Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 12-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
FrogmanV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

FrogmanV has an OK reputation so far
Default Need 3+ Owners Dynasty/Salary

http://paspn.net/default.asp?p=90&le...08&seasonid=53

Only join if you will:
Must be in it for years to come
Login At least weekly -
w/that you must set the minimum of 8 for starters of the 12 active spots
Must reply to trade offers within a week of original offer

If you fail to maintain minimum standards you will be replaced, simply and period after 3 strikes against your account.

Salary Cap is $63million, 30 teams, Real NBA draft, league is a lot of fun as long as we don't have dead owners. We as a group want to ensure the league lasts so we ask that you are very active and enjoy chatting/wheeling and dealing.

For sure openings:

Pacers
[color="SeaGreen"]
Cavs
Bucks

Reply with your email (you check the most) and what team you'd like to claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Ok, how is the scoring done....roto style?

Efficiency Points so here is how I figure it to be (i could be slightly off but fairly accurate that I've noticed)
(Pts + Reb + Asst +Stl +Blk) MINUS ( FG Missed, FT missed, TurnOvers)

You have an Active roster of 12 max, 8 may play any given night (set in rotation under My Org once you become a GM in the league)
YOu add those points up over the week and you are playing head to head solely based upon those points ...no categories (more freedom to Owners to pick players of a certain style and no troubles with that)

Are the cap numbers the actual numbers of the real contract for the player?

Originallly you will start with your team with their current real life salaries etc. But You may buy players out..you may release them..you may sign Free agents..this will obviously be the point where we begin to deviate from real life.

When you deal, do you have to abide by NBA trade rules in terms of matching salaries?

Yes CBA rules apply (not sure HOW perfect it is but fairly close) The trades are fairly liberal no one throws a flag if you can explain your logic for a outright wild trade..recently Oden/Fernandez for Jefferson raised a flag by an owner..this made sense to me and the respective owner explained his move and no one minded.

I would assume the teams available may not have the full real NBA roster....like I saw your team had Azu etc. I'd obviously want to see the full roster.

All available teams at this point Jazz(maybe if DKM doesnt completely sign up), Rockets, and Pacers are FULL rosters and Untouched from my understanding. If the slight chance that they aren't hopefully you can see past that. Look at the link on the messageboard in insidehoops that i referenced before...that is the front page for the league. From there you can Click ON GM's..to see the list of teams and the owners...$$$ figures for list of teams, their salary caps and last login..My Org (when you sign up)...self explanatory...You may see any teams roster by clicking on them from the "GM" list.

So are you looking for a balance of good team now to compete, good young players to compete in the future and good cap numbers?

You'd be right on! IT IS FUN AS HELL! You can deviate from there if you'd like ..the Bucks are tanking but if you want to tank you still need tohave 8 starters during the week(I can explain how to set your rotation later once you sign up). We do this to make sure we a) have active owners b) if you are tanking for John Wall next year you have to put some effort for finding players to tank with and leave a little chance that you may not be able to out tank another owner that is tanking...oh and you're a fake gm in this league so you also need to have a product on the court....else no product = no team = no draft pick.

Also - after youmake a trade or signing or anything like that you need to SET your rotation else this new player rides the bench and acquires no points for you!

What happens in the offseason? You said you will have $35mill to spend. How do you spend it? Who do you spend it on?

Free Agency will start about a week after the Draft which is obviously after the real NBA draft(so you know who went where and if you like that player at that real nba team). You may spend it on the new free agents like for this year the big FA market with LBJ, Wade, etc etc. You go through bidding for a FA where the system has standards that say there is a 7 day contract submission timeline...the agent can select a contract after 5bidders..if no contract is what the agent is wanting then he goes into a Grace Period and it is much similar to the submission timeline... hopefully the player signs ..usually the highest $$$ wins. Fun fun..

Last edited by FrogmanV : 01-03-2010 at 01:46 AM.
FrogmanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Need 3+ Owners Dynasty/Salary

gmanhoops@hotmail.com

Have many questions but interested in learning more.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
FrogmanV

Very good point..this league is more involved and we all will make mistakes. All we ask is that you be active. Right now we are taking a vote via the board members (10 of the 30 members) to replace the inactive team owners menntioned above.

What team would you be interested in? an open one or a replacement team?

If you have any ?'s just ask or wait for my tutorials coming within a week!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
FrogmanV

Raptors are likely to open up within 2 wks if that matters to you?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd take the Jazz

scotth99@gmail.com
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
FrogmanV

sounds good consider it yours...please read the constitution on the league page! So long as RapsFan doesn't want jazz consider it yours.. but the invite is on the way for you DKM.

Welcome aboard!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogmanV
sounds good consider it yours...please read the constitution on the league page! So long as RapsFan doesn't want jazz consider it yours.. but the invite is on the way for you DKM.

Welcome aboard!

Nice, I just checked out the page quickly, I'm certainly gonna need to figure things out, I haven't played at this site before
Old 12-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #8
FrogmanV

It sure beat the randoms on espn from year to year...plus when you make a move its long term usually you're not looking for trades like Bosh for James very often. We are looking at trades like my most recent one such as:

J. Smith and Future 2nd Round Pick of the 76ers for Earl Clark

Alot more fun in my eye..plus you deal with the same people year to year!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #9
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

If you could drop me an email, that would be helpful. Then I can fire off a bunch of questions to you.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #10
FrogmanV

Tell me what team(s) you're interested in first...if you take Rockets or Pacers we can get you rolling today but if you want any of the other teams we have to wait a week(ish).

Needless to say, it doesn't ultimately matter what team you pick because if you work at your organization you can put some trades/signings together and love your team.

my email is frogmanva@gmail.com
Old 12-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #11
FrogmanV

Too claim a team you'll need to click on "GM's" on the top and then click the radio button next to the open team you'd like to take over. (DKMwise)
Old 12-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #12
dkmwise
Local High School Star

Quote:
Too claim a team you'll need to click on "GM's" on the top and then click the radio button next to the open team you'd like to take over. (DKMwise)

I'm trying to click on the spot next to it but it doesn't seem to be doing anything
Old 12-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #13
dkmwise
Local High School Star

Never mind, I got it
Old 12-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #14
FrogmanV

nice make sure to chat from time to time!

Glad you figured it out...mind telling me the steps you had to take to join from your perspective? From the email until you picked your team?

It will help future GM's that want to join (because I have a feeling we are going to replace 9 GM's within a couple weeks)

Also I just put a "quote" from an email between RapsFan and I above ...check it out.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:13 PM   #15
dkmwise
Local High School Star

Quote:
nice make sure to chat from time to time!

Glad you figured it out...mind telling me the steps you had to take to join from your perspective? From the email until you picked your team?

It will help future GM's that want to join (because I have a feeling we are going to replace 9 GM's within a couple weeks)

Also I just put a "quote" from an email between RapsFan and I above ...check it out.

Well first thing is you need to create an account and wait for them to send you a confirmation email. Then use that passcode you gave me to log into the league. Then to the right of where you put in all the league information on the frontpage you see all the different team logos and at the top there is a logo with just a basketball that says click to pick team. After you click on that it brings you to a page with all the teams and their owners and you look for a free team and click on the little circle to the left of that team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: