Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-11-2009, 02:36 AM   #31
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Browns/Steelers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I only respond when people are ignorant. I watch enough of the Steelers to know when someone is making false claims about their players. And you being you, here you are saying things like "I thought Ben was great at the start of the season, but he's now just decent" most likely because of this game and this losing streak they are on.

He failed against the Raiders? Really? He gave up three touchdowns in the fourth quarter to an offense led by Gradkowski with his best receiver being a rookie?

Yeah, that's his fault alright.

That defense without Troy is terrible. They don't force turnovers and they don't defend any type of lead in the fourth quarter. Your defense gotta stand up and not let teams score touchdowns to win games or 60 yard drives to get into field goal range.

And he didn't fail against the Browns tonight. If you watched the game (and apparently you didn't) you'd have realized he couldn't have done anything differently. Seriously, we got to see what Ben was seeing virtually every passing play because they showed replays way more than usual, and he had nobody open....he was running around for his life all night.

Steelers are 6-7 for three reasons:

1) Troy Polamalu being injured
2) Special Teams giving up touchdown returns
3) Their offensive line

In other words, they are 6-7 in spite of Ben, not because of him.
dude you can't make excuses for him every game, had that been Romo out there YOU and everyone else wold be saying he sucks...yes I know you defended Romo in the Giants loss but that is just because it is damn near impossible not to...

I did see the last drive, and I did see Miller wide open on that 4th down...

he was 18/32 tonight...with a 75.1 passer rating...

^^^ if that was Romo it wouldn't matter if he was sacked 20 times...

looking at Ben's numbers against Okland it seems you are right...it looks as though Ben played solid in there...(wow, how did they lose that, wtf)

KC it looks like wasn't too bad, but hee threw 2 picks...

Cincy he had a 51.5 rating...

I already know what you're thinking if you are reading me spit those numbers, that numbers don't tell the whole picture, and I agree...but from what I am seeing it looks like Ben was spectacular this year the first 6 games, and then for whatever reason started to slump...

I am not saying he sucks...so don't put words in my mouth...I am jst saying that this Stealer meltdown makes me rank him a few spots lower...that's all
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:06 AM   #32
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

If Romo played the exact way in -12 weather and his recievers weren't getting any separation, I would call anyone who said he stunk or choked or whatever a ****ing idiot.

In the KC game I'm pretty sure a ball was tipped for an interception and in another one he got his arm hit as he was throwing, causing an interception.

These aren't Bens fault, or any quarterbacks. It's not a decisional error.... it's just one of those things that either go your way or they don't. It doesn't make Ben any better or worse if those type of plays where his arm gets hit as he's throwing or the ball gets tipped at the line get picked or not. Throw those interceptions out the window for any quarterback in my opinion.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:25 AM   #33
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Congrats to Browns fans. They deserve this moment. Coming from someone who isn't a Browns fan, but knows of their impact in this state, this is a huge burden lifted for them. At least for another year, Clevelanders don't have to listen to Pittsburgers bragging nonstop and claiming sort sort of superiority over their city (as if a football game somehow determines that).

Lots of missed blocking assignments, dropped passes, poor tackling. It looks like the Steelers have quit, in some ways. This type of play is very shocking to see out of them.

Credit also has to go to the Browns. This was their Super Bowl, and they came out fired up as hell. Brady Quinn still sucks, but thankfully for them, Josh Cribbs was there to save the day.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:41 AM   #34
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Thank you Cleveland for winning and putting yourself out of the Suh sweepstakes. Do Tampa a favor and win a couple more. Now we need St Louis to win a game (even tho I think they'll draft a QB).
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #35
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

give 'em hell, pittsburgh!!!!!

losers...
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:36 PM   #36
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly15
give 'em hell, pittsburgh!!!!!

losers...

Says the guy with a Texans avy...

Anyways, the team really does miss Troy that much on D. His replacement, Tyrone Carter, really is this bad and consistenly plays this bad. I'm surprised he stills has a job in the NFL. If Anthony Smith weren't all bark and no bite he would still be on the team instead. Farrior took a terrible angle on Jennings on that touchdown run which was enough to win them the game.

The offensive line, even last year, hasn't been stellar. Upgrades need to be made badly. Same thing with the secondary. As much as I love Ryan Clark, he has zero ball skills. He is a tough player and a damn good tackler but I can think of 3 or 4 plays this year were he had an opportunity to make a play on the ball but went for a hit instead. William Gay is a nickleback and really doesnt have the talent to play man on the outside. The secondary and the o-line are the most glaring needs in teh draft but the D-line is getting older and some youth needs to be brought in (Ziggy Hood is a good start).

All the excuses in the world can be made but the Browns just flat out beat us in every aspect of the game. Its like Tomlin said, we constantly find ways to not make plays in crunch time. Allowing Cribbs to run for a first on like 3rd and 12 is not Steeler football. The Browns front four has been destroyed by injuries including Shaun Rodgers and they still dominated our line leading to 8 sacks and 75 yards rushing. The Steelers should be ashamed of the effort especially after giving the game away in the final seconds to Oakland.

Oh and the Steelers special teams gave up another big play...surprise surprise
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #37
beasly15
TEXANS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Says the guy with a Texans avy...

we didn't win the superbowl, champ.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:09 PM   #38
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
we didn't win the superbowl, champ.

Thats obvious.

Honestly I do like Texans tho. I just get angry when people diss the Steelers. They are one of those teams that I root for to do well.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #39
beasly15
TEXANS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Thats obvious.

Honestly I do like Texans tho. I just get angry when people diss the Steelers. They are one of those teams that I root for to do well.

atleast the steelers won the superbowl.. a diss is just competition.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #40
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
atleast the steelers won the superbowl.. a diss is just competition.

Very true.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:03 AM   #41
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I honestly think you're clueless when it comes to evaluating quarterbacks.

Ben was pressured all night up the middle. It doesn't matter who you are, when you're getting pressure like Ben was tonight, you're not going to put up 300 yards and 3 touchdowns in -12 degree weather.

And when he did have time, his recievers literally got zero separation. The broadcast showed basically a replay after every Steeler pass highlighting the lack of separation from the wideouts.

How is this Bens fault? Is he suppose to make guys get open? I don't care who the **** you are, Peyton Manning, Brady, Montana... if your guys don't get open, you won't have much success.

As far as Polamalu goes, I think his absence showed tonight. How many big runs did the Steelers give up in big situations? I can think of two. Somehow I find it hard to believe Troy wouldn't make some type of play in 3rd and long situations where they run the ball. This type of thing didn't happen last year or in years past when he was back there.

And his replacement was in position a couple times to make some type of play on the ball while it was in the air. Polamalu finds ways to make plays - I'm not going to sit here and say he would've for sure made this tackle or that pick or whatever..... but somewhere along the line this season in this five game losing streak he would've done something to turn the tide.

I think he's the most valuable defensive player in the league. They just look different and play different... it's like the Colts playing offense without Peyton Manning back there. The whole style and flow would change.

Browns played super though. I don't know much about their corners... but it seemed like they had two Revis' out there.
Gaw, you really should be a real writer somewhere, if you aren't already.

The reason primetime seems clueless to you is because he's an average NFL fan, but you sir can diagnose a game like no other. Love your NFL posts.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: