Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Do you call travels?

A lot of people do a jab step and change directions while lifting their pivot foot without putting the ball down. Do you guys call travels?
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #2
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do you call travels?

Yes.

Gotta call it. Not if you move your pivot foot before you dribble by a little bit. If its really bad though, yes.

If its like this, we have no choice.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Yes.

Gotta call it. Not if you move your pivot foot before you dribble by a little bit. If its really bad though, yes.

If its like this, we have no choice.

Yeah, I got bitched at for calling those.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:58 PM   #4
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:32 AM   #5
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Any and all. I keep track of pivot foots, and I call shuffles, too.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:33 AM   #6
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

I would, but sometimes when you play pickup ball, you occasionally get a bunch of people where over half of them don't know the technical rules of traveling (and it's not that phucking hard either ). When you get to a game like that, you're just forced to be extra-extra-extra-extra-lenient, cause otherwise the game's gonna stop every 10 seconds.
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:27 AM   #7
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

no. only if it's real blatant.. for example, dude jumps in the air to pass/shoot but changes his mind and comes back down. or the ones were they set their feet up before their shot (was guilty of this at one point). i would never call on anyone picking up their pivot before a dribble on the perimeter though, it's too hard to tell. most times you'd be the only to actually notice it. remember, IT'S NOT the nba.

i was playing half-court full court (full size gyms split in half), and this one ******* on my team started calling three in the key on opposing players cause someone called foul on him. who the fukk does that?
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:41 AM   #8
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Yes. It gets pretty heated when we do, though, but then, c'mon, even in little kiddie games, they call it. Those guys who ***** and whine and defend themselves that they didn't travel should just shut up and go read a basketball fundamentals book.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:57 AM   #9
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
no. only if it's real blatant.. for example, dude jumps in the air to pass/shoot but changes his mind and comes back down. or the ones were they set their feet up before their shot (was guilty of this at one point). i would never call on anyone picking up their pivot before a dribble on the perimeter though, it's too hard to tell. most times you'd be the only to actually notice it. remember, IT'S NOT the nba.

i was playing half-court full court (full size gyms split in half), and this one ******* on my team started calling three in the key on opposing players cause someone called foul on him. who the fukk does that?

Agreed. When I play travels and fouls are only called when they are obvious.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #10
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

depends on the game and situation and who your playing with. some people know that it happens and just take it and respect the call. others are gonna flip out like its a huge deal, and then will call some sort of phantom travel, double dribble, or whatever on you. i would only call it if it gives the ball handler an edge, like if they took 3 steps or something or if its just super obvious. other than that it doesnt really matter.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #11
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

all i can say is, when 1 zebra comes out it turns into a f*cking stampede
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #12
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Yes, but people usually don't travel, so it doesn't seem like we ever really need to call it.

I hate the people that call something on every posession. I enjoy just playing clean, but physical.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #13
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll call travels and carries if they're obvious.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:46 AM   #14
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

I call em if I see em
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #15
JG000
High School JV MVP

JG000 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I'll call travels and carries if they're obvious.

^ this
JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: