Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-13-2006, 09:00 PM   #91
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

OMG ROFLMAO Oldschool going postal! Never thought I'd see the day. The inmates are officially running the prison.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:13 PM   #92
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

ya i get the same problem. i ask what i do wrong and i just get told to stfu.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:55 PM   #93
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I just joined this board this weekend. I think it's a pretty nice board, but it does have some problems.

I don't think the game thread posts are that big a deal. They take up one thread, and they're usually some of the most active threads on the board.

But I think a game threads forum would make a heck of a lot more sense than putting them on the "team boards". First off, who cares if the team boards are active or not? Is it costing that much site space to leave them? It's nice to occasionally post something for your team only, but if you want to talk about a game, why should you not be able to talk about it with all the board members?

I also can't understand why you don't have a forum for suggestions, or just contacting moderators. I tried to use the "contact us" link, and haven't had a response in like 3 days with a problem I'm having.

Lastly, I would rather have a moderator delete my post if it's inappropriate than to edit it. Editting what I put down is more or less like putting words in my mouth, from my point of view, and I personally feel it is a violation of my rights as a member to speak my mind.

I can understand having to remove content that is vulgar, violates the TOS, etc, but giving mods free reign to start changing things in a post is not good. Not good at all. I don't want anyone changing my posts because it looks to every other member like I said that, or I worded it that way, and I didn't.

And along with that, if a mod removes or modifies a post, I think the mod has a responsibility to let everyone know why, or at the very least, PM the user and explain.

I've been on some message boards where moderators will remove or edit anything they think is deprimental, even if it's just argumentive and not necessarily nasty. On top of that they don't give reasons for what they're doing, and they don't respond to e-mails, and any direct questions to the mods are deemed "off topic" and immediately removed. The mods never explain anything. (the Discovery channel message board is like that).

It's frustrating and I don't think it's right. I've been on message boards for at least 10 years, I started using the internet on a 1200 baud modem and a 286 computer that ran at like 6mhz.

I once got banned from a message board (quite recently unfortunately) for arguing over a t.v. show and the mods never offered an explanation except "it's obvious you have some problems with this site" and refused to answer e-mails.

It's just mutual respect to let someone know what they did wrong.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:13 PM   #94
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I can understand having to remove content that is vulgar, violates the TOS, etc, but giving mods free reign to start changing things in a post is not good.
That's really the only thing that needs to be edited. An edited post would look like this:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah (personal insults removed) blah blah blah blah.

Only that which violates the terms of service needs to be removed. Whoever went out of line and posted an insult will see what they did wrong, know that it's not accepted, and move on with the discussion.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:18 AM   #95
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

THAT WAS SOME SWEET ASS LAG. this side was like 20 min offline how sweet is that ****.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:02 PM   #96
Absolut Prince
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Absolut Prince has an OK reputation so far
Default This board...

ISH isn't going to improve unless wholesale changes are enforced. Idiots won't change on their own.
Absolut Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #97
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

And your suggestions......
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:44 PM   #98
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut Prince
ISH isn't going to improve unless wholesale changes are enforced. Idiots won't change on their own.

Wow, long time no see.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:10 PM   #99
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

ok so this is hawker and its funny when we start asking about trying to find out why we get banned and this gets moved to OT. Real cool.

Plus i get banned for continuing to type "o" instead of "oh." When you say "o" u (will explain this too later) are actually saying the letter "o." Webster and others decided to make it a word an say "oh." I really dont think people care if I say "o" instead of "oh." Dumb really.

Also do people care if i type "u" instead of "you." They both mean the same thing I am actaully say the latter "u" when i say "you" so who cares. People still know what I mean and other people say it so why should it matter?

Plus i was never warned of having to actually type one more letter to make an actual word. I Was just randomly banned for it. I dont understand. It isnt even in the terms of service. IF that was the problem all along for "bringing down the board" then they shouldve freaking said it in the first place. Some people dont use common sense and it seems like these admins dont. "Lets ban them and not tell them why so they will keep doing it over and over again." Doesnt make any sense at all.

Admins if you actually want to improve this board tell the people why u banned them, tell them how to fix it and give examples of what they have done to improve.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: