Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 12-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #16
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2010 Draft & Free Agents.

Well sure... Trade away Jones for expirers, then somehow lure in LeBron, then offer up Beasley, Cook + 2 firsts for Bosh, and the Raptors somehow bite, then sure. Pat would be the g-o-a-t GM by bringing together a dynasty: Wade, LeBron, Bosh

All you basically need is some bruiser like Haywood for defense only, and the team would be set. You can pretty much say automatic Finals appearance, and definite favorites to win... but that's just a pipe dream. Less than 1% chance of it actually happening.

But it's still okay to dream:

PG: Chalmers - $900k
SG: Wade - $15.5M
SF: LeBron - $15.5M
PF: Bosh - $15.5M
C:: Haywood - $6M

Total: $53.1M

Realistic scenario since the Heat have the cap room, but just plain unrealistic overall.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #17
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far

If we are going to be realistic (at least as much as possible) i dont see Bron leaving CLV. i dont see JJ leaving ATL, & i dont see Amare leaving PHX.

What i do see is Pat going hard at all three, & fail, go hard at Bron, & fail, kiss Bosh's @$$ for not going after him before Bron, & sign him.
Beasley then immediately becomes trade bait for a SF, C, or even PG. With like $8, to $10mil to fill out the team. & of course what ever we get out of the draft.

Whats your most realistic scenario?
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #18
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

One last thing.
$15 1/2mil (like you put) in FLA is the same as $16 1/2mil in NY, NJ, TOR, or CHI.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #19
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

LeBron is staying with Cavs & JJ is staying in ATL, otherwise I honestly believe everyone else is up for grabs. Amare probably isn't looking to stay in PHX as I explained earlier. Boozer is gone without a doubt, and Bosh is probably 75%/25% leaving/staying.

And Riley isn't going to alienate anyone in negotiations. I'm 100% sure he's going to go the greedy route (which would be the smartest). He'll probably call for a meeting both between Bosh & LeBron at the same time with Wade at the table, and lay out this picture of how he wants them to all play together for him on the same team.

I think the most realistic scenario though is that Bosh joins up with their shared agent negotiating max deals for both him & Wade. Then it all depends on where Riley envisions Bosh playing... whether PF or C. I still don't know that, so I can't say how he'll fill out the rest of the roster.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:14 AM   #20
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
LeBron is staying with Cavs & JJ is staying in ATL, otherwise I honestly believe everyone else is up for grabs. Amare probably isn't looking to stay in PHX as I explained earlier. Boozer is gone without a doubt, and Bosh is probably 75%/25% leaving/staying.

And Riley isn't going to alienate anyone in negotiations. I'm 100% sure he's going to go the greedy route (which would be the smartest). He'll probably call for a meeting both between Bosh & LeBron at the same time with Wade at the table, and lay out this picture of how he wants them to all play together for him on the same team.

I think the most realistic scenario though is that Bosh joins up with their shared agent negotiating max deals for both him & Wade. Then it all depends on where Riley envisions Bosh playing... whether PF or C. I still don't know that, so I can't say how he'll fill out the rest of the roster.

The 1st part is exactly how it is planed. They already have a meeting scheduled between Wade, Bron, & Bosh.

& that also how i see it ending up.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:50 PM   #21
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Best total (realistic) scenario I can think of:

1) Toronto concedes Bosh is leaving to Miami... so sign & trades Bosh to the Heat for cap space (trade exception) + their first round pick. This way they retain his rights & he can get 6yr deal.

2 )If NOLA wants to rebuild and cut costs next season, do a Beasley + Jones for Emeka Okafor deal, straight up. That would really solidify our front court.

3) Because we traded & retained the bird rights to Bosh, and traded for Emeka, we'd still have our mid-level, and could re-sign our '09 players using their bird rights to exceed the cap:

PG: Steve Blake ($3M MLE) / Chalmers ($900K)
SG: Wade ($16.5M)/ Cook ($2M)
SF: Richardson ($5M) / Raja Bell ($1.9M VM)
PF: Bosh ($16.5M)/ Haslem ($6M)
C:: Okafor ($11M)/ Camby ($3M MLE) /Anthony ($900K)

Draft: Probably another project like Dorrell Wright, maybe a replacement SG/SF for Raja or front court player to replace Camby/Anthony.

I honestly think that roster could contend immediately next season.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #22
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Best total (realistic) scenario I can think of:

1) Toronto concedes Bosh is leaving to Miami... so sign & trades Bosh to the Heat for cap space (trade exception) + their first round pick. This way they retain his rights & he can get 6yr deal.

2 )If NOLA wants to rebuild and cut costs next season, do a Beasley + Jones for Emeka Okafor deal, straight up. That would really solidify our front court.

3) Because we traded & retained the bird rights to Bosh, and traded for Emeka, we'd still have our mid-level, and could re-sign our '09 players using their bird rights to exceed the cap:

PG: Steve Blake ($3M MLE) / Chalmers ($900K)
SG: Wade ($16.5M)/ Cook ($2M)
SF: Richardson ($5M) / Raja Bell ($1.9M VM)
PF: Bosh ($16.5M)/ Haslem ($6M)
C:: Okafor ($11M)/ Camby ($3M MLE) /Anthony ($900K)

Draft: Probably another project like Dorrell Wright, maybe a replacement SG/SF for Raja or front court player to replace Camby/Anthony.

I honestly think that roster could contend immediately next season.

Not thrilled about our starting PG, & SF position, but could deal with it. That would be a contending team. BUT. & their is always a but (LOL) if we are trading & not signing, then we still have players like Q, & JO, = over $30mil to trade. & try to trade for Hinrich, & a starting SF (whoever it might be). C Butler?

Hinrich-Chalmers-Beverly
Wade-Cook-Bell
Butler?-Q-Wright
Bosh-Haslem-Monroe?
Okafor-Cambey-Aldrich?

Way over the cap, but (IF) Mickey is down to pay for it, it would definetly be a contending team. Hell i say favorites to win it all.

& with our 2 picks we get some combination of.

Aldrich
Alabi
Cousins
Monroe
Sanders

What do you think of that idea?
Old 01-04-2010, 12:55 AM   #23
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
Not thrilled about our starting PG, & SF position, but could deal with it. That would be a contending team. BUT. & their is always a but (LOL) if we are trading & not signing, then we still have players like Q, & JO, = over $30mil to trade. & try to trade for Hinrich, & a starting SF (whoever it might be). C Butler?

Hinrich-Chalmers-Beverly
Wade-Cook-Bell
Butler?-Q-Wright
Bosh-Haslem-Monroe?
Okafor-Cambey-Aldrich?

Way over the cap, but (IF) Mickey is down to pay for it, it would definetly be a contending team. Hell i say favorites to win it all.

& with our 2 picks we get some combination of.

Aldrich
Alabi
Cousins
Monroe
Sanders

What do you think of that idea?
That doesn't make a lot of sense

Why are you mentioning players like Aldrich & Cousins who will undoubtedly be top 14 picks, when since the Heat will make the playoffs they will get a 15th-30th pick? Next... if we are essentially trading back Toronto's pick & cap space for Bosh's rights, we'd only have 1 pick.

Either way altogether I'm really not looking forward to anyone from the draft. A contending team doesn't look to the draft to get better... and going into the 2010 season, I'd hope we'd be in position to contend. The draft should just be used to fill in extra depth in the roster.

Also we only have expirers... are you suggesting Washington or Chicago would want us to sign & trade Q-Rich or O'Neal? Because I'll tell you right now, that's not happening.

Lastly, I'm really not falling over myself over Hinrich like every other fan on this board seems to do. He's mediocre at everything except defense. If we can get him after we get all our core together, then sure, it might be okay... but I don't see how the Heat can fit his overpaid $9M deal into their roster and still fill it out with contending pieces. As I've said before, I'd much rather solidify the front court than worry about overpaying guards.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #24
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
That doesn't make a lot of sense

Why are you mentioning players like Aldrich & Cousins who will undoubtedly be top 14 picks, when since the Heat will make the playoffs they will get a 15th-30th pick? Next... if we are essentially trading back Toronto's pick & cap space for Bosh's rights, we'd only have 1 pick.

Either way altogether I'm really not looking forward to anyone from the draft. A contending team doesn't look to the draft to get better... and going into the 2010 season, I'd hope we'd be in position to contend. The draft should just be used to fill in extra depth in the roster.

Also we only have expires... are you suggesting Washington or Chicago would want us to sign & trade Q-Rich or O'Neal? Because I'll tell you right now, that's not happening.

Lastly, I'm really not falling over myself over Hinrich like every other fan on this board seems to do. He's mediocre at everything except defense. If we can get him after we get all our core together, then sure, it might be okay... but I don't see how the Heat can fit his overpaid $9M deal into their roster and still fill it out with contending pieces. As I've said before, I'd much rather solidify the front court than worry about overpaying guards.

In some draft boards they have Aldrich, & albi at 15 threw 19. & i've seen Cousins all the way to 30. Yeah i know some of these draft people need to watch more College basketball.
& the young bigs are to have big bodies, on rookie contracts.

Either way if we do stay with both picks, i dont see why Pat could not trade both to move up to get the guy he likes. (Whoever it is) if not draft to bigs, or trade them for next year, or trade them for a player.
See there are a lot of different ways we could go here.
I am just throwing ideas around cause we have a long ways to go before we know what we will have.

Why sign & trade? they wants cap space & we have it. simple as that. If not add another team who needs what we have. Many ways we can do this. But again am just trowing ideas out there.

& am not all that high on Hinrich either. He is available, & would hit nicely next to wade. He can play both spots, & defend both spots(which is the biggest thing), & he does not need the ball all the time. He,s a good (no great) 3 point shooter.
Basically he fit next to Wade, but i really never liked him my self, & dont care if we get him, or not.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #25
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Actually after doing more research, in the scenario I posted I forgot that we still wouldn't have a mid-level exception or bi-annual exception. Doing a trade for Bosh would allow the Heat to be able to hold onto the bird rights of it's '09 players, but not get the annual exceptions.

Most likely we couldn't even get a Blake unless it was for the vet minimum. So it really comes down to how the PF/C rotation comes together. I'd really like an Okafor type tough defensive C who can also score a little next to Bosh rather than someone like Jermaine back just for the sake of cost savings and trading Beasley for a SF or PG, or even worse, playing Bosh out of position @ C. I'd only be willing to trade Beasley for a C, nothing else.

But anyway... the point I was trying to make was whatever we get out of the draft will only be a backup... even if it's backup C or PF... PG, SG, or SF... it doesn't matter, because they will be getting limited minutes like the majority of rookies in Heat history.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #26
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

We know none of this will happen, but if we did do all those moves before the FEB trade deadline & have Bosh or whoever's bird right. You say we will not have the MID, or LOW, right?
Cause now that you mentioned it, the only way it would of worked is by doing it this past off season so both Bosh, & Wade could of signed an extension then, & then do the trades for the other players that already have contracts past this season so we would have the MID, & LOW.

Am i right with all this, or am i missing something here?
Old 01-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #27
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
We know none of this will happen, but if we did do all those moves before the FEB trade deadline & have Bosh or whoever's bird right. You say we will not have the MID, or LOW, right?
Cause now that you mentioned it, the only way it would of worked is by doing it this past off season so both Bosh, & Wade could of signed an extension then, & then do the trades for the other players that already have contracts past this season so we would have the MID, & LOW.

Am i right with all this, or am i missing something here?
Yeah, the Raptors would have to be way out of the playoff chase for them to trade Bosh, but since the East sucks, it looks like they will make the playoffs

But it would have been great if we could have traded Beasley + maybe Q-Rich & their first back to them for Bosh.... then maybe traded Jermaine O'Neal for Okafor, Posey, and Songalia.

Then we'd still have the MID & LOW, and could still re-sign the players we wanted to keep.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:21 AM   #28
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Yeah, the Raptors would have to be way out of the playoff chase for them to trade Bosh, but since the East sucks, it looks like they will make the playoffs

But it would have been great if we could have traded Beasley + maybe Q-Rich & their first back to them for Bosh.... then maybe traded Jermaine O'Neal for Okafor, Posey, and Songalia.

Then we'd still have the MID & LOW, and could still re-sign the players we wanted to keep.

Thats what i wanted to make sure off, that we could still resign Wade, & Bosh (Bird Rights) at max, & still be able to use the MID, & LOW.

& with TOR playing better i doubt it to. But they did play some pretty weak teams except SA. This month will tell a lot about TOR. We might still have a chance. (though doubtful)

We still have that little chance when Wade, Bosh, & Bron have that diner together to talk about their futures & what they will do. Hopefully Pat Riley crashes that dinner with the best rap he has ever given anyone. & convinces them to join us in some master plan Pat has diabolically created.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #29
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

What if Gilbert Arenas gets free of his contract with the Wizards. You think the Heat would go after Gilber Arenas?
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #30
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
What if Gilbert Arenas gets free of his contract with the Wizards. You think the Heat would go after Gilber Arenas?
Pat Riley always goes after the bad rap type players. He loves a project.

He would definitely offer him a contract, but nothing close to what the Wizards gave him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: