Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-23-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation
Default Create a team (players from any era) that could win 80-82 games

PG Chris Paul
SG Michael Jordan
SF Lebron James
PF Tim Duncan
C Shaquille Oneal

Bench

Dirk Nowitski
Magic Johnson
Kobe Bryant
Dwayne Wade
Kevin Durant
Kevin Garnett
Hakeem Olajuwan
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
scandisk_
Banned (lol)

scandisk_ is considered somewhat coolscandisk_ is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Create a team (players from any era) that could win 80-82 games

from the 90's

PG - Gary Payton or John Stockton
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Scottie Pippen
PF - Dennis Rodman
C - Hakeem Olajuwon

bench

Mitch Ritchmond
Dikembe Mutombo
Horace Grant
scandisk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered somewhat coolpoido123 is considered somewhat coolpoido123 is considered somewhat cool

PG Gary Payton
SG MJ
SF Larry Bird
PF Kareem
C Wilt

Bench

PG Magic
SG Kobe
SF Lebron
PF Duncan
C Shaq

That team would not lose a game. Guaranteed
poido123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:32 AM   #4
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the upper limit on maximum possible wins has to be a few games below 82-0 (not sure if it's closer to 72 or 82, so 80 wins might be in play). Fluky things like contest shots going in, entire teams getting hot from three, bad foul calls, etc. would prevent you from going undefeated.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #5
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

A team built to win 80 plus games does not exist.

The Law of Diminishing Return, eventually all those stars are going to max out and they would not be as efficient as having some role players.

Too many chiefs and not enough indians.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #6
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Kidd
JR smith
Carmelo
Bargnani
Chandler

Bench
Calderon
Iman Shumpert
Novak
Rasheed
Camby
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #7
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
A team built to win 80 plus games does not exist.

The Law of Diminishing Return, eventually all those stars are going to max out and they would not be as efficient as having some role players.

Too many chiefs and not enough indians.

You need complimentary players. I think Stockton and Jordan would work well together. I don't think you would need Magic or Payton on the floor with Jordan. I'd add Pippen and Rodman, and then Hakeem.

On the bench I'd have Reggie, Duncan, Bird, Ewing, and Jason Kidd.

You could just as easily swap any of those players for probably 30 other players, but I didn't want to just pick the biggest names.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #8
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

magic
jordan
lebron
robinson
shaq

duncan
pippen
kobe
ewing
payton
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #9
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

A team full of superstar coudln't do it. Too many conflicts and inflated egos. Over the long season games would be lost because of arguments over playing time, shots, etc.

The 72-10 Bulls, with a superstar (MJ), great player (Scottie) and key role players is the best formula.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #10
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool

impossobru.

What the Bulls did was downright amazing and they lost to some terrible teams. The way the season is constructed with injuries, travel, back to back, and the way that other teams are composed of great players, too. Every team has a player who can light you up on a given night. Three pointers might miss, the other teams threes might drop.

That's like, what? 98% of the games? Probably couldn't even find many guys in the NBA that could hit 80 out of 82 free throws.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #11
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Isiah
Jordan
LeBron
Duncan
Shaq

Billups
Dumars
Pippen
Sheed
Ben Wallace
Rodman
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #12
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered somewhat coolpoido123 is considered somewhat coolpoido123 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
I think the upper limit on maximum possible wins has to be a few games below 82-0 (not sure if it's closer to 72 or 82, so 80 wins might be in play). Fluky things like contest shots going in, entire teams getting hot from three, bad foul calls, etc. would prevent you from going undefeated.

Look at the team above your post. That team is not losing a game, no matter how well the other teams shoots. For one, the other team wouldnt be getting many good shots off, there is absolutely no weakness.
poido123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #13
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Are players on the other teams coming from any era, too?

Because winning a certain amount of games has also a little something to do with the opposition. Creating a team that could win 80 games cannot be done without knowing any of the opposing teams.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #14
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
Are players on the other teams coming from any era, too?

Because winning a certain amount of games has also a little something to do with the opposition. Creating a team that could win 80 games cannot be done without knowing any of the opposing teams.

Let's say my team plays in the current NBA and has (all in their primes):

Magic/Stockton
Jordan/Drexler
Bird/Pippen
Duncan/Malone
Shaq/Robinson

Let's say this team goes out there like a USA dream team, with players putting their ego's aside just to reach their goal. That team wouldn't win 80 games?
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #15
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bron
Jordan
Pippen
Duncan
Wilt

Bench

Magic
Kidd
Nash
Kobe
Bird
Nowitzki
KG
Hakeem
Shaq

That team should cover about everything on defense and offense at every position.
R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: