Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 12-16-2009, 12:18 AM   #1
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default 2010 Draft & Free Agents.

I know we all have our own ideas of how to build up the Heat, & i have a few as well, & just wanted to throw this one out there & get some feed back from my fellow Heat fans.

With the 15th pick from TOR we pick (& this is a long shot) Cole Aldrich 6-11 245 Kansas C. & With the 18th pick from Miami we pick Solomon Alabi 7-1 230 Florida State C.

Sign Wade, & Bron at the max ($16 1/2Mil).
Resign Haslem at $5Mil.
Sign Alston at $4Mil.
Resign Q, & Wright at the Min.
Sign R Bell (FIU guy) for the Min.
Sign Beverly at the Min.
Sign Malik Allen, or some vet that wont mind being stashed on the bench at the Min.

That would be $53mil cause Min contract do not count on the cap.

Alston=$4mil-------------Chalemers=$1mil-------Beverly=$MIN
Wade=$16 1/2mil---------Cook=$2mil------------R Bell=min
Bron=$16mil 1/2mil--------Q=$MIN---------------Wright=$MIN
Beasley=$5mil-------------Haslem=$5mil----------M Allen=$MIN
1st Aldrich=$1 1/2mil------1st Alabi=$1 1/2mil-----Anthony=$MIN

Jones is gone for a 2nd R pick, & buy out money.

What do you guys think of this one?

Last edited by Lord Leoshes : 12-16-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:30 AM   #2
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2010 Draft & Free Agents.

Not good enough to win a championship.

They need better defense.... especially in the post. You can't expect to ride 2 rookie Cs to a championship. Rather leave Chalmers at PG, and sign a veteran C like Haywood, or O'Neal again, than play a rook at C.

Also, all the frustration of Chalmers not being aggressive enough would dissapear by having two facilitators like LeBron & Wade. You'd only need your PG to defend and spot up (two things Chalmers is atleast decent at). Rather bring in a PG like Steve Blake as a backup too.

All in all, I think LeBron is too far fetched. I'd like to see some Wade/Bosh scenarios.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Well i do agree with the rooks part, but we could always sign a vet for the min that year, & wait till 2011 & use the MID, LOW, Levels, & 1st to fill out whatever holes we would have.

& Chalmers to me is at best a backup. & i think Alston is attainable for cheap.
If Bron, & Wade sign on i think Alston would sign at $2 1/2 mil. But of course am not his agent so who knows?

But like i said that is just 1 idea. Am sure you have like 5, to 10 backup plans, like i do.

In my perfect world, we sign Wade, Bron, & Bosh at $13mil each. (Not happening i know $3 1/2 mil less then the max) That would put us at $39mil + $5 for Beasley, $2 for Cook, & $1 for Chalmers, $1 for Anthony. With $5mill for a big like Haywood/Camby/JO or whoever.

Of Course Jones would need to go, with a 2nd, & $. + we would not have the $ for either 1st round picks so we would need to trade them for 2011 picks.

Chalmers
Wade-Cook
Bron
Bosh-Beasley
Haywood-Anthony

We would have to fill out the team with MIN level players, but in 2011 we will be able to use our MID, LOW, & have 3 1st round picks to use however we want.

What i wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall of Pats office when he is talking to Spo about his 2010 wish list.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Assuming we don't get LeBron, I'd rather spend the money solidifying the front court. Sign Bosh, re-sign Haslem, and bring in Hawyood or bring back O'Neal, or acquire some other solid defensive Center.

There always seems to be some decent PG/SG lingering in the bottom of the first, or beginning of the second round of the draft. Just look at players like Ty Lawson, Darren Collison, Rodrique Beaubois, Jeff Teague, etc... etc.. heck even the guy that the Heat traded to NOLA, Marcus Thornton.... There's always some decent guard who's hungry and will be good in limited minutes... or even worst case scenario a veteran minimum PG like Anthony Johnson or Jason Williams.

Last edited by beasted86 : 12-17-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #5
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

My biggest question is why all 3, of Bosh, Beasley, & Haslem? Isn't that overkill?
If we dont get Bron, & get Bosh instead, then i would like to trade Beasley for either a C/SF/PG. & then resign Haslem. Or not sign Haslem, & use that $ on a SF, & sign someone like Haywood/Camby/JO anyways.

But i definitely would like to think BIG in the draft 1st. But obviously you go for talent over position. We need some young Bigs (6-10 & up) to develope.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
My biggest question is why all 3, of Bosh, Beasley, & Haslem? Isn't that overkill?
If we dont get Bron, & get Bosh instead, then i would like to trade Beasley for either a C/SF/PG. & then resign Haslem. Or not sign Haslem, & use that $ on a SF, & sign someone like Haywood/Camby/JO anyways.

But i definitely would like to think BIG in the draft 1st. But obviously you go for talent over position. We need some young Bigs (6-10 & up) to develope.
Traditionally you don't develop bigs on a contender. Aside from Duncan, when was the last time a rookie or sophmore C was the starter or in the rotation on a Finals team?

I actually did some research, I couldn't find any starters, but rotation wise the last I can recall was Mehmet Okur on the Pistons... but they still had Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, and Elden Campbell ahead of him. You just can't rely on rookies to defend the basket or score against the best opposing talent in the league in a finals type situation, that's why I'd rather completely solidify the front court. BTW, for the purpose of building the roster how I proposed, Beasley is a SF.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Traditionally you don't develop bigs on a contender. Aside from Duncan, when was the last time a rookie or sophmore C was the starter or in the rotation on a Finals team?

I actually did some research, I couldn't find any starters, but rotation wise the last I can recall was Mehmet Okur on the Pistons... but they still had Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, and Elden Campbell ahead of him. You just can't rely on rookies to defend the basket or score against the best opposing talent in the league in a finals type situation, that's why I'd rather completely solidify the front court. BTW, for the purpose of building the roster how I proposed, Beasley is a SF.

Wasn't Perkins of BOS a rook?

The young bigs part is to develope not be a focal point to the team. like i said we could sign a vet C for now, till the youngens develop.
I just like having a few bigs, on rookie contracts. & all they have to do is give energy at the beginning. Two bigs in the mold of Horford, & Noah would be nice to have.

& please tell me you are not one of those Beasley at SF lovers cause thats a disaster waiting to happen on defense. In a perfect world he would become a Melo clone but thats not happening. Hell even when he did play SF, Haslem had to guard the SF position. Not good.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:50 PM   #8
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Wasn't Perkins of BOS a rook?

The young bigs part is to develope not be a focal point to the team. like i said we could sign a vet C for now, till the youngens develop.
I just like having a few bigs, on rookie contracts. & all they have to do is give energy at the beginning. Two bigs in the mold of Horford, & Noah would be nice to have.

& please tell me you are not one of those Beasley at SF lovers cause thats a disaster waiting to happen on defense. In a perfect world he would become a Melo clone but thats not happening. Hell even when he did play SF, Haslem had to guard the SF position. Not good.
Perk was a 5th year player believe it or not, he came right out of high school.

I'm half and half on Beasley being a SF/PF rather than PF/SF. By the end of the year my mind will be made up.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:13 AM   #9
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Perk was a 5th year player believe it or not, he came right out of high school.

I'm half and half on Beasley being a SF/PF rather than PF/SF. By the end of the year my mind will be made up.

WOW i was off by a mile.

& about Beasley i dont see it but if he could it would just open up the door for Bosh. Even though my 1st choice i obviously Bron.
It just looks like Bosh is the likeliest to opt out.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #10
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
WOW i was off by a mile.

& about Beasley i dont see it but if he could it would just open up the door for Bosh. Even though my 1st choice i obviously Bron.
It just looks like Bosh is the likeliest to opt out.
It's looking like Amare will opt out also, and the Heat will have a good chance at him.

The Suns don't have cap space to sign anyone. Channing Frye has a player option that he will likely pick up to get a higher paid deal. Since the Suns don't have his bird rights, they'd have to use their full mid-level. So basically that excludes them from adding anyone at all.

I just don't think Amare will look at a roster composed of a 36yr old Steve Nash, 38yr old Grant Hill, Jason Richardson, Leandro Barbosa, and a bunch of low ceiling young players and commit the majority of his prime to them.

The Heat should have definite selection between Bosh & Amare, with LeBron a hopeful, and Joe Johnson a shot, and Boozer a last resort definite option.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #11
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

I dont like Amare that much. His scoring has a lot to do with Nash, is not a good rebounder, or defender. + he depends a lot on his athleticism.
If we give him a max deal, i will be disappointed. & if he is here, i want him at PF not at C. So that means trading Beasley for a C/SF/PG.

Just something about Amare, at C, & Beasley at PF. No defense, & not enough rebounding. If Beasley for some miracle could become our future SF(dont see it) then it would be perfect. Add a Haywood at C, & we have Haywood, Amare, & Beasley. But Beasley would have to prove that he could guard SF's.

& before i look at Boozer (unless its at a discount/Don't see it either) i would actually look at Gay. But not try & sign him, but see what MEM might want? (Picks)

Am still holding my breath, & crossing my fingers that for some miracle Pat, & wade can convince Bron to sign with use.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #12
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Whether it's Amare or Bosh @ C, end result it would still be better than O'Neal... but you are right, it's not ideal if you want to contend by either playing Beasley out of position at SF, or Bosh/Amare out of position at C.

So yes, LeBron would be the ideal addition. You'd basically just re-sign Haslem & O'Neal, then use the remainder & your draft picks to fill out the rest of the bench.

If we could get LeBron, I'd want a team like this:

PG: Chalmers - Blake
SG: Wade - Q-Rich - Cook
SF: LeBron - R. Bell
PF: Beasley - Haslem
C: O'Neal - Camby - Draft pick
Old 12-24-2009, 01:10 AM   #13
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Whether it's Amare or Bosh @ C, end result it would still be better than O'Neal... but you are right, it's not ideal if you want to contend by either playing Beasley out of position at SF, or Bosh/Amare out of position at C.

So yes, LeBron would be the ideal addition. You'd basically just re-sign Haslem & O'Neal, then use the remainder & your draft picks to fill out the rest of the bench.

If we could get LeBron, I'd want a team like this:

PG: Chalmers - Blake
SG: Wade - Q-Rich - Cook
SF: LeBron - R. Bell
PF: Beasley - Haslem
C: O'Neal - Camby - Draft pick

$10mil for JO, Camby, Haslem, & Blake would be hard, almost impossible.

If Camby, & Blake come for the min(Camby for ring) (Blake cause hes from MIA, & played with Haslem) then yeah. we give about $5mil each to JO, & Haslem. Or say the hell with JO, & call Haywood?
But if we are going to go for a PG i'll make a phone call to Alston 1st.
& last is try to get Wade to convince Wright, & Q to resign for the min. & of course go big in the draft if possible.

You mite think am crazy but i want to drop to the 7th spot with TOR getting the 8th spot (hopfully), with them facing the Celts, & get swept, & us ORL.
This way we get the 1st 2 picks after the lotto, + play a team we match up well against & are 2-0 so far. Not that that last part maters in the playoffs, but still good for team moral.
Till their 1st blowout lose.

See my logic in this? most uneducated fans would think am hating on my own team.

Last edited by Lord Leoshes : 12-24-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #14
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

That's backwards logic. 1-2 lower playoff spots to try and get 1-2 higher draft picks?

That's a terrible idea. I'd rather the team go hard and be as good as possible, and try to get the 4th seed. Right now if the playoffs started, we'd face the Cavs. I really don't see any advantage/disadvantage with the Heat facing either the Cavs or Orlando. Season series mean nothing come playoff time.

BTW, I'm also not pushing very hard for Toronto to make the playoffs. Sure it would be nice to have an extra late first rounder, but in the end... that's all it is. If the Raptors missing the playoffs is the extra trick card Riley can pull out of his deck at the negotiating table to bring in Bosh, I'd like him to have it if need be. If the Raps sneak into the playoffs, Bosh may think to take the extra money from his home team, on the basis that he ay believe the team is a decent building block to the future, just like all the Chicago fans thought about the Bulls last season.

Even when a team squeezes in at the 7th-8th, there is still some form of hope for next year... you don't want that at all with Bosh. You want him to understand the Raps are trash and going nowhere.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:35 AM   #15
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
That's backwards logic. 1-2 lower playoff spots to try and get 1-2 higher draft picks?

That's a terrible idea. I'd rather the team go hard and be as good as possible, and try to get the 4th seed. Right now if the playoffs started, we'd face the Cavs. I really don't see any advantage/disadvantage with the Heat facing either the Cavs or Orlando. Season series mean nothing come playoff time.

BTW, I'm also not pushing very hard for Toronto to make the playoffs. Sure it would be nice to have an extra late first rounder, but in the end... that's all it is. If the Raptors missing the playoffs is the extra trick card Riley can pull out of his deck at the negotiating table to bring in Bosh, I'd like him to have it if need be. If the Raps sneak into the playoffs, Bosh may think to take the extra money from his home team, on the basis that he ay believe the team is a decent building block to the future, just like all the Chicago fans thought about the Bulls last season.

Even when a team squeezes in at the 7th-8th, there is still some form of hope for next year... you don't want that at all with Bosh. You want him to understand the Raps are trash and going nowhere.

The thing about CAV/ORL is we match up better with ORL, we have nobody to match up with Bron. + i dont want to get Bron pissed at his new team.

i think we can move to the 2nd round against ORL, or BOS easier then it would be with CLV, or ATL.

Another thing is i see Bosh out the door even if they make the playoffs. Specially if they get wept in the 1st round. That would piss off Bosh even more. It would be fresh in his mind.

& about the Draft picks we could always either trade them up for a lotto pick, trade them for next years picks(3 1st in 2011), or use them to trade for Bosh, or whoever. Beasley & 2 1st is not that bad.

I am going to keep the dream of Wade, Bron, Bosh till the end. Until i dont hear that Bron has resigned, or signed with someone else not the Heat, i wont move to plan B.

Last thing am gonna put up is something i found by David Stern.

Dec 24, 2009 2:46 PM EST
Projections of the NBA's salary cap dropping significantly for the 2010-11 season may be overly pessimistic.

While everyone still expects the cap to be reduced for next season, ESPN's Chris Sheridan writes that the reduction may not be as vast as once believed.

"The league office told teams at the Board of Governors meeting on the eve of the season opener to expect the cap to come in somewhere around the $52 million range, but agents who have been briefed on updated financial receipt figures now are using $54 million as their operating number," Sheridan wrote.

The salary cap dropped from $58.68 million in 2008-09 to $57.7 million for the current season.

Last edited by Lord Leoshes : 12-25-2009 at 04:38 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: