Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 03-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
reggiekaty
Can barely lace up my sneakers

reggiekaty has an OK reputation so far
Default Hex Pad Shooting Arm Sleeves

This site just got all new colors in. I've seen Lebron James wear the black hex sleeve and I've seen college players wearing the scarlet one. http://www.wristbandsusa.com/etoad/i...&productId=331

Do you guys wear them? Are they for injuries or looks?

Last edited by reggiekaty : 03-11-2009 at 04:09 PM.
reggiekaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
NBA4EVER

NBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hex Pad Shooting Arm Sleeves

they are probably most likely used for injuries, regular shooting sleeves dont have the padding on them so most people think its kind of pointless to wear just a sleeve on your arm. But with this shooting sleeve it helps prevent injuries to your elbow.
NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Nike, Adidas, Jordan Brand, and McDavis are starting to make the shooting sleeves with the pads on them.

D-Wade, Lebron, Rip Hamilton, and Chris Paul wear the sleeves with the pads.

Allen Iverson wears the regular sleeve which is suppose to keep your muscles warm and circulation flowing in your arm.

mcdavidusa.com has the best selecting of basketball padding.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

I think Carmelo's sleeve has a pad in it too
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #5
jballa34

jballa34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
I think Carmelo's sleeve has a pad in it too

ya melo's does have a pad in it

personally if i were to wear one to any kind of game i'd get my ass laughed off the court even if i had a legit. reason for wearing one besides they look bad ass!!!
jballa34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
reggiekaty

reggiekaty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiekaty
This site just got all new colors in. I've seen Lebron James wear the black hex sleeve and I've seen college players wearing the scarlet one. http://www.wristbandsusa.com/etoad/i...&productId=331

Do you guys wear them? Are they for injuries or looks?

I just found them at another site website: http://www.uniquesportsaccessories.c...productId=1279
reggiekaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
LevisJeans
Underdog

LevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected poster

Unless you can fill your sleeve out and you can shoot really well, you'll look like a wannabe wearing it.
LevisJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #8
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Who cares what other people think? If it helps your game or protects you wear it.

Last edited by shlver : 09-18-2009 at 08:31 PM.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #9
LevisJeans
Underdog

LevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
Who cares what other people think? If it helps your game or protects you wear it.

I own one. It only works if it feels tight on your hand. I got it a few years ago and it kept slipping off. Now, I fill it out, more or less, and I feel a big difference when I shoot.
LevisJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #10
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You better be really good if you're going to wear something like this to the court.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #11
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
You better be really good if you're going to wear something like this to the court.
I agree, no point in wear all of this specialized gear if you arent good.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:04 AM   #12
Euroball5
I brick open layups

Euroball5 has an OK reputation so far

Can someone tell me what's the point of these things other than style ?
Euroball5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:35 AM   #13
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroball5
Can someone tell me what's the point of these things other than style ?

Protection. They're padded.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wear the short ones that aren't fill sleeves it helps to meet my elbow from bending back
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #15
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason

What if you have a real reason other than trying to look good...

I wear an elbow sleeve. It covers the lower half of my Bicep to the top half of my forearm. I wear it whenever I get tightness or pain in my shooting arm.

I also regularly wear compression tights for my legs. I need to keep my blood circulating since my family has a history of some potassium problems in our blood and I get wicked cramps in my calf’s…

Then again no one has really said anything so maybe I play well enough to get a pass, or my massive 5’7 frame intimidates them from saying anything…
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: