Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Big 10 wants to expand, do they? Sounds great to me

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4745381

The Big Ten wants to expand and add another team or two over the next year or so.

The Big Ten should take Iowa State off of the Big XII's hands. That would open a spot in the Big XII for........

.....TCU!!!!!

It probably won't happen, but it'd make perfect sense. Iowa already is in the Big Ten, so why not just add Iowa State and allow TCU to be in a conference it deserves to be in.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Big 10 wants to expand, do they? Sounds great to me

So would they call the new conference the Big 10 + 2?
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mizzou and Pitt make the most sense to me. Quality (very quality with Pitt) academics, major state schools, research institutions. I've heard Syracuse floated but I'd be pretty shocked if Boeheim let it happen, I assume he has some MAJOR pull at the Cuse. West Virginia and Cincy would get laughed at for their academics. I really don't know much about Rutgers, but it just doesn't feel right for some reason.

Doesn't Mizzou just seem like a Big Ten school? And yeah, they leave the Big 12 and a school like TCU or Boise could join a BCS conference.

Who knows if they'd rename it, maybe something like "The Richest Conference By Far MFers."
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

No way Mizzou leaves the Big XII. Why would one of the top schools in the Big XII want to go to the Big 10?

Seriously though, I think it'll be a team from the ACC or Big East to move to the Big 10, unfortunately.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
No way Mizzou leaves the Big XII. Why would one of the top schools in the Big XII want to go to the Big 10?

Seriously though, I think it'll be a team from the ACC or Big East to move to the Big 10, unfortunately.

Money. I'd have to Google for references, but the Big Ten's revenue sharing structure and 2 BCS bowls brings in TONS more cash for all the school then any other conference.

Of course, if they expand, get a conference title game, the 2 BCS games are probably done with. Not counting the SEC powerhouses, what was the last conference title game loser to still go to BCS?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:41 PM   #6
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
So would they call the new conference the Big 10 + 2?

The Big 10 already has 11 teams in it. And they're not called the Big 11.

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Michigan, Ohio St, Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn State, Purdue and Wisconsin.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #7
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would be pretty bummed if Pitt moved to the Big Ten. My love for Big East basketball far outweighs any benefit of moving into Big Ten football.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #8
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Makes sense. Big 10 is boring football so it would only make sense that another boring football team would be added to it.

Bring TCU to the Big 12. I'm down with it even if it might make A&M worse.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: