minded people who want to discuss every game in the chat room. I don't know if anybody uses the chat room now, but that seems like the best way to discuss ten different topics at once when starved for entertainment.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:39 PM   #17
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I actually agree with eboloid. A Games Forum would be a neat idea. Each nights games are stickied, but nothing is deleted, so you can still have debates at that board. Once the night is over, they're unstickied. You could have 2-3 Mods who might be willing to take the time to create each thread, and only the Mods would have the power to do that. The you could have a specific thread on a specific board for people who want to say "did you just check that dunk" and stuff like that. And I'm sure that you Adam, of all people, know that a lot of the Team forums are completely underused, like the Bucks, Wizards, Hornets, and a few others. It'd just be a neat idea I think.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:46 PM   #18
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
And I'm sure that you Adam, of all people, know that a lot of the Team forums are completely underused, like the Bucks, Wizards, Hornets, and a few others. It'd just be a neat idea I think.
That's the thing - I'm hoping that game threads would be one of the things that could bring some activity to the currently dead Bucks forum. If Bucks fans go to a different forum to discuss the games, what will they come to the Bucks forum for? Do some teams just not need a forum?
Old 10-30-2006, 03:59 PM   #19
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
That's the thing - I'm hoping that game threads would be one of the things that could bring some activity to the currently dead Bucks forum. If Bucks fans go to a different forum to discuss the games, what will they come to the Bucks forum for? Do some teams just not need a forum?

Kind of seems that way, doesn't it? But I suppose I agree, it would be nice to get some of the team forums more active. The Wizards forum is the one that I go to most frequently (along with the Lakers) but there's never anything happening there. No new topics. Kind of boring.

I think it'd just be nice to have all the game thread in the same place, stickied to the top of a specific "Games" board, so you wouldn't have to hunt around all of the team forums to comment on a variety of different games. Which is what I personally would like to do.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:26 PM   #20
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Game threads - Let's keep game threads for games that aren't nationally televised in the team forums. It's only fans of the teams that care about these threads anyway, and it'll encourage growth within the team forum communities.
I think there should be a game thread forum. I want to hear the input of the other teams' fans. Not just my own (because there are prescious few other Wiz fans, and only one other regular poster).

I think the team forums are just retarded to begin with. even though I mod one. I haven't been there since the day I got appointed. if traffic picks up then fine but... still waiting. there's no fanbase.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:18 PM   #21
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

With a general NBA forum that's so active and generates so much discussion, trying to separate the message board fan base into 30 forums is silly. Because the NBA forum is so popular, the team forum's just aren't ever going to do well. The NBA forum is too established. Therefore, having the game threads in the team forums is a waste of time.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:55 PM   #22
adamcz
Bucks fan

I agree with you saKf, but if game threads don't happen there, nothing will. The team forums should be supported or aborted.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:09 PM   #23
KnickFan4Life
Banned

KnickFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Let's all improve the board
no
KnickFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:19 PM   #24
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A better board starts with the mods themselves... ain't happening anytime soon.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:10 PM   #25
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi-in-Charge
Sounds great guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get out of here Chachi before I bully the hell out of you!

On a side note, the OT forum is really picking up, and it's actually enjoyable to post in there.
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:23 PM   #26
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I think there should be a game thread forum. I want to hear the input of the other teams' fans. Not just my own (because there are prescious few other Wiz fans, and only one other regular poster).

I think the team forums are just retarded to begin with. even though I mod one. I haven't been there since the day I got appointed. if traffic picks up then fine but... still waiting. there's no fanbase.

As a mod, one of your main responsibilites would be to go out and bring new posters and create a fanbase, not just sit back and hope people join and create the fanbase. If that's the case, then you shouldn't be a mod.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:28 PM   #27
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
As a mod, one of your main responsibilites would be to go out and bring new posters and create a fanbase
What??? That's a little silly. What are the mods supposed to do, take out ads in their local newspaper? Pass out fliers on the subway? Get permission to make a special anouncement at their church/school/work?
Old 10-30-2006, 07:37 PM   #28
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnickFan4Life
no

And you wonder why your title isn't being removed?
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:53 PM   #29
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
What??? That's a little silly. What are the mods supposed to do, take out ads in their local newspaper? Pass out fliers on the subway? Get permission to make a special anouncement at their church/school/work?

Silly? No, it's the what comes with being a mod, along with keeping activity up, stopping trolling and what not. You can easily get members from other forums and stuff.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #30
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Silly? No, it's the what comes with being a mod
Says who? It's not how I understand things.
Quote:
You can easily get members from other forums and stuff.
Otherwise known as trolling. So we're supposed to troll other boards while simultaneously trying to cut down on trolling here?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: