Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #16
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: Browns/Steelers...

Beautiful. Picture perfect.

Season was now worth playing.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:14 AM   #17
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Heath Miller was open on that 4th down play..Ben didn't find him.

Say Bye Bye to the Playoffs Steelers & Say Hello to 6-7
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:15 AM   #18
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

In before RBA's page long analysis of the game.

Thank you. The Browns finally got a legit win this season. This season was depressing and I am so happy we beat those f*cking steelers. No playoffs for you! In your face.

I hope to god we dont get the number one pick though. That is the lingering worry in my head about this team.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #19
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

The Browns now have 2 wins in which their QB went 2/19 and 6/19.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:25 AM   #20
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
The Browns now have 2 wins in which their QB went 2/19 and 6/19.

That has to be some type of record.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:30 AM   #21
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Mike Tomlin looked like he was about to cry in his press conference.
Really looked like he was fighting back some tears.

I mean $hit... when you lose to the Browns, I can understand.

If his team misses the playoffs this year... and goes like 6-10 next year... Would he be fired?
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:32 AM   #22
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
Mike Tomlin looked like he was about to cry in his press conference.
Really looked like he was fighting back some tears.

I mean $hit... when you lose to the Browns, I can understand.

If his team misses the playoffs this year... and goes like 6-10 next year... Would he be fired?

Nah, it isn't how that franchise operates. They still have all the tools to be a SB contender provided they stay healthy. What they lack is serious depth.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:45 AM   #23
Attila
National High School Star

I was thinking about betting on this game too.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:59 AM   #24
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

I want to say that Troy P. just really is that important but I don't think it even mattered...that offense just couldn't do anything...and it wasn't like Troy's replacement was giving up bombs...

man, I think my opinion/view on Big Ben changes more drasticly than any other player in the NFL...earlier in the year I was pretty convinced that he is just flat out awesome, and now I am right back to thinking he is just a decent QB that thrived on an amazing defense...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:24 AM   #25
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

Fuck me... so much for this season..
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #26
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

NFL Network on Thurs is a total fail. At least they don't have any good matchups, like GB/DAL 2 years ago, that really pissed me off.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:42 AM   #27
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I want to say that Troy P. just really is that important but I don't think it even mattered...that offense just couldn't do anything...and it wasn't like Troy's replacement was giving up bombs...

man, I think my opinion/view on Big Ben changes more drasticly than any other player in the NFL...earlier in the year I was pretty convinced that he is just flat out awesome, and now I am right back to thinking he is just a decent QB that thrived on an amazing defense...

I honestly think you're clueless when it comes to evaluating quarterbacks.

Ben was pressured all night up the middle. It doesn't matter who you are, when you're getting pressure like Ben was tonight, you're not going to put up 300 yards and 3 touchdowns in -12 degree weather.

And when he did have time, his recievers literally got zero separation. The broadcast showed basically a replay after every Steeler pass highlighting the lack of separation from the wideouts.

How is this Bens fault? Is he suppose to make guys get open? I don't care who the **** you are, Peyton Manning, Brady, Montana... if your guys don't get open, you won't have much success.

As far as Polamalu goes, I think his absence showed tonight. How many big runs did the Steelers give up in big situations? I can think of two. Somehow I find it hard to believe Troy wouldn't make some type of play in 3rd and long situations where they run the ball. This type of thing didn't happen last year or in years past when he was back there.

And his replacement was in position a couple times to make some type of play on the ball while it was in the air. Polamalu finds ways to make plays - I'm not going to sit here and say he would've for sure made this tackle or that pick or whatever..... but somewhere along the line this season in this five game losing streak he would've done something to turn the tide.

I think he's the most valuable defensive player in the league. They just look different and play different... it's like the Colts playing offense without Peyton Manning back there. The whole style and flow would change.

Browns played super though. I don't know much about their corners... but it seemed like they had two Revis' out there.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:05 AM   #28
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

I swear to god I thought about adding Carbine's name to that post...

like "no offense Carbine"...or, "don't take any offense Carbine"...

Carbine, I have to say that I really don't know why you are so quick to defend Ben...if it wasn't for your avy everyone here would assume you are a Steelers fan...care to explain?

edit: I couldn't watch the game other than Ben's last drive btw, if you read this thread...but yeah, from what I see on ESPN his line failed him alot though...

still, he has failed against THE CHIEFS...THE RAIDERS...and now the Browns...

Last edited by ~primetime~ : 12-11-2009 at 03:08 AM.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:24 AM   #29
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I only respond when people are ignorant. I watch enough of the Steelers to know when someone is making false claims about their players. And you being you, here you are saying things like "I thought Ben was great at the start of the season, but he's now just decent" most likely because of this game and this losing streak they are on.

He failed against the Raiders? Really? He gave up three touchdowns in the fourth quarter to an offense led by Gradkowski with his best receiver being a rookie?

Yeah, that's his fault alright.

That defense without Troy is terrible. They don't force turnovers and they don't defend any type of lead in the fourth quarter. Your defense gotta stand up and not let teams score touchdowns to win games or 60 yard drives to get into field goal range.

And he didn't fail against the Browns tonight. If you watched the game (and apparently you didn't) you'd have realized he couldn't have done anything differently. Seriously, we got to see what Ben was seeing virtually every passing play because they showed replays way more than usual, and he had nobody open....he was running around for his life all night.

Steelers are 6-7 for three reasons:

1) Troy Polamalu being injured
2) Special Teams giving up touchdown returns
3) Their offensive line

In other words, they are 6-7 in spite of Ben, not because of him.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:32 AM   #30
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Browns played super though. I don't know much about their corners... but it seemed like they had two Revis' out there.
Eric Wright has had a tremendous season. In the last half of the year, he has been there with Woodson and Revis as one of the best corners in the league. No one has really noticed because he plays for the Browns, which is understandable, but the guy has been great.

Brandon McDonald is more of a hit-or-miss corner. He'll have games like this in which he'll look like a really solid No. 2 CB and then he'll have others in which you will be left scratching your head.

I will say that, if our defensive line and linebackers can bring the heat like they did tonight every week, our corners are more than adequate to have repeat performances.

I've said all season that the Browns' defense has not been the problem. I don't care what their ranking is (last in the league, for the record). They have not played poorly this season.

They usually start games as strongly as they did tonight. The offense has been so anemic that they will eventually wear down in the second half and give up big plays. Tonight, the offense was good enough... It wasn't great, but we were able to piece together enough time of possession that it gave the defense a chance to catch its breath, study Pittsburgh's tendencies and prepare to get back out there.

The cold certainly played a role, too, but it isn't like the Steelers are coming from Miami or Phoenix. This is a team that usually thrives in these kinds of smash-mouth games and, frankly, we beat them up. All of the frustration at another lost season finally manifested itself and the Steelers were the unlucky opponent.

The chance to end the playoff hopes of your biggest rival on a national stage with absolutely nothing to lose in front of your home fans? Maybe we should have seen this coming. I didn't though.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: