Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 02-05-2010, 02:42 PM   #16
ABPrints
Kids at the park dunk on me

ABPrints has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kobe V

Quote:
High tops alone do not prevent or reduce the effects of an ankle injury. Taping does not either, because it loosens in 10-15 minutes. The most effective preventive measure to ankle injuries are ankle braces.
As for the shoes, they appear to be light and stable which was exactly what Kobe was looking for. The aesthetics are not too bad either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
You're right.
Anyway, you want to train your ankles the best you can especially if you are injury prone. Increasing ankle support more and more just means more pressure on your knees; think about it. If you have a ton of support preventing your ankle from every twist and roll, the next joint up has to collapse (your knees). The force that should be hitting your ankle doesn't just disappear because you have good support, it's going to travel to the next available joint.
What I'm trying to say is, train your joints, all of them.

QFT that lowtop shoes provide a freer range of motion for your ankles.

Requoted for truth. As an athletic trainer, I have been telling my athletes that for years to no avail. There are times it is needed to tape or use a brace, but they won't prevent injury if you are not injured. Also, just for futher info, actually tape that has been loosened after the 20 minute window is still theoretically very good at doing it's job. This is done through kinesthetic feedback of the tape on the skin.
ABPrints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:39 PM   #17
olinaning
Can barely lace up my sneakers

olinaning has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kobe V

i like it more than jordans
http://www.vogvane.com
seems wonderful

Last edited by olinaning : 05-07-2013 at 09:02 PM.
olinaning is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: