Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 12-15-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Huey Freeman
PAO

Default I'm now a Panathinaikos fan.

A new friend of mine is good friends with the father of Nick Calathes.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
la bomba
Local High School Star

Default Re: I'm now a Panathinaikos fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
A new friend of mine is good friends with the father of Nick Calathes.
what if nick calathes goes to play somewhere else?
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
what if nick calathes goes to play somewhere else?
I'll follow Nick Calathes, he's a hometown hero around here.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
I'll follow Nick Calathes, he's a hometown hero around here.
well then say you are a nick calathes fan not a panathinaikos fan,lol.He wont stay there long dont think he is good enough.Could be wrong!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:47 PM   #5
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
well then say you are a nick calathes fan not a panathinaikos fan,lol.He wont stay there long dont think he is good enough.Could be wrong!

I think he will stay there for awhile. Saras just has a team option for next year and he's really getting old and really at the end of his career just about. Diamantidis is rapidly declining and deteriorating and 3 years in a row now he has had injury problems and can't close a season well and then either struggles with the national team or does not even play. He's also a free agent and will surely want a raise.

Spanoulis is a free agent after this year and could end being the highest paid player in Europe. He has also mentioned going to the NBA possibly. So the only point guard they have signed is Verginis. Verginis is actually quite a talented scorer and really fast and quick but he does not have point guard skills yet and is really a small 2 at this point. So Calathes is a good insurance policy.

Although I think PAO might get Zisis this summer to replace him if he does not start playing better. I think he will stay but indeed he better pick it up a lot or he will be heading to the NBA because I can see PAO taking Zisis to upgrade over him.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:10 AM   #6
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
I think he will stay there for awhile. Saras just has a team option for next year and he's really getting old and really at the end of his career just about. Diamantidis is rapidly declining and deteriorating and 3 years in a row now he has had injury problems and can't close a season well and then either struggles with the national team or does not even play. He's also a free agent and will surely want a raise.

Spanoulis is a free agent after this year and could end being the highest paid player in Europe. He has also mentioned going to the NBA possibly. So the only point guard they have signed is Verginis. Verginis is actually quite a talented scorer and really fast and quick but he does not have point guard skills yet and is really a small 2 at this point. So Calathes is a good insurance policy.

Although I think PAO might get Zisis this summer to replace him if he does not start playing better. I think he will stay but indeed he better pick it up a lot or he will be heading to the NBA because I can see PAO taking Zisis to upgrade over him.
Thanks for that. All very true especially about Saras. Do you think they might sign Lakovic again? He is in his last year at barcelona and for the last 2 they have tried to get rid of him,don't ask me why,I like him.I don't know why I also think Cabezas would fit panathinaikos,and you know all the players khimki sign never stay for a long time.Delfino,Garbajosa,etc etc.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #7
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for that. All very true especially about Saras. Do you think they might sign Lakovic again? He is in his last year at barcelona and for the last 2 they have tried to get rid of him,don't ask me why,I like him.I don't know why I also think Cabezas would fit panathinaikos,and you know all the players khimki sign never stay for a long time.Delfino,Garbajosa,etc etc.

Obradovic could not wait to get rid of Lakovic. Lakovic is a great player but he has improved a lot with his team play at Barca. In PAO he was a terrible ball hog. Maybe now that he has improved on that PAO would take him back but I doubt it. He's getting older and they don't like signing older players that much. Actually I think you are right that Cabezas would be a great fit for PAO. A Cabezas-Spanoulis back court would be really great. Cabezas is just an average to OK player when he has to be a lead player or even the franchise guy which is much the case with teams like Malaga and Khimki. Or in a team where he can't play much like Spain's national team. But if he can just be a role player then he would be a really great player for a team.

In PAO he could just play defense and attack and he could be really great in a role like that.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakas saying something that sounds well, and i agree..
Not usual ah?
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #9
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
Obradovic could not wait to get rid of Lakovic. Lakovic is a great player but he has improved a lot with his team play at Barca. In PAO he was a terrible ball hog. Maybe now that he has improved on that PAO would take him back but I doubt it. He's getting older and they don't like signing older players that much. Actually I think you are right that Cabezas would be a great fit for PAO. A Cabezas-Spanoulis back court would be really great. Cabezas is just an average to OK player when he has to be a lead player or even the franchise guy which is much the case with teams like Malaga and Khimki. Or in a team where he can't play much like Spain's national team. But if he can just be a role player then he would be a really great player for a team.

In PAO he could just play defense and attack and he could be really great in a role like that.
i like the last sentence.Is there anything else he could play,besides attack and defence??lol
Old 01-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #10
Huey Freeman
PAO

Panathinaikos is playing Ewe Baskets Oldenburg right now.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #11
Maga_1

Quote:
Panathinaikos is playing Ewe Baskets Oldenburg right now.

Game that they won 64-67, without Spanoulis and Diamantidis.
Nice game by Batiste 21/9
Old 01-14-2010, 03:26 AM   #12
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
Game that they won 64-67, without Spanoulis and Diamantidis.
Nice game by Batiste 21/9
no one should lose against oldenburg! Why do they keep letting german teams in this competition? They should have to qualify, I bet they would lose against a 5th acb team or a 4th greek team a 3rd russian team or even a 4th italian team! Let's have the best teams in the euroleague please,no more oldenburgs,bamberg,berlin,le mans,nancy etc etc etc.the french being just as bad,though Asvel have done ok.if they deserve to be fine but make them earn it by having to qualify.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:26 AM   #13
Maga_1

Quote:
no one should lose against oldenburg! Why do they keep letting german teams in this competition? They should have to qualify, I bet they would lose against a 5th acb team or a 4th greek team a 3rd russian team or even a 4th italian team! Let's have the best teams in the euroleague please,no more oldenburgs,bamberg,berlin,le mans,nancy etc etc etc.the french being just as bad,though Asvel have done ok.if they deserve to be fine but make them earn it by having to qualify.

I was thinking about that yesterday but .. think in this way :
If the Euroleague should have the best teams in Europe, it would be just Spanish, Greek, Russians and just a few (like 4 in the best case) from Israel, Italy and maybe Turkey ..
Old 01-14-2010, 04:45 AM   #14
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:

You are too kind to EWE. I do not think they could beat a top 6 Greek team or a top 8 Spanish team. The only German club that should have any business in Euroleague is ALBA.

And sadly France will continue to have 2 or 3 teams every year.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #15
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
I was thinking about that yesterday but .. think in this way :
If the Euroleague should have the best teams in Europe, it would be just Spanish, Greek, Russians and just a few (like 4 in the best case) from Israel, Italy and maybe Turkey ..
if they are the best so be it. you wouldn't have a team with 9 0 and another with 1 8 . or if you did there wouldnt be the points difference that exist.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: