Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-30-2006, 09:15 PM   #31
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Says who? It's not how I understand things.

So what's a mod supposed to do? Sit back and do nothing?

Quote:
Otherwise known as trolling. So we're supposed to troll other boards while simultaneously trying to cut down on trolling here?

Trolling? That's not trolling, it's more of recruiting. And trolling is more around the lines of going to forum to forum and baiting, personal attacks and such.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:39 PM   #32
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
So what's a mod supposed to do? Sit back and do nothing?
It's not my job to advertise for this place, and if it was, I would expect to share in the profits. I agreed to try and clean things up a bit as long as I'm already here, but that's all that is expected.
Quote:
Trolling? That's not trolling, it's more of recruiting.
If somebody comes here advertising for another message board, they get banned. You can't do that and then "recruit" on other boards at the same time. Ok I've said what I have to say about this topic.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:06 PM   #33
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Team forums are just dumb. The NBA is made up of teams. Thus, we should talk about teams in the NBA forum. Like Gee said, it's interesting to see what fans are saying about their teams, and I'm not scrolling through 32 forums to look at them. And FYI, it takes two teams to have a game. Also, actual modding is the only way to stop OT threads.

Last edited by SCY : 10-30-2006 at 10:09 PM.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:51 AM   #34
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I agree with you saKf, but if game threads don't happen there, nothing will. The team forums should be supported or aborted.
Exactly. Abort!
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:45 PM   #35
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have never looked in the team forums
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:41 PM   #36
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Off topic posts will never...ever..go away. Just wont happen. 3-4 out of 20-25 topics being discussedn ot being about basketball wont change anything and if every topic were baout basketball the board would be no more entertaining.

Why is it people expect hundreds of people to stay on one topic on a board when it doesnt happen in any other part of life? you get hundreds of people talking they will not stay on one subject no matter where they happen to be talking.

The OT forum will never get the traffic the NBA one does and "Well it should" wont change that. This board is what it is and barring massive over modding it wont change. Not as entertaining as it used to be but its not because of more OT topics.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:56 PM   #37
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

Good going oldschool. Delete a team topic. OT threads still stand. Much improved.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:44 AM   #38
HoopologyPhD
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HoopologyPhD has an OK reputation so far

This thread sucks.
HoopologyPhD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:03 AM   #39
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its opening night, and guess what....This forum licks donkey nards.

MODs need to pimpslap some people around here.

Ugly useless boneheaded threads everywhere.

Way to go everyone, way to make the board better. I long for the summer days of individual poster rankings.

*Mods need to delete threads at their own discretion. Just do it.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:10 AM   #40
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Its opening night, and guess what....This forum licks donkey nards.

MODs need to pimpslap some people around here.

Ugly useless boneheaded threads everywhere.

Way to go everyone, way to make the board better. I long for the summer days of individual poster rankings.

*Mods need to delete threads at their own discretion. Just do it.

Cosign
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:19 AM   #41
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you mean like the pointless threads complaining that they dont like the board which do nothing more than create more clutter?
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #42
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

how is the board supposed to get better when Jeff never keeps his promises on the main site
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #43
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hi Folks,

I think this board is awesome. It is more active and a LOT better than any other board I have seen. So, while we may have some family problems, there is a bright side.

As long as people do not get personal (personal attacks), I believe that anyone's opinion on hoop is fair and valid unless they are just being antagonistic.

I also believe that it is fine to go into any team's forum, as long as you wish to contribute. We all have opinions, thoughts, ideas or comments that we want to share and they should not be controlled.

Those that get personal, rude, mean spirited or are just plain antagonistic with their posts should have thier posts deleted by the moderators.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #44
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

I guess this means I should post less and that I will do!
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #45
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Quote:
The season starts tomorrow, so we've got to make the shift from summer mode to regular mode.

OT posts - The reason people post OT stuff on this board is because they worry nobody will see it in the OT forum. People then see those posts (here) and assume there is no need for them to go to the OT forum, because the best OT posts will end up on this one. It's a self-perpetuating problem with an easy solution:

If we simply stop 100% of the OT posts here, people will visit the OT forum, and the posts you make there will be seen.

"But OT posts are what makes ISH what it is."

ISH has changed. What worked perfectly when there were 10-20 regular users doesn't work so well when there are 200 regulars. Their are lots of people who want to talk about music, girls, movies, football, politics, etc, and there is a great place for all of this to take place. Mods, please get in the habit of moving every OT post so that the OT forum transforms into a place worth visiting. If the OT forum becomes a fun place to visit, the whole thing becomes a non-issue.

Game threads - Let's keep game threads for games that aren't nationally televised in the team forums. It's only fans of the teams that care about these threads anyway, and it'll encourage growth within the team forum communities.

Trash-talk/roasting/taunting - I hate to be the "check yourself" guy, but I think we've gone too far with this stuff. We all know that it actually is funny a lot of the time, and most of us get a chuckle out of reading it. The problem is that it's created an atmosphere where 90% of the posters here are anonymous non-personalities who change their account name by the month, and are afraid to be themselves. They see all the crap that Shogon, GeeWiz and Hawker put up with, and don't want to be the next target. Plus, being the playground bully is sort of lame in the first place. Keep the trash talking among friends, and mods, this one is really on you. Just delete the personal insults if they seem to be mean-spirited, and leave a message in their place explaining why they were removed.

Anybody else have suggestions for how we can make this place a future first ballot MBHOFer?

Many of us spend a lot of time here because it is a fun place that we call our sports-forum home. adamcz is asking us to help make this forum better. That's not an unreasonable request and doing so helps all of us.

So lets stop all the complaining and try to pitch in and help!

The mods here are not being paid. They are dedicated volunteers who have enough to do without doing recruiting.

Recruiting is everyone's job. If you wants to make this an even better and more interesting forum, just tell your friends about this place and why you like it here. If you don't have friends -- tell your enemies not to come here. And that should bring them here in droves. LOL

And please, it is up to all of us do our part to make this forum a friendlier place where everyone feels at home!

As adamcz's post suggests, lets be part of the solution not the cause of the problems here. Thanks.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: