Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #16
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: MVP, DPOY, ROY, DROY, CPOY, COY...and SBMVP?

What happens when Peyton sits out the majority of the plays in these last three games, thus killing his season total stats, when on the flip side you got Brees still playing every snap for the remaining 3 games? And what if the Saints get to 16-0 and because Peyton sits, they go... 15-1?

I'd like to see co-mvps because this is one season where I honestly feel neither player is playing better than the other. You can't mention one without the other, and that's the definition of being co-mvps.

And Chris Johnson most certainly does not belong in MVP talks. I mean you can mention him, but at the end of the day the talk starts and ends with Manning & Brees. Let Chris Johnson get Offensive Player Of The Year... that's an award he has a legit case for.

Anyways,

Peyton/Brees are co mvps

Chris Johnson for Offensive Player of The Year.

Harvin for ROY

Payton for COTY

Woodson/Revis for DPOY
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #17
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am kind of having trouble understanding how an offensive player can win MVP but it would be a travisty if Chris Johnson didn't win offensive player of the year...???

I always thought those 2 went hand in hand...

I guess last year it didn't, and then you have to go all the way back to 2003 where Jamal Lewis won it but he didn't win MVP...

ehh, if Brees and Peyton are considered the most valuable players then I don't see how they aren't the offensive players of the year also...

the NFL should just have an OMVP and a DMVP IMO...makes no sense to have an MVP not win the other award...but whatever...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #18
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I also don't think that Harvin is the hands down ROY like some of you either...

he has made a couple fantastic plays on special teams but he isn't even close to the best WR on his own team...in fact I am not even sure it is a given that he is the 2nd best WR on the Vikes...Berrian might have a say in that...

Knowshon has made more of an inpact at RB in the overall scheme of things than Harvin has made at WR...

still 3 games left though I guess...
Old 12-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #19
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
What do you guys think?

Most Valuable Player:

1. Drew Brees
2. Peyton Manning

^^^ I could easily see co-MVPs here...(also one will win OPOY)

(Brees has slightly better stats, but this is so close, if either team loses a game it will change the award I think, also I think it is now safe to assume that Favre has no chance)

Defensive player of the year:

1. Charles Woodson
2. Darren Sharper
3. Darrelle Revis (probablly won't win because of his team, but they still have a chance)

(this is also extremley close and could be given to Sharper because he is being given credit to the Saints defensive turn around, but I think Woodson has been nothing short of amazing and is in reality the better player, but again team record is taken heavy into consideration here, look at Ware last year)

Rookie of the Year:

1. Knowshon Moreno
2. Percy Harvin
3. Hakeem Nicks
4. Mark Sanchez
5. Michael Oher (dude got a movie)

(this seems like a really awful year for offensive rookies for some reason, not much to choose from)

Defensive Rookie of the Year:

1. Brain Cushing
2. Jairus Byrd
3. Brian Orakpo
4. Clay Mathews

^^^ that one should be very interesting, I have not paid much attention to the Byrd man yet, I need to see if he is the real deal...

Comeback Player of the Year:

1. Brett Favre
2. Tom Brady (if just sitting out a year from injury counts as a "comeback")
3. Ricky Williams (deserves some mention)

(moving on)

Coach of the Year:

1. Sean Peyton (best coach in the NFL imo)
2. Brad Childress
3. Marvin Lewis (most underrated coach ever)
4. Jim Caldwell (probably won't win because of Dungy but hey, if you're undeafted then you need to get mentioned)

Super Bowl MVP: (some guesses besides Brees and Manning)

1. Adrain Peterson or Brett Favre
2. Charles Woodson (that would be cool to see)
3. Romo or Miles Austin (I am allowed to dream)
4. DeSean Jackson (if this happens I will slit my throat, lol)

what about you guys?
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #20
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I also don't think that Harvin is the hands down ROY like some of you either...

he has made a couple fantastic plays on special teams but he isn't even close to the best WR on his own team...in fact I am not even sure it is a given that he is the 2nd best WR on the Vikes...Berrian might have a say in that...

Knowshon has made more of an inpact at RB in the overall scheme of things than Harvin has made at WR...

still 3 games left though I guess...
It's arguable whether Knowshon is the best RB on his team too, or if he's just getting more touches. Buckhalter's only got a little over 100 yards less than him from scrimmage. That's with one less game and having 100 less rush attempts. Knowshon's had a rather average year, Harvin has a TD in 8 out of 12 games. Berrian is not the 2nd best WR on that team.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #21
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
It's arguable whether Knowshon is the best RB on his team too, or if he's just getting more touches. Buckhalter's only got a little over 100 yards less than him from scrimmage. That's with one less game and having 100 less rush attempts. Knowshon's had a rather average year, Harvin has a TD in 8 out of 12 games. Berrian is not the 2nd best WR on that team.
yeah, I can't really argue with any of that...

I think it has just been a really bad year for offensive rookies...
Old 12-16-2009, 12:29 AM   #22
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

There is a difference between most valuable and most outstanding.

Most valuable? Peyton is the classic example. You take his off the team and replace him with an average quarterback (say Garrard, for example) and you got a six or seven win team instead of a team that clinches home field in 13 games.

Take Johnson off and replace him with an average running back (Green Bays running back for example, I forget his name though) and Tennessee is obviously less explosive, but do they suffer a 6 game win difference? I doubt it.

But Johnson is having a heck of a year and is dominating his position more than any other player is dominating theirs. Not only does he have a legit possiblity to break 2000 yards, but he also has a chance to break Faulks rushing/receiving total yards record. He's having a great year, but he's not more valuable than Peyton Manning or Drew Brees.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:36 AM   #23
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
There is a difference between most valuable and most outstanding.

Most valuable? Peyton is the classic example. You take his off the team and replace him with an average quarterback (say Garrard, for example) and you got a six or seven win team instead of a team that clinches home field in 13 games.

Take Johnson off and replace him with an average running back (Green Bays running back for example, I forget his name though) and Tennessee is obviously less explosive, but do they suffer a 6 game win difference? I doubt it.

But Johnson is having a heck of a year and is dominating his position more than any other player is dominating theirs. Not only does he have a legit possiblity to break 2000 yards, but he also has a chance to break Faulks rushing/receiving total yards record. He's having a great year, but he's not more valuable than Peyton Manning or Drew Brees.

Yeah I understand what you are saying although I think Peyton would be a bigger upgrade to any team that had average players at both spots...

like the Seahawks...

throw Peyton on Seattle and TJ Housh becomes a top 10 WR...and they probably make the playoffs...

throw CJ on the Seattle and that might just win them an extra game or two...

I think the reality of it is that MVP is the best player on the best team and OPOY is just the most outsanding offensive player for any team, which is stupid because MVP is not awarded to a team...
Old 12-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #24
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246

Buckhalter has been more impressive this season. Knowshon has had some plays this season that made my jaw drop, but he also had a stretch where he was struggling to hold onto the ball. What really pisses me off is McDaniels refusing to use Peyton Hillis this season, especially last week against the Colts after Buckhalter went down.

Moreno will finish with ~ 1,100 yards and 7 TD's, which is solid, but I'm also giving it Harvin.

Jairus Byrd has 9 INT's?!?! I knew he had a lot, but I was thinking like 6-7. 9 !
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #25
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

comeback player of the year should go to Alex Smith IMO, if he finnishes the season strong
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #26
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
comeback player of the year should go to Alex Smith IMO, if he finnishes the season strong

I think Favre will likely get it but I think Cedric Benson deserves it the most. He really resurrected his career this season.

And I would give it to Vince Young before I gave it to Alex Smith. Vince Young definitely deserves it after the way his career was seemingly over and then comes back and saves the Titans season.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:36 PM   #27
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

the more that I think about comback player the more I want Ricky Williams to win it...

I know it won't happen, but he has made the most amazing comeback to me...

Vince Young does deserve mention I guess though...
Old 12-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #28
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
MVP no but OPOY yes. He's no doubt the best RB in the league. He's the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders.

CJ reminds me more of a Marcus Allen then a Barry Sanders.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #29
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

Does Kenny Brit deserve some mention for OROY???? he is 3rd among WR in yards and is starting to come on strong with 3 TD's in 4 games one of them being the game winner from a few weeks back.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #30
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Does Kenny Brit deserve some mention for OROY???? he is 3rd among WR in yards and is starting to come on strong with 3 TD's in 4 games one of them being the game winner from a few weeks back.
prolly not but I think I would rather have Britt than either Harvin or Nicks...Britt is a beast...he is going to be a star in the NFL
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: