Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #16
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Knicks sign Jonathan Bender! He hasn't played in NBA in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
How do you figure?

sixth sense
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #17
RaceBannana
BBALL LOVER

RaceBannana has no real reputation yet.

"Jonathan Bender"...
is it that robot from futurama?
RaceBannana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #18
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

good for Bender, don't really see him getting much burn though
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #19
Knicks101
Taken

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Its possible, but I doubt that. Teams don't pay guys $800,000 as a practice body. You could literally hire a D League player just to travel with the team to practice for like $75,000.

Just doesn't make sense, unless another trade in the works. Time will tell.

But getting Bender certaintly isn't "risky". What's the risk?

We don't have the details of the contract, but I guess they could just re-sign Chris Hunter or one of the other bums they picked up last season for cheap. Maybe Walsh just likes Bender and wants to give him some cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
sixth sense

I don't mean why do you think that he'll be bad. What's the risk? If he sucks you cut him.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #20
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceBannana
"Jonathan Bender"...
is it that robot from futurama?

Some trivia:

Bender from Futurama was named after John Bender of The Breakfast Club.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #21
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Maybe Walsh just likes Bender and wants to give him some cash.

I swear, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he just likes the guy or are friends, and this is a way to get him some cash legally. This wouldn't be the first time.

James Dolan and Allan Houston were good friends supposedly. That's why he paid him $100 million in an extension.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #22
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I don't mean why do you think that he'll be bad. What's the risk? If he sucks you cut him.

my bad. Well there's no risk for the Knicks, I meant that they're taking a risk on him, since he hasnt played for so long and was already retired due to injury.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #23
bagelred
Weird

On a related matter, Donnie Walsh really likes to brings players in he knows. Harrington, now Bender....

Look for Knicks to try to get Jermaine O'Neal cheaply during the summer.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #24
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wow, another indy combo forward from back in the day. Always liked him. I thought he didnt have any cartilage left in either knee?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:18 PM   #25
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Let's see, Knicks have Lee, Jeffries, Curry, Hill, and Milicic as big men, not to mention Harrington and Gallinari who both have size.

Yet Walsh felt need to add Bender.

Hmmmm......me thinks Knicks have another trade up their sleeve........Jeffries a goner?

I hope they do.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:23 PM   #26
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
On a related matter, Donnie Walsh really likes to brings players in he knows. Harrington, now Bender....

Look for Knicks to try to get Jermaine O'Neal cheaply during the summer.

He was also trying to bring in Tinsley....

Good thing he didnt
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #27
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I guess Walsh wants to have an Indiana Pacers reunion. You guys can sign Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsley this summer.

I doubt Jonathan Bender does anything special in his time with New York. He was quite the talent, but knee injuries derailed his career. I'm shocked to see him back in the league, because I thought he risked serious damage by playing again. I can tell you this, Bender won't feel as good as he does now once New York plays a couple of back to backs.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #28
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick

ronnymac has an OK reputation so far

For a 7 footer, he was or still could be really agile. he's majority of minutes were played at SF/PF.
ronnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #29
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
I guess Walsh wants to have an Indiana Pacers reunion. You guys can sign Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsley this summer.

I doubt Jonathan Bender does anything special in his time with New York. He was quite the talent, but knee injuries derailed his career. I'm shocked to see him back in the league, because I thought he risked serious damage by playing again. I can tell you this, Bender won't feel as good as he does now once New York plays a couple of back to backs.

I'm thinking O'Neal is probably plan B for when James isn't interested.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #30
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I'm thinking O'Neal is probably plan B for when James isn't interested.

i laughed..
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: